The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...ourney-continues-with-the-last-of-us-part-ii/

[URL='https://blog.eu.playstation.com/author/ndruckmann/' said:
Neil Druckmann[/URL]]I can’t tell you how satisfying it is to finally be able to say that Ellie and Joel are back for another intense, harrowing, and emotional adventure.

Doesn't look like Joel is dead. Not at the beginning of the game at least.
Either or both of the characters could die during the story, though. But that's a moot point for now.

The whole trailer could be a red herring, similar to how they alluded that Joel would become infected and Ellie would have to kill him in some trailers for the first game.

It makes more sense if Joel is dead. I can't imagine another scenario that would put Ellie on such a path. Plus with the game centered on her as the playable character, Joel's presence would hinder the game play mechanic. Joel was the one who did all the heavy lifting last game with Ellie being so young and Joel serving as her protector. Allowing her to do all the heavy lifting this go around would seem unnatural because you would think Joel's paternal instinct would still kick in.

His presence as a figment of her imagination allows for the same basic gameplay of the first game with subtle changes that account for the fact she's not 200+ plus pounds of masculinity. You could probably do the same with an infected Joel that's too feeble to take charge. But then again, you would think Joel's paternal instinct would kick in as he realizes a sickened state only serves to put Elle at risk.

Plus if you played TLOU, you already have a connection with Joel. It's way easier to become emotionally vested in her quest for vengeance if it's Joel.

oh and yes ! The trailer killed it ! its far and I would have wanted to play as Joel but whatever, if it even comes close to LOU, I want it ! I have a lot of trust in the performances !

None of this requires Joel to be dead, he could be captured or she could even only think he's dead but end up being alive after all (I know, a cliched plot ploy), or then there's a whole bunch of other things that could have set her rage off (gang rape, someone else dead who we don't know yet, or even some kind of experimentation or forced impregnation). That said, they were suspiciously vague about Joel's role during the panel discussion which set off some red flags but on the other hand would they really have Troy a big part of the game if they've killed off his character? That certainly kills off the franchise too.

It makes more sense if Joel is dead. I can't imagine another scenario that would put Ellie on such a path.

It's been five years so it's likely Ellie has met, bonded and perhaps fallen in love with others. It could easily be another person being killed that drives Ellie to exact such vengeance.

Plus with the game centered on her as the playable character, Joel's presence would hinder the game play mechanic. Joel was the one who did all the heavy lifting last game with Ellie being so young and Joel serving as her protector. Allowing her to do all the heavy lifting this go around would seem unnatural because you would think Joel's paternal instinct would still kick in.

I sure hope they switch the gameplay so there are less planks to position! Naughty Dog can easily contrive other mechanics that Ellie is skilled at that Joel is not. Hell, keep the occasional plank in but have AI Joel do it.

His presence as a figment of her imagination allows for the same basic gameplay of the first game with subtle changes that account for the fact she's not 200+ plus pounds of masculinity.

I really hope they don't do this because that isn't Joel and Ellie, that is Ellie and Ellie's imaginary version of Joel. They don't need to kill Joel to give Ellie motivation to kill Fireflies. She has motivation enough, she may well know by Part II that they were willing to kill her through surgery with only a very, very slim hope a cure could be cultivated. Maybe she discovered they've done this to others. Maybe they took her teddybear. Who knows, Naughty Dog have a lot of skilled writers.

It's been five years so it's likely Ellie has met, bonded and perhaps fallen in love with others. It could easily be another person being killed that drives Ellie to exact such vengeance.

I sure hope they switch the gameplay so there are less planks to position! Naughty Dog can easily contrive other mechanics that Ellie is skilled at that Joel is not. Hell, keep the occasional plank in but have AI Joel do it.

I really hope they don't do this because that isn't Joel and Ellie, that is Ellie and Ellie's imaginary version of Joel. They don't need to kill Joel to give Ellie motivation to kill Fireflies. She has motivation enough, she may well know by Part II that they were willing to kill her through surgery with only a very, very slim hope a cure could be cultivated. Maybe she discovered they've done this to others. Maybe they took her teddybear. Who knows, Naughty Dog have a lot of skilled writers.
Remember that Ellie didn't really want to live by the end of LOU. I mean she realised that she was immune and others were not and anyone she loved would slowly turn into fungus and she would be there to see it happen to each of her loved ones. its a theme they claerly touched on in LOU. so, it cant be as simple. She really needs to be convinced of the evil of fireflies to have this kind of hate she has in the trailer. I really really hope Joel is not dead, because well its aint LOU for me without him, for me he is in the league of Snake and Geralt, a protagonist that matters, so. But yea it would need to be something major for that rage/ate to take place not somethng as simple as knowing they were okay with killing ellie, she was okay with them killing her..

I don't know why but the rendering is different of UC4 and remind me a bit of TO1886...

https://abload.de/img/6cxur9.gif

Like in this gif

It's a huge difference with the first game. However, after that almost photo realistic rendering of Nate and Elena's house at the end of
UC4, not surprising.

With Ellie in charge, I'm curious how the game play will change. I really liked the buy guy (Joel) with all that stuff on his back sneaking
past stalkers and clickers.

From the PSX conference it appeared the game is already in pre-development for 2 years (they did that trailer scene two years ago ?),
so I still have hope for early 2018. As someone else mentioned, it could also be Sony's secret weapon for Xmas 2017.

No way this game comes out before GOW4 lol, Kratos and his young killer in training is gonna be the Xmas 2017 secret sauce if anything. I'm thinking 1st quarter 2018 at the earliest.

No way this game comes out before GOW4 lol, Kratos and his young killer in training is gonna be the Xmas 2017 secret sauce if anything. I'm thinking 1st quarter 2018 at the earliest.
WOnt come out before xmas 2018. Will get delayed to 2019 considering how stuff goes these days. My guess.

From the PSX conference it appeared the game is already in pre-development for 2 years
That could mean involvement of 5 to 50 people, current state of the game is unknown, especially since they are also building chunky story expansion for U4.

As someone else mentioned, it could also be Sony's secret weapon for Xmas 2017.
Other previously announced games have much stronger change of coming out within a year than TLOU2 that was described as "very early" in development. Plus, Sony is really not targeting holidays with their 1st party games, they obviously feel that their big hitters are better used to boost sales in Q1 and Q2.

For 2017 I expect Horizon, Detroit and GT Sport. Release dates for rest remain a mystery.

What sells this "Joel is dead" theory is three things:
  • We never see the face of Joel in this trailer, he enters the house in a dream-like way (white background, only a silhouette, out of focus)
  • Joel would never let Ellie kill so many people, at the end of the first game he looks after her like his daughter, also the David scene is important
  • "You really gonna go through with this?" Go through with what? Avenging his death? Most likely
With that said, i think this is a little too easy to read. It's very likely that the trailer is misleading people into thinking Joel is dead.

What sells this "Joel is dead" theory is three things:
  • We never see the face of Joel in this trailer, he enters the house in a dream-like way (white background, only a silhouette, out of focus)
  • Joel would never let Ellie kill so many people, at the end of the first game he looks after her like his daughter, also the David scene is important
  • "You really gonna go through with this?" Go through with what? Avenging his death? Most likely
With that said, i think this is a little too easy to read. It's very likely that the trailer is misleading people into thinking Joel is dead.
- We never see here actually doing eye contact with him. We can just assume she looks at him at the very end.

Back