Beyond Beyond *definition and parsing cleanup*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixel

Veteran
One shouldn't assume that the statement of zen in semi custom beyond 2017 in 2018/2019 explicitly means consoles. The push for AMD is to move beyond just consoles when it comes to the semi custom business. The biggest rumor is AMD trying to win a contract to place custom zen based APUs in Macs.
Regarding the term "beyond" 2017 it could mean even 2016. Before you dismiss me consider what Beyond3D means, 4th dimension Gordon Freeman tesseract stuff. Despite its name does it still cover 3D? Yes. Infact while most of it revolves around 3d, some even revolves around around 2d rendering (Before3D).

Regarding the term "beyond" 2017 it could mean even 2016. Before you dismiss me consider what Beyond3D means, 4th dimension Gordon Freeman tesseract stuff. Despite its name does it still cover 3D? Yes. Infact while most of it revolves around 3d, some even revolves around around 2d rendering (Before3D).

Christ. Does that have anything to do with the investment world? Holy crap people are grasping at straws.

"I talked about our Zen roadmap for our products, in terms of desktops, servers and notebooks, but one should expect Zen in our semi-custom roadmap as well as we look beyond 2017 into the 18/19 timeframe, and so we really do view this as developing foundational IP that can go into a number of different markets and we have good prospects in those areas."

Let's look at the dictionary for the word "beyond" in the context of this statement by her. Her intended meanings change drastically depending on which definition each person chooses.

1 (Merriam-Dictionary). "I talked about our Zen roadmap for our products, in terms of desktops, servers and notebooks, but one should expect Zen in our semi-custom roadmap as well as we look "to the farther side of" 2017 into the 18/19 timeframe, and so we really do view this as developing foundational IP that can go into a number of different markets and we have good prospects in those areas."

2 (Merriam-Dictionary). "I talked about our Zen roadmap for our products, in terms of desktops, servers and notebooks, but one should expect Zen in our semi-custom roadmap as well as we look "out of the reach [of]" 2017 into the 18/19 timeframe, and so we really do view this as developing foundational IP that can go into a number of different markets and we have good prospects in those areas."

3 (Merriam-Dictionary). "I talked about our Zen roadmap for our products, in terms of desktops, servers and notebooks, but one should expect Zen in our semi-custom roadmap as well as we look "in addition to" 2017 into the 18/19 timeframe, and so we really do view this as developing foundational IP that can go into a number of different markets and we have good prospects in those areas."

englishbeyond.PNG

(Cambridge Dictionary). "I talked about our Zen roadmap for our products, in terms of desktops, servers and notebooks, but one should expect Zen in our semi-custom roadmap as well as we look "after" 2017 into the 18/19 timeframe, and so we really do view this as developing foundational IP that can go into a number of different markets and we have good prospects in those areas."

(Cambridge Dictionary). "I talked about our Zen roadmap for our products, in terms of desktops, servers and notebooks, but one should expect Zen in our semi-custom roadmap as well as we look "more than" 2017 into the 18/19 timeframe, and so we really do view this as developing foundational IP that can go into a number of different markets and we have good prospects in those areas."

Note that the word "more than" in this context may include things before that as provided by the given examples.

englishbeyondcambridge.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back