All purpose Sales and Sales Rumors and Anecdotes [2017 Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ranger's is just exaggerating for poetic effect. He thinks (thought) he had evidence that'd prove us wrong and was warming up his digs and jibes ready to gloat.

Huh? No I just think its funny how some posters are telling me "oh you're so wrong about the Pro, clearly blah blah for $100 more it's useless nobody will want it blah bblah"

Then we have other posters in here recently like "man pro is a big success" And the first group of posters are nowhere to be found. Just a bit odd. Nothing more.

Is the pro a success or not? I'm confused.

Last edited:
Is it possible that Xbox sales are relatively low when in comparison to PS4 because a lot of people are waiting for scorpio? Almost all of my friends held off on buying the Xbox One S because they know a vastly improved version is coming out.
Which is too bad because Microsoft announced Scorpio when Xbox One was outselling the competition, vastly. Now people seemed to have stopped buying Xbox One S, allowing Sony to take the sales lead again. If they had kept quiet about Scorpio, Xbox would have outsold PS4 guaranteed

Xbox sales are about usual...well actually I guess it had it's best NPD month ever (and those are the only sales we get lately that I know of). But the Dec/Nov combination was about normal as Nov was lackluster.

I was right though so far PS4 is 2-0 since Pro came out. Although it has not performed nearly as well as I expected. PS4 is still 2-0 in NPD.

To refresh, I predicted PS4 would win every NPD from Pro release until Scorpio. I probably wouldn't make that prediction again though. I could see Xbox stealing a slow month or two given how close Nov/Dec was.

Last edited:
http://www.sell.fr/sites/default/files/EJV_Bilan Mache 2016_SELL_Fev 17 BD.pdf

Sales of videogame in France. We have now the total of game console sales for 2016 and the Wii U total.

XB1+ PS4 + WII U 1.468.000 Ml 2016

XB1+ PS4+ WII U 5.078.000 Ml LTD

Easy to extrapolate from 2015 sales with official number

YTD 2015 was 1,577,000 for reference.

LTD (YTD) for the consoles at the end of 2015

PS4: 2,155,000 (1,065,000)
WIU: 742,000 (214,000)
XB1: 715,000 (298,000)

http://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/articl...llions-de-jeux-en-france_5073558_4408996.html

French numbers for 2016 unless it said otherwise

- 4.3M games sold on Nintendo consoles (+6%)
- 3.3M 3DS games sold
- 1M Wii/Wii U games sold (at first I thought it was Wii U only but I think LeMonde made a mistake there)
- 700 000 3DS family sold, LTD >4.7M
- 2DS was half the sales of the 3DS family this year
- LTD is half what the DS did back then
- 105 000 Mario Maker 3DS
- Youkai Watch 700.000 in Europe, 260.000 in France target was 200.000
- 89.000 Wii U, 7.000 left in stock at retailers

Looking at the post above other infos that can be deduced
- 77.000 Pokemon S/M 2DS/3DS bundles sold
- 45.000 Youkai Watch 2DS/3DS bundles sold
- 25.000 PSV sold

2017 target
- Pokemon S/M 450.000
- Mario Maker 3DS 150.000

20 best sales all platform
C3pW131WQAAw_IH.jpg

20 best sku Nintendo is popular here like in Germany and some other European country... No Xbox One SKU out of FIFA 17 which sold just a bit better than PS3 SKU...

tIXwbU8.jpg

Last edited:
Why do you think this?. The EU has exceedingly good consumer protection laws but if you buy from a retailer outside of the EU you will have to fight with lawyers to benefit from them, wait longer for delivery and be subject to import taxes. I'm not seeing a plus to buying from the North America.

It's some currency conversion thing with PSN points cards or something, making them a good value for Europeans somehow (or maybe it was even just Ukers). I dont even remember any details. It just applied to the points cards.

Is it possible that Xbox sales are relatively low when in comparison to PS4 because a lot of people are waiting for scorpio? Almost all of my friends held off on buying the Xbox One S because they know a vastly improved version is coming out.
Which is too bad because Microsoft announced Scorpio when Xbox One was outselling the competition, vastly. Now people seemed to have stopped buying Xbox One S, allowing Sony to take the sales lead again. If they had kept quiet about Scorpio, Xbox would have outsold PS4 guaranteed

Im assuming you are talking about NPD numbers. Xbox One never outsold the PS4 several months in a row like the S version has. And i think Sony taking the lead had more to do with bundles and dropping 50 dollars from the Slim price over the Osbourne effect occuring with the One S

Huh? No I just think its funny how some posters are telling me "oh you're so wrong about the Pro, clearly blah blah for $100 more it's useless nobody will want it blah bblah"

Then we have other posters in here recently like "man pro is a big success"
Different people, different opinions? I hope you don't go on the internet looking for The Answer. ;) Ask different people the same question and you'll likely get some different, often conflicting, responses.

