Nintendo Switch Price Speculation (Last Week Poll)

Nintendo Switch SKU Prices? [Pick 2 for Basic and Deluxe SKUs]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So my price guesstimate of $276-$300 for the base bundle was off by the price of the Normal Controller, which only Nintendo calls Pro Controller and charges $70! I can't believe it's freaking $70!

The price for games seems to be around $60! So for my Deluxe SKU I was off by $55.

I knew I shouldn't have low-balled my price guesstimates, but I was honestly thinking Nintendo would be able to have not totally insane prices.

I predicted 350 barebones and 399 with pro controller, as i live in euroland i was off just 20€ and nailed the pro bundle XD

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4 mediante Tapatalk

Yes up to 256GB cards at least according to live stream.
I have a spare 128Gb SDXC so I hope it uses those. I did remarkably little research for the console I pre-ordered at 7am this morning! :sly:

They will sell whatever launch production they have, maybe shortages for a couple of months.

And then?

Would be good to see a price cut within the first year like the 3DS.

They will sell whatever launch production they have, maybe shortages for a couple of months.
I wonder how quickly it sold out. Amazon UK pre-ordered opened at 7am and I pre-ordered mine at around ten past seven and got an email from Amazon confirming day 1 delivery. When I checked again at around midday Amazon UK were reporting their launch allocation was gone.

selling out initially is not surprising, early adopters and fans are ready to jump in no matter what its priced at. Personally I still think it will bomb after 2 months and another quick post launch price drop like the 3DS will happen if they do decide to stick to 300 USD as a base price. Still 50 dollar too high imo.

@wco81, vita

I don't doubt it'll sell out.

Just wondering relative to the competition and considering the whole package, which of the two was priced too high? Vita was priced too high as it didn't sell well enough and they had to cut the price fairly soon after launch IIRC.

I wonder about this attempt to make it console and portable. It adds to the price and it's not competitive as a home console so maybe they should have gone portable only, with built-in instead of detachable controllers.

When the Vita came out, it probably had one of the fastest SOC among mobile devices at the time.

Is that true of the Switch?

This is entirely overpriced by at least $110 if they want to sell to larger than the WiiU base. They need to include Zelda and drop the price down to $250. Or better yet include Zelda and sell it without the dock for $175-$200.

Vita memory card priced very high but not the system, it was the 3ds that was priced ridiculously high and received a huge price cut and ambassador programs with free games like 3-4 months in. It was the right move by iwata, I dunno what this new ceo is thinking, they are basically repeating the same mistake as they did with 3ds, except this time its' gimmick is even harder to sell than glasses free 3d.

When Vita came out it was using the same downclocked soc as ipad 3 that was with actual vram and very nice oled screen at the time. The whole design still feel very nice even until this day. Misstep came from high priced memory sticks and the whole market has shifted to mobile phones which is also what nintendo have to deal with now. It doesn't matter if nintendo call it a console or handheld, average joe see its portability and size will immediately compare it to a tablet. 300USD or higher in some countries will immediately turn people off since it lacks what a tablet can do; not being able to access the android nor ios eco system.

Which is a better value, the PS Vita at launch or the Nintendo Switch at launch?

The launch lineup for the Switch is a port of a delayed game that will be available to another platform for a much lower price, and 12Switch, which looks like an agglomerate of free Android accelerometer-based mini-games.. and sells for $60.

The Vita had an exclusive Uncharted, Wipeout, ~8 more first party games and 20-something third parties. And sold for $250.
You tell me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The launch lineup for the Switch is a port of a delayed game that will be available to another platform for a much lower price, and 12Switch, which looks like an agglomerate of free Android accelerometer-based mini-games.. and sells for $60.

The Vita had an exclusive Uncharted, Wipeout, ~8 more first party games and 20-something third parties. And sold for $250.
You tell me.

Well the Vita didn't sell well enough so the market decided it wasn't a great value. First price cut came fairly early I believe.

Let's see if Nintendo fares better.

Which is a better value, the PS Vita at launch or the Nintendo Switch at launch?

For launch lineups and pricing, I think Vita's will end up better. Can't say for certain as we don't know if the launch lineup for Switch will have some more titles added to it, but right now that's how it looks.

For long term value, I'm fairly certain that the Switch will blow it out of the water. Then again the Vita has set a relatively low bar for that. :p

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back