Resident Evil 7

What, still no thread for this game ? No love ?

It's an amazing experience in VR, that the real deal, a game changer. I'm only 1h30 into the game but that was really intense, last time i felt that unconfortable was with silent hill 1 on ps1.

warning spoiler videos

i'm not sure if I'm as brave as you, it honestly looks scary AF. but unfortunately no PSVR to play this on. If this release an oculus VR variant I will buy in!

yeah it's scary but that is why it's so good !
but videos will never do the game justice, you have to see it through the VR headset to realise how immersive it is.
capcom will certainly release VR update for the PC version.

I've been watching Maximillian Dood play it on stream with VR. He has to take frequent breaks to rest his eyes as it causes some strain.

He also says the VR nausea is not as bad as other games he has played.
I need to get through RE 4, 5 and 6 first before I get to this one.

PSVR impressions are mostly SUPER POSITIVE. I think my mind is 100% set, I will play through it only when I get PSVR headset when my budget allows it.

I easily get motion sickness in first person shooters especially Half Life 2, CounterStrike and last time when I tried Driveclub VR I vomited like a mofo so VR is most likely not for me. But in TV mode this game was fantastic, creepy as hell and a huge welciming change from all the other Res. Have to say with HDR the game looked almost real in many hallways and corridors which are filled with lights, puddles and highlights. Z9D does tremendous justice to this game.

Too bad a system seller cannot sell a system that's still largely unavailable. I hope at least the game's gonna do really well. Capcom deserves it. The-great-games-selling-like-shit spell needs to stop.

Last edited:
It's pretty amazing in VR. The demo already was a bit too scary for me, I really had to man up to play the full game. In the beginning I spent ages in front of the cabin, too afraid to get in.
It's too easy to forget you're just in a game, so when things start getting too much for me to handle, I start to sing some happy song in my mind and keep reminding "this is just a geme" :)

Is there a shortage of supply of PSVR units that I'm not aware of?

Yes, Sony give some excuses for PS4 and PSVR shortages a few days before during the Taipei game show in Asia. After it depends in Switzerland it is easy to find the PSVR but impossible to find the PS4 PRo... Great game

I really want to play this game, but I'm man enough to admit that I'm not sure I can handle it, especially in VR.

I'm glad that Resident Evil is back in a big way.

I really want to play this game, but I'm man enough to admit that I'm not sure I can handle it, especially in VR.

I'm glad that Resident Evil is back in a big way.

You must try it, it's another level of gaming, even if graphics take a hit, it's an absolute superior experience compared to playing on the TV, it's amazing.

It's a play anywhere title if you get it for X1/PC, so maybe a good get to get if I ever am able to tolerate VR or if the tech improves enough to make it tolerable.

If you're prone to VR motion sickness, I think it will be ages until affordable technology that makes it easier for you becomes available. You"ll be playing RE14 with whatever VR goggles then :)

Back