Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

I don't like trailers, they give too much information regarding the plot, just sell me the setting and the core gameplay, but don't spoil me the story !
I want just enough to be sold and to discover everything else !
(Not too easy to find a good middle ground I'd guess.)

vlcsnap-2017-01-11-145tub9.png

It looks like a concept art

If this is in real time, then it's one of the most impressive cutscene i have ever seen.

Also, i really like the darker look of the robot. It reminds me Matrix.

97a4a5ed27d3f8a3e4202b0c30a50dc9.jpg

If this is in real time, then it's one of the most impressive cutscene i have ever seen.

Also, i really like the darker look of the robot. It reminds me Matrix.

97a4a5ed27d3f8a3e4202b0c30a50dc9.jpg

Is is realtime. Too much default on the trailer to not be realtime. And it is probably on OG PS4 not PS4 Pro... The only PS4 Pro trailer we had, the IQ was much better, the other improvement is better shadows...

EDIT: No 4k option in youtube for all trailer except the one played during the PS4 Pro meeting presentation...

Last edited:
Game is focused on robot violence, and judging by the trailers there is almost no blood and all human opponents have masks on their faces. I don't think that Aloy can even hurt any of the friendly tribes members.

Do you want to say that game in which player can mow down innocent NPCs with guns and actively murder police, all with ultra realistic graphic and art style is not worthy of 18+ limit? WD2 is very very violent. [plus it has topless women and fully naked men].

Let's see. In any case, my first reaction about the age rating was negative.
The recent trailer was pretty good. March will be a great month for me. ^^

I find Watchdogs 2s degree of violence moderate because it is a bit twisted and relatively little blood can be seen. But I also played it almost without firearms. My cousin is already allowed to play Alien: Isolation (16) but no Watchdogs 2 (18). This is ridiculous.

Maybe the german version will be without blood and the other one with blood... This is why it will be PEGI 16 in France or Switzerland and fine for 12 years old in Germany...

It seems to be uncut.

It is strange it is under 16 in France...

Good to know. Nevertheless, I remain my opinion that it is a given opportunity. I imagine the post apocalypse as a dangerous place. Other games like TLOU have done it very well.
Maybe it will be a more rough than expected.

"Internally I'm told the game is regarded as the best thing coming out of anything first party by senior PS leadership. They're extremely high on it."

If it's half as good as that we could have a new system seller on our hands

I just hope they can pull it off. We need a good action RPG....and the looks, the music etc all have that magic. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the gameplay is exhilarating ! GG makes good gameplay, but this is definitely new territory to them.

This looks amazing. But i'm not watching that 33 minutes video, want to keep it as fresh as possible :) Skin shading and lighting looks so nice in the first video :yep2:

This looks amazing. But i'm not watching that 33 minutes video, want to keep it as fresh as possible :) Skin shading and lighting looks so nice in the first video :yep2:
Yeah I'm utterly mesmerized by the lighting and vegetation from the Pro vid. You're gonna have a hard time resisting today as tons more previews will be rolling in in an hour:), also the night time scene in the 2nd vid looks fabulous:cool:.

Back