Final Fantasy XV [XO, PS4, PC]

Well, If I have no idea when a God can be summoned then i canot really depend on a summon, I cannot even plan when I will use it to win a fight and if that is so, I don't see the point of Summons ! For example, i was just trying to clear the level 45 dungeon which is right near Hammerhead. That bald God guy with the spear came to help in a petty fight but I couldn't beat the Nagarani boss cos she was level 51 or something and that is when I wanted summon a god but Nope, i have no control over it ! What nonsense !

Yup. Summons are like a "End-this-fight-quickly" button that appears completely randomly.
I had summons appear to me after 20 second fights that I was about to win and everyone had full health, and I had >10min fights where I had to spend dozens of potions and phoenix downs and no one came to my aid. And these last were just your run-of-the-mill fights, not the story-driven boss fights.
And not using a Summon that becomes ready in a fight doesn't seem to make it any more probable to come up in the following fights.

The mechanics of summons in FFXV are pretty useless.

Well, If I have no idea when a God can be summoned then i canot really depend on a summon, I cannot even plan when I will use it to win a fight and if that is so, I don't see the point of Summons ! For example, i was just trying to clear the level 45 dungeon which is right near Hammerhead. That bald God guy with the spear came to help in a petty fight but I couldn't beat the Nagarani boss cos she was level 51 or something and that is when I wanted summon a god but Nope, i have no control over it ! What nonsense !

Without that the battle system is just what it was right after a few hours into the game, Press O to attack and use techniques when the bar fills. If there are no additions to a battle system over the course of the game, then I don't see that RPG aspect where I am supposed to learn newer and better ways of fighting over time. I haven't played other FFs except FF XIII but there the boss fights were nerve wrecking, what with balancing the healing, the stagger and the right time to summon. Also, the potions one could take before battle to get advantages. WIsh they had that kindof progression to battles by the end of the game or post the end. TH eNagarani just keeps turning me into a frog, for Godssake, and thats all that battle is -_-

Right now, I feel I do not have anything to gain if I keep playing it more. I mean, I will have fun but as Noctis, I won't get anything new. Even the King's weapons are pretty much lackluster and useless. I equip them in one slot only to get the boost to stats they provide but never use them in battle.

yeah, you cant depend on the summons. they are just a nice bonus.

the battle skill progressions are in the sphere grid (whatever the name is in FFXV) and in your own ability to play it.

for example, for nagarani, you see that the green fog = frog. So you do the battle while escaping that. How? by exploiting warp point, invincible animation, etc.

btw nagarani was easy battle for me due to i spam magics (9999 damages x4 each cast) and warp attack lol.

new patch 1.04 is out, sadly no framepacing fix and no option for unlocked framerate on PS4 Pro ...

Festival is in Altissia, so I guess I have to end chapter 8 and set sail

new patch 1.04 is out, sadly no framepacing fix and no option for unlocked framerate on PS4 Pro ...

Festival is in Altissia, so I guess I have to end chapter 8 and set sail
You need to advance the story up to chapter 9 until the festival becomes available?!?? I'm only at the beginning of chapter 3, don't think I'll have the time to get that far until the event ends :(

You need to advance the story up to chapter 9 until the festival becomes available?!?? I'm only at the beginning of chapter 3, don't think I'll have the time to get that far until the event ends :(

You just scared me with your concern, so I went to check and the festival is on until February 20th.

You don't have to, the festival is under a special option in the main menu

So, the festival is only available through a special option? ... that's a bit lame. It's nice to have a shortcut in the menu for those who are not in Altissia yet, but for everyone else it feels a bit disconnecting (imo). They should place the carnival in completely different place if it doesn't fit into "in game" Altissia.

So, the festival is only available through a special option? ... that's a bit lame. It's nice to have a shortcut in the menu for those who are not in Altissia yet, but for everyone else it feels a bit disconnecting (imo). They should place the carnival in completely different place if it doesn't fit into "in game" Altissia.

It's supposed to be a dream and it's only Noctis. It's kinda like the Platinum demo in that sense.

Being only at chapter 3 myself, I'm kind of bummed that the Altissia area is now sort of spoiled for me. Was looking forward to finally react that in the main game, not so much any more, unless the carnival is just a small part of the city.

Being only at chapter 3 myself, I'm kind of bummed that the Altissia area is now sort of spoiled for me. Was looking forward to finally react that in the main game, not so much any more, unless the carnival is just a small part of the city.

I can probably spoil you a little bit by telling you there's not a whole lot you'll do in Altissia anyways.

I understand that, that's why I set sail to Altissia before attending the carnival... yep, not much to spoil, but than again if the carnival is supposed to be a dream, it should be somewhere else even more (if there is no other reason to be in Altissia).

The arena area in the chocobo festival has even frame pacing on base ps4. Such a shame that they haven't fixed that yet.

60 fps Ps4 Pro patch at the end of February according to this: http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/atr-translation-thread.6906/

I'd be happy with 30 FPS on the 1800p->4K mode, just get that framepacing right.

All this talk about the improvements in the 2nd part of the game, plus performance enhancements etc. is making me want to start a New Game+. I'd skip all sidequests and hunts and just redo the main story bits to see what they did in the second part of the game. I never play single-player campaigns a second time, so this just goes to show how much I liked the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
I completed the game at level 52 yay. Then I've started doing some crazy upleveling in chapter 15. E.g. experience farming by doing lots of hunts without sleeping, collected about 340k experience points per character (Noctis was at 368k), then went to a hotel in Altissia for a 3x experience multiplier and totaled 1+ million experience gained per character in one go. Went from level 52 to 79 overnight! :D

PS: The 7k dish at the Lestalum food/hunt/guy/diner in the market place helped for a 100% exp boost (without having to use a camp for the boost).

As for the game; This article sums up perfectly my love and hate affair of FFXV:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...ess-of-beating-final-fantasy-xv/#3c8250b82445

(there are spoilers in the article, so don't read it before you hit chapter 15)

PS: The 7k dish at the Lestalum food/hunt/guy/diner in the market place helped for a 100% exp boost (without having to use a camp for the boost).
I think Maagho's lasagna in Altissa is the only dish giving 100% exp boost.

You can also find and equip Moogle Charms that give you 20% more exp each.

In the process of reaching lvl99, right now I have Noctis with 3 moogle charms and I'm constantly eating Maagho's Lasagna, for 160% EXP boost. And then I go to sleep to Altissa for the 3x counter, about once every 5-6 days doing hunts and raiding dungeons.

I'm a XP whore and I'm proud of it.

Back