Gears of War 4 [XO, XPA]

http://news.xbox.com/2016/11/04/celebrating-10-years-of-gears/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

only 200 creds. Not bad I guess. Basically minimal work for them anyway considering he's in the game already. I want the OG carmines though, and what happened to D, E, and F. Carmines?

edit: Apparently Fredo Carmine was mentioned in Judgment. I know the building/sign, but forgot.

Kinda too bad Gary didn't get more screentime in the campaign. The other mainline games at least had a Carmine as part of the squad. In retrospect, I was hoping that Carmine in 4 would have been there when
Marcus goes missing, and the team comes upon a pod with Carmine in it still alive, giving the team hope, and then he gets re-podded shortly before they find Marcus. And also less humour from everyone on the team as a result. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Does the horde mode have matchmaking? Any kindof co op is useless to me without matchmaking thanx to my unpredictable times.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

In Horde mode you can search for a new public match on whatever difficulty level you want. That will throw you into a lobby where you can change your selected class and skill cards while the game map is loading in the background.

Or you can create a new private horde match and select what map level you want, but then you have to invite people to it.

Well this game fell victim to the "Destiny curse" and I stopped playing it. Hope to get back to it. But I asked my buddy if he had finished it and his reply was just "yeah, ending sucked" which isn't exactly motivating me.

I got those 360 codes a few weeks ago it seemed. Didn't realize I was entitled to them. Dont care as own all the original discs, but it's nice I suppose.

Having loads of fun playing Horde 3.0. Can be a bit of a PITA finding a game where a) people stick around and b) they know enough to let classes do what they're best at, but it's still good fun nevertheless.

I do wonder whether it could do with some stream-lining. Can be a bit of a time-sink when you're working up the levels. Maybe they could introduce a quicker version with less levels. Or allow people to drop-in to existing games to fill in the gaps when people leave.

Having loads of fun playing Horde 3.0. Can be a bit of a PITA finding a game where a) people stick around and b) they know enough to let classes do what they're best at, but it's still good fun nevertheless.

I do wonder whether it could do with some stream-lining. Can be a bit of a time-sink when you're working up the levels. Maybe they could introduce a quicker version with less levels. Or allow people to drop-in to existing games to fill in the gaps when people leave.

Yeah, I had been thinking that part of the problem you mentioned in (B) could be solved by having Horde 2.0 style building tbh. I'm finding I just don't like thinking too hard about strategy when I hop online for horde, which I typically just played to kick back and sleep halfway through the game relax. I guess it'd be too much work now to go and insert the standard map structures in all existing maps. :| Basically, easy to figure out, don't have veterans yelling/complaining/bitching about new players - everyone can have fun. Not saying it should replace 3.0, but it'd be a nice casual version, so to speak.

I'd really love a shortened version of it too. Fifty waves was always too ridiculous, and it's gotta have even lower percent completion than campaigns. Folks are pretty much quitting at around Wave 20 I think just because of those bonus cards?

Also, too bad they don't have a horde map of Anvil Gate. That was one of the funnest bits in Gears 3 campaign, and it automagically lends itself to Horde (and funnily, seems very much the inspiration for Overrun/Survival in Judgment).

Well this game fell victim to the "Destiny curse" and I stopped playing it. Hope to get back to it. But I asked my buddy if he had finished it and his reply was just "yeah, ending sucked" which isn't exactly motivating me.

I got those 360 codes a few weeks ago it seemed. Didn't realize I was entitled to them. Dont care as own all the original discs, but it's nice I suppose.

I had to force myself o power through the end. The last two hours dragged on.

I'd really love a shortened version of it too. Fifty waves was always too ridiculous, and it's gotta have even lower percent completion than campaigns. Folks are pretty much quitting at around Wave 20 I think just because of those bonus cards?

Had to google that, as I'm still pretty much a newbie at all this. :) So there's a bounty card (which I've generally ignored so far) for completing waves 1-20? That'd certainly explain some of it. Yesterday everyone buggered off afer wave 20 to leave the two of us to battle on gamely for another 6-7 waves.

Maybe they need a card for free elite pack or whatever after completing wave 50. :p But honestly, it's a few hours committment.

...and washroom breaks?

Gears needs a PvE mode similar to Firefight. Horde is good fun, but it takes ~3 hrs for a full run and is really tough to set up a group that can dedicate that amount of time altogether.

It'll be interesting to get about 8-10 players playing on the same team trying to take out the Horde/Swarm that progressively gets harder over say 5-7 rounds. Like Firefight, you could get access to better weapons as you progress based on your performance at the end of each round.

Urgggh. It's getting increasingly difficult to find a public game of horde where people understand that for every 100 points of power they pick up during a wave I, as a scout, will pick up 280. It just becomes a race. Sigh. I'm tempted to swap out my fabricator bonus for shotgun damage and become all me-me-me.

Still fun though, and I did manage to join a team that beat all 50 waves a week or so ago.

Urgggh. It's getting increasingly difficult to find a public game of horde where people understand that for every 100 points of power they pick up during a wave I, as a scout, will pick up 280. It just becomes a race. Sigh. I'm tempted to swap out my fabricator bonus for shotgun damage and become all me-me-me.
Yeaaah. There's no way to see the gear cards that people have, so it's extremely irritating all-around. An engineer might have major discounts on fortifications and other folks end up spending thousands more than they should have.

For scouts, they should add the ability for other players to mark the point locations or just reveal it in the tac com view too.

Just isn't fun with the 1-20 issue spending all that time and then poof.

Also, kinda hilarious they want people to buy horde packs, but then people who don't even have a lot of time to play still have to play a shit ton to level up the class so that they can use more than 1 card at a time. If you have to play a lot anyway, there's zero point to buying the packs. Utterly stupid.

They really need to make things a lot clearer to the typical player. I'm not opposed to it being an alert text indicating they are loosing money if they pickup power during a wave when there is a scout playing.

Though in the game lobby I wish you could view the skills people have equipped before the game starts.

I've lately been playing as a Sniper, up to level 7 now, so I have some good perks going like 75% Splash Damage for Headshots (level 2 Epic), 100% Headshot Damage (Level 5 Common), 30% Precision Rifle Damage (level 3 Rare). Some games the idiots do everything they can to stand in my way and block my shots, or always claim the ammo boxes for their low level soldier. They dont realize if I land 1 simple headshot I can kill the large Scion and the 3 guys standing around him too. In the one game where it was really bad, that style of play lead me to not revive any of the other 4 players and then finish out wave 9 solo with nothing but headshots on all mobs except for the 2 they managed to kill themselves before dieing. I then quit before wave 10 started.

Finally bought this during the Countdown sale. I've only played 1 & 2 on my old 360 years ago. Hopefully skipping 3 & Judgement won't make me totally lost.

Tommy McClain

Not needed to play Gears-3 or Gears-Judgement (which is a prequel to Gears of War from what I remember?).Though I think you might get codes for all of them with your Gears-4 purchase.

About the only thing you need to know is it's been a few years since Gears 3 ended and Gears 4 starts. About the only thing you won't get from the story is what the last memento shown means, but it took me a while to recognize it and most didn't recognize it either.

Back