My LG is dead, now using Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 that is higher specced but much shittier in reality

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
I know I know, I am forever doomed with electronics, but this is Hilariously weird!

Previous phone was LG G PRO 2
- 3 GB RAM
- snapdragon 800
- 16 GB Flash storage
- Android 5
- 3100mAH

New phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- 3 GB RAM
- mediatek hello x20
- 32 GB Flash storage
- Android 6
- 4100 mAH

Spec-wise, it should be faster or at least the same as LG. but in reality

- one alphabet per second when typing this post title
- Law battery around 1 PM
- never stops closing apps, including important apps like emails and chats.
- blocking background sync all the bloody time it's in sleep mode
- stutter like crap after 1 hour of Google maps

o_O

Xiaomi is this shitty as a software developer or this is my usual luck with electronics?

Heck, it even already got one stuck pixel just 2 days after I bought it.

My bad, I have it since last December, and to be honest I haven´t experienced any of those symptoms.

I come from a cheap redmi 1, so in regards to its performance it has plenty to spare (to me at least).
Here in Spain it´s winter now, so i haven´t used it above 20ºC to see if it overheats or if it throttles, but for the time being runs just fine.

My daily use it´s just emails, texting, browsing, some calls, and Heavy Pokemon GO use when i´m outside :mrgreen:

Just to be sure, What ROM are you using?? does it end with 0.0??
It is the Global, a dev one?

Did your cat toyed with it when you were out?

@Michellstar

i use 8.0.4.0 Global.

i have fixed a bit of the app closing and performance problem by disabling all MIUI memory management and optimizations in the settings, and setting performance from Balanced to Performance.

it still have the same 5 hours screen-on-time. But now much more responsive and less trigger happy in killing apps. Still far from what i experienced with LG G Pro 2 tho.

hopefully someone can make Cyanogenmod for tthis phone... but this is MTK. no opensouce driver :(

Some of the imported Xiaomi Devices have a cooked rom that are not official from Xiaomi and have bugs. I bought my mother the Redmi Note 3 Pro for 200€ and it doesn't have problems.

@Michellstar

i use 8.0.4.0 Global.

i have fixed a bit of the app closing and performance problem by disabling all MIUI memory management and optimizations in the settings, and setting performance from Balanced to Performance.

It is strange though, I moved from 8.0.4.0 to 8.1.4.0, but this version was removed for some reason.
But I´ve never had to use performance mode. I.m still at 8.1.4.0 with no apparent bugs

I always have more than 1GB RAM free, what do you have installed?
Are you using another launcher?

it still have the same 5 hours screen-on-time. But now much more responsive and less trigger happy in killing apps. Still far from what i experienced with LG G Pro 2 tho.

hopefully someone can make Cyanogenmod for tthis phone... but this is MTK. no opensouce driver :(

Well depending in using patterns, you can get more juice from the battery.
I get around two days between charges, but low screen time.

I hope they up the rom version, The Chinese and dev one, has improved a lot.

Wich bug?
Let me see if i can replicate it

when i go to App A to B, the end transition from cached screenshot into the app got delayed.

so its like..

press Recent
swift animation of cards
press app B,
swift animation of cards going into one app
lag for half second (the destination app is not responsive to touch, status bar is missing all the icons like clock, etc)
the destination app opened and responsive, the status bar also have all its icon back.

when i go to App A to B, the end transition from cached screenshot into the app got delayed.

so its like..

press Recent
swift animation of cards
press app B,
swift animation of cards going into one app
lag for half second (the destination app is not responsive to touch, status bar is missing all the icons like clock, etc)
the destination app opened and responsive, the status bar also have all its icon back.

Nope, not happening, sorry

My phone have no working recovery. Luckily mi flash works just fine :D

Btw if I encrypt my phone and I wipe it, will all my user data also lost?

No idea @orangpelupa , i don´t even have the fingerprint activated to lock the phone.

So you are going to use sp flash tool?? Bold man :LOL:

They said that February the 20Th they release 8.2.0 yipi

@Michellstar nope, i used official Mi Flash tool from xiaomi to force-flash 8140 :D

btw any idea about xiaomi xmsf? that app keeps pinging a server in China all the time. I don't feel comfortable with my phone "phoning home" like that...

@Michellstar nope, i used official Mi Flash tool from xiaomi to force-flash 8140 :D

btw any idea about xiaomi xmsf? that app keeps pinging a server in China all the time. I don't feel comfortable with my phone "phoning home" like that...
Did it appear at the installed apps setting?? I cant find it

How do you monitor which apps are using data or dialing home?? XD

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4 mediante Tapatalk

Back