Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

I share your disdain. Although I'm also relieved to see a woman in a fantasy game without some form of armourkini.
For those who want it there is a bunch of unlockable or downloadable clothing dlc you can get for Aloy and iirc there were some armorkinis though nothing revealing since the armor is always overtop full body clothing so you don't see any skin.

edit found some:
13551642_new-horizon-zero-dawn-trailer-the-game_a3e64b22_m.jpg

If you preorder from gamestop you get this armor and a custom bow
123788GME_bonusLG.jpg

27557590522_0bae0806e0_b.jpg

Last edited:
I share your disdain. Although I'm also relieved to see a woman in a fantasy game without some form of armourkini.
I concur. I hate armourkinis. It's just that the concept arts shown in that video are so much more charming and cheerful than what we have in the final game.
Except for Nathan Drake we don't really have any protagonists that smile. Even he turned sour in the last one. I wish there were more games that made me smile while playing or atleast didn't have frowns all over. Look at ME andromeda too. Not even a single memorable/charming face there either. Except for that one girl with the black band accross her eyes .

Aloy is definitely better than all of the other characters around but those concept arts are so much more appealing to me than the current Aloy.
And I find it very strange that happy faces sell lesser in this world. What a weird world we live in. [emoji52] where one hides and love and happiness and vents his anger with pride.

The real time TOD slider in photomode is brilliant! This instantly adds that much more play time for me as I would ceaselessly sample it out on so many scenery:).
Also really loving the night time look, the amount of volumetric lights, fogs, moonlight shading on top of that densely foliage laden environment is pure magical. In fact the use of lighting and color pallet is one of the biggest visual highlight for me.

I'm on team armourkini :)

That said, can we please stop acting like armourkinis are actually still a widespread thing (outside of Asian MMOs maybe). I believe the last time I played as a sterotypical, scantily clad warrior princess was in Golden Axe: Beast Rider. That was 9 years ago.

Back