Formula 1 - 2017 Season

Betting agencies seem to think Wehrlein is clearly the most probable choice

Of course, he knows he's riding a crest of a wave right now, no point putting him in there against the best when he's at his peak. Even on his best day (Brazil), Verstappen couldn't touch Hamilton.

Red bull did screw their strategy up in Brazil so who knows how it may have played out. Hamilton is not infallible and down force is mechanical grip is king in the wet as well as a great driver.

According to Toto Wolff every single F1 driver, including some ex-drivers, have expressed their interest on the free seat - except for Räikkönen & Kvyat

Typo.

Let's try again:

Hamilton is not infallible and down force with mechanical grip is king in the wet as much as a great driver.

Maybe, just maybe Verstappen could have given Hamilton a decent fight for first position. At one point during the Brazilian GP, the difference between the two was just 1.7 seconds. He spun on that lap and RBR then decided to pit him.

Pretty much all the best drivers in contract are out of the running.
Leaves only Wehrlein and Nasr as far as I can tell.

Mercedes Formula 1 boss Toto Wolff has zeroed in on Bottas as his favoured option as a replacement for Rosberg, who retired five days after winning his first world title last month despite having two further years on his Mercedes contract.

Wolff has approached Williams with a proposal that he gives them a major reduction in their engine bill - said to be in the region of €10m euros (£8.4m); more than half the total fee - in return for releasing Bottas.

Williams also have the option to run Mercedes reserve driver Pascal Wehrlein in Bottas' place.

Wolff, who is part of Bottas' management team, sees the 27-year-old as a close like-for-like replacement for Rosberg - quick, a reliable and consistent points scorer, and relatively easy to manage alongside the more mercurial Hamilton.

Williams have said no to Wolff's first offer but negotiations are expected to continue in the coming days.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38282791

Actually Wolff hasn't been part of Bottas' magement team for a while now (I think he quit that job first year he was at Mercedes?)

Actually Wolff hasn't been part of Bottas' magement team for a while now (I think he quit that job first year he was at Mercedes?)
I think you'll find most people who know anything about motorsport disagree with you (although that is something you should be accustomed to).

You might want to tell Bottas that Wolff hasn't been part of his management team since 2013, because he still thought he was as recently as June this year.
Wolff did quit his job as a Williams director when he joined Mercedes (and sold the last of his shareholding this year), but that isn't the same thing as managing a driver.

I think you'll find most people who know anything about motorsport disagree with you (although that is something you should be accustomed to).

You might want to tell Bottas that Wolff hasn't been part of his management team since 2013, because he still thought he was as recently as June this year.
Wolff did quit his job as a Williams director when he joined Mercedes (and sold the last of his shareholding this year), but that isn't the same thing as managing a driver.
Gah, technicalities - he's part of the team as in "he owns the management team with Häkkinen", but he's not handling Bottas business. Or at least that's what the finnish F1 sources have said several times

I think the bigger news is what is happening with Paddy Lowe?
And no, before you ask, I don't think Merc or Paddy have that figured out just yet either.

It's time to see if there really is hidden speed in Valtteri. I rank him hight, but I failed to notice any amazing races or overtaking moves from him while he was driving for Williams. Will be following this development with interest and hoping for Bottas to mount a fight with Lewis in the 2nd part of the season.

Back