Nintendo Switch Price Speculation (Last Week Poll)

Nintendo Switch SKU Prices? [Pick 2 for Basic and Deluxe SKUs]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Just a little bit of fun speculating on the price of the Nintendo Switch up until the reveal launch on Friday the 13th [ Thursday, Jan. 12, at 11 p.m. EST. ]

What's your latest guesses as to the price of the Nintendo Switch? To cover most bases, I set up price ranges allowing for 2 picks, assuming there is a Base SKU and a Deluxe SKU.

If you want to include caveats, such as what you consider to be a Deluxe SKU, such as including all items shown in the reveal trailer, feel free to post what they are.

EDIT for SKU Pricing Details:

$300 - Nintendo Switch SKU #1: 2 Gray JoyCons
$300 - Nintendo Switch SKU #2: 1 Neon Red and 1 Neon Blue JoyCon

The packages will include a console, two one-handed Joy-Con controllers, two wrist straps (which include expanded shoulder buttons), a grip that joins the two Joy-Con controllers into one dual-stick configuration (separate from the tablet screen), the TV connection dock, an HDMI cable, and an AC adapter.

A "charging grip" accessory, which combines the Joy-Cons into a larger controller while keeping them charged, will retail for $30.

Additional TV dock sets, with included HDMI cable and charging adapter, will sell for $90.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/01/nintendo-switch-launches-worldwide-march-3-299-in-us/

EDIT for Accessory Pricing Details:
eastman's post: https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1961066/

32 gigs comes internal, os is installed so you loose some space . 720p 6.2 inch screen. Zelda can be played for 3 1/2 hours according to Nintendo's site

Pro controller $69.99 USD

A pair of joy cons $79.99

Joy con separate $49.99

Charging Grip $29.99

Dock with HDMI and AC $89.99

Joy con wheel (set of 2 ) 14.99

Going by Nintendo's history in pricing its machines for profitability from day 1. Assuming they're using a derivative of Tegra X1 they should be able to get the base SKU down to $199. I'm going with $299 for the deluxe SKU because in all honesty anything more than that and I don't see myself purchasing it. On top of that I would hope Nintendo has learned to be a little price conscious after the fiasco that was Wii U.

$200 base with 16 gigs of internal storage , the joy cons and the dock.

$250 for 32gig editon with joy cons , dock and the thing the joy cons attach too along with splatoon

Though call. My initial thought was 300 - 350 depending on the SKU but if the gimped specs are true 250 for the base model (least amount of memory Nintendo can get away with for a functioning device + joycon grip) and 300 for the premium model (as little additional memory as they can get away with and a game. I'm guessing they won't include the pro controller).

Then again it's Nintendo so I'm gonna vote 300 - 350 simply because I don't think Nintendo will learn.

Are investors privy to info the public isn't? Didn't some issue concern about potential price of NX?

* gonna keep on calling it NX - easier to type.

Are investors privy to info the public isn't? Didn't some issue concern about potential price of NX?
The board will know, individual investors will not - unless they happen to be board members, obviously.

Going by Nintendo's history in pricing its machines for profitability from day 1. Assuming they're using a derivative of Tegra X1 they should be able to get the base SKU down to $199. I'm going with $299 for the deluxe SKU because in all honesty anything more than that and I don't see myself purchasing it. On top of that I would hope Nintendo has learned to be a little price conscious after the fiasco that was Wii U.
I read something about 199 pounds today, which surprises me, because the NVidia Shield, which uses a different and inferior Tegra processor is much more expensive than that.

My guess and caveats:

$41 - $50 for what everyone calls a normal controller but Nintendo calls a Pro Controller

$276 - $300 bottom SKU bundle with Dock, JoyCon, JoyCon Grip, and what everyone calls a Normal Controller but Nintendo calls Pro Controller, and demo software.

$351 - $376 top SKU bundle with Dock, JoyCon, JoyCon Grip, and what everyone calls a Normal Controller but Nintendo calls Pro Controller, and a big Nintendo Game.

$299 base model includes dock & Joycon with no game(might have demos). $349 deluxe model includes Joycon Grip & game. No SKU will include the Pro controller.

Tommy McClain

$249 for just the handheld unit, $149 for the optional home console dock.
Surely, they're not going to sell only a SKU that includes both the handheld and dock.
Oh, and of course a charge dock in case you don't need that dock that's connected to TV, or don't want to lug that around when travelling. That'll be $80, thank you!

A bundle with the handheld unit and TV-dock will be $349.

Last edited:
$249 for just the handheld unit, $149 for the optional home console dock.
Surely, they're not going to sell only a SKU that includes both the handheld and dock.

Trying to sell a hybrid console that doesn't work as a hybrid out-of-the-box? $400 for it to work in a home console mode that has piss-poor performance compared to the 2013 ecosystems that have an install base of several tens of millions?

That would be insta-death IMO.

They need to sell just the handhelds too, in a family there is no need for a dock for each unit, one dock is often enough.
Ok, maybe the home dock could be $99 and charge dock $49, but the handheld I think will be $249. The "Grip" accessory won't be bundled in any of the basic sku's and will cost $49 extra.
So, a bundle with handheld unit, home dock and a Grip accessory would be $349
The idea of the Switch is that the base unit (handheld) is relatively affordable.
Besides, the 3DS sold not that long ago for something like $249, and that is underpowered if anything compared to full grown consoles sold at the same time.
Based on power alone, the 3DS should sell for something like $50!

The home doesn't actually do anything, does it? Little more than a plastic stand with a charge port and HDMI connector probably on some proprietary connector on the handheld. So it could be very cheap. Also doubles as a storage place so I can see the reason to include it in every box even if multiple per household seems redundant. Handheld only would be best for sales, I agree.

Base would be Switch + Dock-Charger + Pad-holder (whatever you call the thing that gets the two side pads together as one), basically everything we saw in the reveal video, except the additional pad.
Not sure about HDMI cable, Wii U had one, usually Nintendo ships the device with a cable, but 3DS came w/o charger so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back