Windows 10 [2014 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably called display power scaling technology, and it comes back whenever drivers are updated.

This or that before you or something else. I still can't remember the name.

The official fix from Microsoft knowledge base is this if I remember correctly :

Unplug the power, then plug it back when your computer is powered on.

which will be totally useless if you have the curtains shut
please, read it carefully, you can set it manually. It's the same as F.lux
it's already rip for me, a nice program for sure, but my laptop includes Acer Quick Access, which among other things, reduces blue light. Too bad I purchased Iris for 10€ when there was f.lux and Iris works, but it's too convoluted for my taste

What I don't understand is something about the option "Long Hour Mode" in my Acer Quick Access Bluelight Shield option. There is Low Reduction, Medium Reduction, High Reduction and Long Hour Mode. I always choose Long Hour Mode 'cos it's the last mode, but does it have any secret meaning in English?

new Game Mode:

gamemode.jpg

Maybe its just connecting ?
If you boot with the controller plugged in it may be ok ?
or maybe its just a problem with xbox controllers maybe a driver conflict because there's no mention of problems with usb joysticks or wheels or non xbox controllers

What. The. Fuck. All my PC's have controllers on them.
Hehe, I had a similar response, not because I have any controllers but instead just trying to imagine how a controller insert makes the display driver go wacky. Microsoft never ceases to amaze. :)

It is just an insider preview build, so unless you're subscribed to the preview builds, this will not affect you.

Because the new version has a game mode. It's not actually that weird.

Any idea where I can check how many digital upgrade licenses I have on my Microsoft account?

I think I have upgraded my laptop to 10 for free and then downgrade back to 8.

Now I want to fresh install it with 10 but not sure it's that laptop or another laptop that got the 10 license.

He's infectious maybe it's dutch and not german
@ lupa
I thought once you did the free win 10 upgrade then you can install win10 as many times as you want as long as its the same machine
afaik I dont even have a microsoft account

Last edited:
Because the new version has a game mode. It's not actually that weird.
I guess we do not share opinions. When an input device crashes a display driver, I find it questionable. Yes, I get it, one common denominator for those two is a game. Another common denominator is just freakin' using your keyboard and mouse to interact with the desktop though.

I find it weird, even if you do not :)

Still, it could have an option to automatically enable game mode when you plug in a joypad, and game mode is a very low driver level thing from what I read.

Now I want to fresh install it with 10 but not sure it's that laptop or another laptop that got the 10 license.
I've always had success with the licensing updater via the phone option. They just give you a bunch of chars to two into the phone, then give you a new license key and it will reassign whatever license there is to that hardware.

Why Microsoft forced Windows 10 upgrades last Friday
Over the weekend, I heard many complaints from people who were unceremoniously upgraded from Windows 10 Fall Update (version 1511) to the Anniversary Update (version 1607). The upgrade took place even though they had explicitly instructed Windows 10 to defer upgrades.

Win10's proclivity for unexpected updates and restarts has long been a source of frustration, and the settings that surround upgrades and updates confuse many – including me. But there's a reason why so many were upgraded over the weekend while trying hard to stem the tide.
The upshot is that most folks who were holding off 1607 by either using wushowhide or by checking the "Defer Upgrades" box in version 1511 had their choice overridden over the weekend. That came as quite a shock, with many people complaining about how their machines went down for the count.

The discussion continues on Askwoody.com.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/31...t-forced-windows-10-upgrades-last-friday.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back