Windows 10 [2014 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always interested in trying a new browser; might try Opera / Vivaldi now just for grins. Last time I tried Opera it wasn't "bad", but it wasn't convincing enough to make me leave Chrome. This was probably 3-4 years ago though...

If you want a lightweight browser try basic browser
flash - no
java - no
javascript - no
activex - no

it displays text and pictures and thats all. :D

Last edited:
If you want a lightweight browser try basic browser
flash - no
java - no
javascript - no

it displays text and pictures and thats all. :D
If I wanted a text only browser, I"d just open a Telnet session to port 80 and call it done :D

For browsing of basically anything outside of various financial institutions and a few forums I've accepted as trustworthy (B3D is in the list!) I use a VM. With a Windows hypervisor, I've scheduled regular application-consistent quiesced volume snapshots as a backup solution. I friggin' love modern virtualization...

Edge is starting to borrow some ideas from Opera in the latest versions.

Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 Creators Update build, 15031, to PC testers in the Fast Ring.
Wednesday's build has a couple new features, plus quite a few fixes.

New in this build is support for what Microsoft is calling the Compact Overlay window. When an app window enters this mode, it will be shown above other windows, preventing it from getting blocked. Microsoft is planning to take advantage of this mode with its own Movies & TV and Skype Preview apps "in the near future," according to the Feb. 8 blog post about Build 15031.

Dynamic Lock, a feature that automatically locks users' Windows 10 PCs after 30 seconds when they are not around -- based on the proximity of a Bluetooth-paired phone -- is new in this build.

There are quite a few fixes in this build, itemized in the post, including some that improve games performance, app resizing and more.
Microsoft officials said Wednesday that the Windows 10 Creators Update software development kit is feature-complete, as of this point. Microsoft is expected to begin rolling out the Windows 10 Creators Update release in early April 2017.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-rolls-out-windows-10-creators-test-build-15031-for-pcs/

I gotta go turn on my little Lenovo laptop and have it pull down this update. Want to see my EPIC FPS GAINZ on the venerable Arrandale 540m with the wonders of my overclocked Radeon 5650m.

Maybe I can play Fallout 4 at lowest settings and maybe hit 30fps? :D

:LOL: I wasn't joking about FO4 performance, but actually it's a pretty decent little gaming rig for older titles or modern non-AAA stuff. Plays Skyrim really well, even does GTAV on medium-ish settings. It also "helps" the max screen rez is 1366x768 :D

I do really use that box for fast ring updates, too. I'll check it out for you and report back with my thoughts...

cortana says something like this via notification.

rose are red, reminders are great, i can help you to remind about valentine date.

and when i wanna click it, its already gone!

how can i reply: will you be my date? :(

https://mspoweruser.com/munich-city...ack-all-their-linux-desktops-back-to-windows/

Linux is ok,but LibreOffice? I am not surprised at all.

:D maybe she is not as romantic as you seem to be.

Can't say that I'm surprised, it's no secret that support costs for Linux in a corporate (government as well) environment is often significantly higher than support costs for Windows clients. And that not only offsets the initial cost of windows client licensing but overtime goes far higher. Lost productivity just compounds the issue.

That's not to say that in the right situation Linux installations can't be far more appropriate and the costs significantly reduced. But those environments are usually ones where the people using the Linux installations are themselves relatively fluent in the use of Linux, which requires quite a bit of technical knowledge on the part of the user. Corporate and government environments usually don't feature that sort of technical knowledge on the part of their users.

Regards,
SB

Wouldn't moving to web-based applications have been smarter in a Linux environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back