What are you measuring it against? As a next-gen console that sells gangbusters, it's a fail. As a mid-gen money maker for Sony, it's a win. As an improved PS4, it's marginal at the moment but the recent new Boost mode makes it look more like a success (and that'll boost sales for sure as it's become the device that we speculated the majority of potential upgraders would be interested in - a 60 fps PS4 for all PS4 games). As a replacement for a PC it's a total fail. As a portable music player it's Fail. As a doorstop it improves notably on the original.

You need to discuss success/failure in context of a target.

How many times have we been through this. Xbox 360 EXACTLY had a 2:1 split. The burden of proof IMO is on anyone to prove it's lower than that for Xbox One. Good luck since there isn't any.
Link to X360 split? Even if it's 2:1, that has little relevance to XB1. I only brought it up because X360 seems to have sold better in EU than XB1 is, and I was under the impression that X360 didn't even have a 2:1 split.

Where is this particular alleged EA estimate? Do they source and credit numbers from GFK and NPD? I'd have to look at it to even determine if it supposedly goes against 2:1.

Other than that I'm sure they provided zero details cause I think I remember that estimate. So no, I dont accept it unless it's attributed from gfk/NPD.
https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1893262/

Read from that post on.

EA has done several forecasts and estimates. Zhuge also has access to data that is not shown to the public. Zhuge, EA and all other estimates done by various websites have the US representing 55-60% of XB1 sales. These are people with far more sales data than any of us... people either in the industry or who do this for a living. And you literally have no basis to your ratio, other than the performance of the X360.

Whether you choose to believe their numbers or not is your choice. But I'm sure most of us will agree that the basis of their estimates are FAR more credible than yours.

Then we have other posters in here recently like "man pro is a big success" And the first group of posters are nowhere to be found. Just a bit odd. Nothing more.

The PS4 Pro is a success, in the sense that it is serving its purpose and selling better than Sony's expectations. Is it overtaking the base PS4 in sales or significantly boosting PS4 sales? No. Does that make it a failure? No... maybe only to the people with unreasonable expectations.

Last edited:
The reason was simple PS3 was a fucking 600 euros consoles and finally the PS3 sold more than 360 in Europe because of a very strong brand...

It's some currency conversion thing with PSN points cards or something, making them a good value for Europeans somehow (or maybe it was even just Ukers). I dont even remember any details. It just applied to the points cards.

PSN doesn't have points, it's always used currency but currency exchange rates vary meaning it can be advantageous today and disadvantageous tomorrow so if you want to make the most of it you need to have accounts with credit for multiple currencies and spread purchases across them which seems a bit inconvenient unless your live in Zimbabwe where everything costs a billion dollars. :yep2:

360 sales were much better than Xbox One sales in continental Europe...
Yeah it's pretty clear that XB1 has not performed as well as the X360 outside of the US, or even the (while sales are still strong) UK. Yet Rangers somehow thinks that the RotW still makes up the other half of XB1 sales, and continues to disregard estimates done by analysts and game makers.

and I was under the impression that X360 didn't even have a 2:1 split.
No from memory it was xb360 NPD ~53% sales relative to the shipments, of course with xbox one the figure will be a higher for one thing its done far worse than the 360 in japan plus unlike the 360 for months it was only available in a few countries due to Kinect, I think the true figure is USA is ~66% of the xbox one sales

We know the pro is sold out (or hard to find) in most continental europe and asia, this basically for the whole past 2 months. We get recently a shipment in France but it didn't last long (next shipment february 17th). Now some interesting info about US Bestbuy (abdiel on GAF):

A note on the Pro - I mentioned that I would be curious to see how it did in this period, post-holiday, and with tax season on the rise. Well, two of the stores in my district are totally sold out of them, and the other stores are all getting low on inventory, and the last shipment didn't give us an immediate replenishment.

Yes but not in europe or Asia... And he never said it is totally out of stock it depends of retailer too. But I think the sales are okay... See your tracker...

It is not available like the PS4 Slim where you can go in any retailer and find it. If you have coupon for example, you could want to buy it in a retailer and not the other...

When I said you can get a Pro in the US if you want one, I meant just that and nothing more. I wasn't trying to make any larger point about Po sales. I think your last statement is a little shaky, though. If you really wanted a Pro I'm not sure you'd quibble over which retailer you had to buy it from. At least, that's not a common behavior I've seen from US consumers. Especially with "ship to store" options.

Btw MS doesn't give any sales numbers. But they have 50 million paying live customers. Let's say about 10 million are still on Xbox 360. That leaves about 40 million for Xbox One. Xbox One S came it a few months of free Xbox Live, so those people are not paying (yet). 5 Million Xbox One S consoles seem fair.
That would put the total number around 45Million Xbox One family owners. PS4 should be at 50 Million. I think MS did a pretty good job actually, they almost closed the gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back