Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

Is there a comparison between regular and Pro yet ?
That game is very appealing, I don't have any living room desktop PC to run it, but there are plenty of those at the office ^^

I have received the message negative that Horizon: Zero Dawn is classified for 12 year olds in Germany. Here even games like Watch Dogs 2 are classified for 18 year old people. Why is the game so child-friendly? Since the 1990 I've never played an action game for 12 year olds. This is all about life in a post-apocalypse. Video games for 12 year old people are much milder than movies for 12 year olds. For me, this is a missed opportunity.

Last edited:
I have received the message negative that Horizon: Zero Dawn is classified for 12 year olds in Germany. Here even games like Watch Dogs 2 a classified for 18 year old people. Why is the game so child-friendly? This is all about life in a post-apocalypse. Video games for 12 year old people are much milder than movies for 12 year olds. For me, this is a missed opportunity.
You're fighting mechanical constructs I guess. No blood or violence towards human-like figures?

edit: nvm, definitely looks like eventual fighting other humans but probably won't be very violent.

Eyes are absolutely fantastic

1dmu2p.png

Edit: Not surprising seeing how Decima is an evolution of the engine that powered this

Last edited:
You're fighting mechanical constructs I guess. No blood or violence towards human-like figures?

edit: nvm, definitely looks like eventual fighting other humans but probably won't be very violent.

Even without blood most action games are classified for 16 year old people. Like Star Wars Battlefront. The German system is actually very strict. Perhaps you can not fight against people in Horizon Zero Dawn. Maybe there are not even people. 12 is definitely very strange.

But yeah, in Germany we like to kill robots (starts at 5:27)

Last edited:
Wow the game looks even better in the last trailer... the characters looks better than in many linear games. It's really impressive.

Awesome trailer, It's crazy to think the detail in this open world game effortlessly exceeds most if not all linear games up to this point, probably even UC4. If Death Stranding is a linear game then I can actually see the final game reaching the trailer's visual quality at this rate:).
The Pro version should blow minds at 4k and HDR, my Z9D was literally bought for this baby.

Awesome trailer, It's crazy to think the detail in this open world game effortlessly exceeds most if not all linear games up to this point, probably even UC4. If Death Stranding is a linear game then I can actually see the final game reaching the trailer's visual quality at this rate:).
The Pro version should blow minds at 4k and HDR, my Z9D was literally bought for this baby.

Death Stranding is an open world.

I have received the message negative that Horizon: Zero Dawn is classified for 12 year olds in Germany. Here even games like Watch Dogs 2 are classified for 18 year old people. Why is the game so child-friendly? Since the 1990 I've never played an action game for 12 year olds. This is all about life in a post-apocalypse. Video games for 12 year old people are much milder than movies for 12 year olds. For me, this is a missed opportunity.

It is strange it is under 16 in France...

I have received the message negative that Horizon: Zero Dawn is classified for 12 year olds in Germany. ... Since the 1990 I've never played an action game for 12 year olds. This is all about life in a post-apocalypse. Video games for 12 year old people are much milder than movies for 12 year olds. For me, this is a missed opportunity.

Game is focused on robot violence, and judging by the trailers there is almost no blood and all human opponents have masks on their faces. I don't think that Aloy can even hurt any of the friendly tribes members.

Here even games like Watch Dogs 2 are classified for 18 year old people. Why is the game so child-friendly?
Do you want to say that game in which player can mow down innocent NPCs with guns and actively murder police, all with ultra realistic graphic and art style is not worthy of 18+ limit? WD2 is very very violent. [plus it has topless women and fully naked men].

Game is focused on robot violence, and judging by the trailers there is almost no blood and all human opponents have masks on their faces. I don't think that Aloy can even hurt any of the friendly tribes members.

Do you want to say that game in which player can mow down innocent NPCs with guns and actively murder police, all with ultra realistic graphic and art style is not worthy of 18+ limit? WD2 is very very violent. [plus it has topless women and fully naked men].

In one trailer Aloy fight masked human...

Yes, she speared in the back the faceless heavily-armored enemy zealot who works for a fantasy-based PMC hell-bent on conquering post-post apocalyptic world by utilizing nanomachines that can corrupt the mechas...

...yeah I think rating boards will be fine with that.:yes:

Maybe the german version will be without blood and the other one with blood... This is why it will be PEGI 16 in France or Switzerland and fine for 12 years old in Germany...

Back