PS4 Pro experiences

Nice! I really enjoyed Holoball, very good very pure gameplay.

Thanks! Lol, that is like the best compliment you could have given. It was really tempting to add a bunch of video gamey stuff, like powerups and boosters and whatever, but I decided to really just aim for pure sports style experience, just about you and the ball (and that bastard on the other end of the arena) :)

i have weird black screen cuts during 2-3 seconds while playing in VR on the pro, never happened on OG ps4, happened 3 times already on the pro.

Why is it so hard to ask what game it was by a message? I hope you aren't projecting your old resolution hating fantasies into some imaginary friend. :devilish:

Because it's a guy I only see in Mumble from time to time. I only share my contact info with close friends or business associates, and I wouldn't consider him a close friend. He's also not a business associate.

Regards,
SB

i have weird black screen cuts during 2-3 seconds while playing in VR on the pro, never happened on OG ps4, happened 3 times already on the pro.

I had that on my original PS4 due to some handshake issues involving my receiver. Went away when I changed the order in which stuff was connected.

i'm still using the orginal PS4 HDMI cable as it was too complicated to remove it from behind the TV set and plug the new one, could this be a problem ?

i'm still using the orginal PS4 HDMI cable as it was too complicated to remove it from behind the TV set and plug the new one, could this be a problem ?

Yes. Those are not high speed hdmi cables.

If you are still using 1080p TV, you don't need to switch HDMI cables.

But he's having issues with PSVR, so it might be worth the quick switch to a high-speed HDMI cable to rule that out.

I haven't had much time with my Pro yet and found out my TV only has one HDMI 2.0 port, so it really makes it a pain in the ass to use, because I'm mainly using this TV as a monitor for my computer. I need to buy a new TV next year once I return from my travels. I'm not too worried though. I saw Uncharted 4 at my friends house on his new Samsung KS9005, curved edge lit TV in HDR mode and it looked stunning to me. I know many like to hate on those edge lit LCDs, but as far as I'm concerned the picture quality was damn near perfect, deep blacks, stunning clarity. I was really impressed by that TV. The HDR was very nice, I'm not sure it's the most impressive thing about the games, but it certainly looked nice too. and the picture in my TV certainly looks flat in comparison.

The Samsung HDR tvs are great and get very bright. The only issue is when there's more darkness in the picture than light parts. The blacks just can't keep up, even more now that the TV is pumping a lot more brightness than before. In games like Uncharted, the picture will look incredible most of the time as it has a lot of very nice and colourful environments. It will only be less impressive in the caves level where there is a lot of darkness. Also I think the Samsung have very good input lag. We're still at a time when compromises need to be made with TVs, so it mainly all depends on personal taste.

The Samsung HDR tvs are great and get very bright. The only issue is when there's more darkness in the picture than light parts. The blacks just can't keep up, even more now that the TV is pumping a lot more brightness than before. In games like Uncharted, the picture will look incredible most of the time as it has a lot of very nice and colourful environments. It will only be less impressive in the caves level where there is a lot of darkness. Also I think the Samsung have very good input lag. We're still at a time when compromises need to be made with TVs, so it mainly all depends on personal taste.

Well I get to do some more testing this coming weekend as I just went ahead and ordered the curved 78" model. The deal wasn't too bad and I can reduce the VAT, so the final price ends up at around €2800 VAT excluded. (3500€ with 24%) So imo the price was quite good for this size and I think it'll play very nice with my PS4 Pro and the PC and the size helps with movies too.

That's a lot.

You may want to see what CES brings with the 2017 models before committing that kind of money on a product that is undergoing changes.

Back