Not PC, last minute US vacation

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Copy/pasta from a FB post of mine, I'm looking for anything to help me find a place for my wife to go in under a week!

Anyone got any ideas/suggestions for a warm get-away in Florida for the 12-15th of this month? Looking desperately for something cheap and warm for my wife and her friend who don't have passports, my wife has a short vacation and if I can't find her somewhere to go she'll stay home and "help me" figure out ways to be more productive!

Please, HELP!!!

Seriously, if anyone has any ideas/suggestions please do kick them up. All jokes aside, Chrissy desperately deserves and needs the break and I'd like to help her out. They were going to fly down and stay at her mom's originally, but stuff happened and staying there isn't going to happen now and unless we can figure out somewhere decent/cheap down that way she's gonna be sad...and I really hate it when she's sad.

Thanks in advance, sorry for the bother.

So.... Send her to Disney . Amazing food , entertainment , spas , pools and it will be in the 70s . You can book her at a value resort for like $100-$120 a day on Disney property . They will pick her up on a magic express bus also so no other costs . If she likes wine and food she can head to epcot and eat and drink her way around it.

My god how many holidays does your wife need ?
More? She gets 5 weeks paid vaca a year, but has to schedule them all by the first of the year so it's sort of hit or miss for what's happening in our lives at that moment.

If anyone deserves a holiday its you
I can't disagree with that, but I can't afford one right now. My daughter is still going through some issues and she needs me around, it's why I'm not going on vaca with my wife. My wife would love for me to come with, but I just don't have anyone I can trust to care for Maddy right now and she's my priority. We actually got in to an argument over this on her last vacation, she couldn't understand why I just couldn't leave for a few days. I finally just put it rather bluntly to her, would she rather I inconvenience her by not going on vacation or would she rather have Maddy ending up in a psych ward again for observation? Mads is getting better, but she still has some bad times and I'm the best thing for those times so I'm going to be here for her.

Oh, also I think my wife thinks since I don't get paid for any of the work I do that I'm always sort of on vacation. <sigh>

Eastmen, I'll mention it to her. :)

Cool beans bro. Its a lot of fun I go 3-4 times a year and my gf who used to make fun of me for it now loves it.

Yeah, mebbe not so much. I must have missed something because now she's going by herself to visit her mother in Naples again. It's like $250 for roundtrip tickets and a car from the 12-15th, and that's pretty much it. I can't argue about it from a value stand point, but I was under the impression that she didn't want to go to her mother's because her mother didn't want her friend to come since she didn't know her. Also for the whole bit she wrote about me after I wrote her a thank you note for her christmas gift to our family, something like "He is a lazy ass! He doesn't support his family! I am offended by his email!!!". Nope wait, that's an exact quote. <sigh>

I'm not exactly fond of my mother-in-law, not sure I like my wife being around her. :(

Addendum: I've now been informed that she is not going anywhere on her upcoming vacation days. She thinks it's a waste to spend $250 for only 3 days there when she can just wait until her vacation next month from the 5th-12th to go and be there a whole week for right around the same price?

Just between you, me, and the forum here...fml. :(

Now that isn't fair, don't be sexist. It's just my wife trying to drive me slowly insane on purpose, you shouldn't just stereotype her behavior just based on her sex. Blame it more on her personal hobby of mentally torturing me than her gender please, not all women are like her. I had to look long and hard to find one this worthy.

I haven't found any like her, and I have met many womans. Heck, my mom and sisters are womans! (Actually probably had 3 or 4 serious relationships before I met Chris :p )

If she's never been to Disney World and she enjoys the stuff, it's definitely worth going. I went there with my wife and our little girl last summer, it was a blast even thought the young one wasn't old enough to even understand what was happening around her.

Plus if you're a Florida resident, the prices are ridiculously low(er) than it is for outsiders. We paid close to $1000 for 5 days in August.. sheesh..

Back