Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

Cars and lighting have always been strong points for the GT series, and they are still king IMO. These two points are arguably the most important in terms of overall presentation, which is why I still put GT above all. I wouldn't go as far to say that it's head and shoulders ahead, but it's noticeably better.

Last edited:
Legit some of the best graphics I've ever seen a game.

I knew GT would surpass DriveClub as the current standard-bearer, but I didn't think the leap would be this much honestly.

Cannot wait to get this on my Pro with HDR mode and 4K. Gonna be a feast. I feel like I'm watching GT3 for the first time again... next level technology, really. HDR is truly going to bring out all that detail if it really is there in final game. Honestly just dumbfounded. This looks more PS5 material than PS Pro.

Mod edit: Many MBs of animated gifs removed. Post links to vids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Am I missing something? Both videos looked much like all the other racers these days, with notably crap trees.

gts1ths9i.gif

Yea this looks like every game I've already played.... lmao, what were you even watching?

60 FPS replays are back again guys, we did it :D

When livecast reply will be available - worth watching. They show the game on tv during interview. If I heard correctly Kaz said that PSX demo allows to select time and weather conditions before race.

Really? Am I missing something? Both videos looked much like all the other racers these days, with notably crap trees.

The force of Polyphony is the ligthing it is much better than other racing team... So natural and it is not because it is a first party Team it is better than Drive Club too...

Maybe the best photoreal lighting with Kojima productions lighting technology in their own engine or The decima engine now...

Thats a 1080p 60fps racer with some of the best lighting effects and car detail so far. The trees may be bland but everything else looks superb. Considering that Nurburgring is a track with not much except a lot of vegetation I doubt they could have handled easily dense geometrical trees without risking the stability of the framerate.

Thats a 1080p 60fps racer with some of the best lighting effects and car detail so far. The trees may be bland but everything else looks superb. Considering that Nurburgring is a track with not much except a lot of vegetation I doubt they could have handled easily dense geometrical trees without risking the stability of the framerate.

Actually, the trees in GT looks better than in other sim games in similar tracks.

Especially compared to Forza 5/6.

The only racing game that has better trees than GT is DriveClub in my opinion, but it's a 30fps racing game.

Last edited:
DriveClub still easily takes the cake for me, the abundance of volumetric lighting, clouds, realtime GI, dense foliage and environment, self shadowing POM, rain effects, TOD and motion blur are still undefeated. All it needs is a Pro patch with 4k checkerboarding and HDR, maybe some TAA and it would be the defacto graphics benchmark in a driving game for a long long time. People forget how insanely good DC still looks.
1476795846-driveclub-yvsda.png

https://abload.de/img/1478190754-driveclub-frscg.png
https://abload.de/img/1478190766-driveclub-74sy1.png
30fps sure, but visual is visual.

DriveClub still easily takes the cake for me, the abundance of volumetric lighting, clouds, realtime GI, dense foliage and environment, self shadowing POM, rain effects, TOD and motion blur are still undefeated. All it needs is a Pro patch with 4k checkerboarding and HDR, maybe some TAA and it would be the defacto graphics benchmark in a driving game for a long long time. People forget how insanely good DC still looks.

https://abload.de/img/1478190754-driveclub-frscg.png
https://abload.de/img/1478190766-driveclub-74sy1.png
30fps sure, but visual is visual.

I like Drive Club and globally it is the most impressive rendering racing car imo too but in some lighting condition it is less impressive... The GT ligthing is good in every condition and the material car and natural ligthing is great all time... It was the case last gen and it seems it is again the the best this gen too...

Last edited:
I like Drive Club and globally it is the most impressive rendering racing car imo too but in some lighting condition it is less impressive... The GT ligthing is good in every condition and the material car and natural ligthing is great all time... It was the case last gen and it seems it is again the the best this gen too...

If you take the framerate in consideration, i'm almost certain that GT is technically a much more impressive game. It has a much bigger budget too while DC had several issues during its development.

And GT has a much better IQ.

Ok I admit, the lighting really is next level and does make the game look very realistic. But the environment still doesn't compare to the 30fps titles, I only wish there's a 30fps mode to turn everything right up to the moon, oh well it is what it is.

Back