Quantum Break [UWP]

It'll be interesting to see how the Dx11 version compares the Dx12 version both in terms of performance and more importantly in terms of IQ at similar performance levels or performance at similar IQ levels.

Well, it's gonna be either

"MS paid Remedy to gimp DX11 performance"

or

"Fuck MS, DX12, & UWP etc. etc. I was right all along"

-----

MS still loses. :runaway:

:p

Well, it's gonna be either

"MS paid Remedy to gimp DX11 performance"

or

"Fuck MS, DX12, & UWP etc. etc. I was right all along"

-----

MS still loses. :runaway:

:p
You missed a 3rd option where if Nvidia GPUs finally has decent performance and is better than AMD; that will be " Nvidia paid Remedy" :)
I am interested to see if going with DX11 there will be attempts to truly optimise this game for Maxwell/Pascal with regards to the post processing effects that currently kills them (Pascal less so) and older Nvidia models.
Cheers

Why is it so cheap on steam??? Ended up buying it becuase it was just $12 on our steam store ! Just didnt feel right to not buy it, feels like a bug.

Is it so cheap all over or did the Indian price get some special treatment?

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Why is it so cheap on steam??? Ended up buying it becuase it was just $12 on our steam store ! Just didnt feel right to not buy it, feels like a bug.

Steam has regional pricing. They do that to try to keep prices somewhat inline with what people in particular regions can afford. The developers suffer a bit as they get less revenue and profit, but on the other hand its a better alternative than people pirating the game.

Unfortunately that also leads to situations where people will buy from one region and attempt to resell the key in another region. Which then only deprives the developer of revenue they might have gotten in those other regions where people can more than afford the cost of the game in their region. Which in turn hampers their ability to develop more games or to improve the existing game via updates and potentially free content.

Regards,
SB

Around 20 usd in my country :(
The same price as on Windows store.

Btw Microsoft generally do localized prices for their games, just like Sony (digital ps4 games from Sony are around 10-15 dollars cheaper than physical, physical same price as US)

wow, guess we got lucky, the days of lower pricing for PC are pretty much gone for us now. Wish I can get Forza at such a price. That damn thing and Gears 4 is only on win store.

Finally playing it on my gtx1060 msi laptop and boy what a weird looking IQ :-/. Have no idea what to think of it. Its damn weird flat blurry mess.

Last edited:
Hmm... so what's the difference again if I buy it through Steam or through the windows store? It's the same price, right? Only if I buy it through the Windows store I also get a license to play on the X1 if I want? (Which doesn't matter since it's not multi-player)?

There's a DX11 path on Steam, which should perform better if you have a Geforce IIRC. Really shitty for me now that I have an nV GPU, but bought the game just before the Steam announcement. :| Fuck you Microsoft.

Last edited:
There's a DX11 path on Steam, which should perform better if you have a Geforce IIRC. Really shitty for me now that I have an nV GPU, but bought the game just before the Steam announcement. :| Fuck you Microsoft.

Well on the plus side you do get a bit better frame time consistency on the UWP version, but FPS does drop a bit for Nvidia hardware.

Regards,
SB

Hmm... so what's the difference again if I buy it through Steam or through the windows store? It's the same price, right? Only if I buy it through the Windows store I also get a license to play on the X1 if I want? (Which doesn't matter since it's not multi-player)?

Quantum Break is not an Xbox Play Anywhere(XPA) title. Originally they offered the Windows 10 UWP version for free if you pre-ordered the Xbox version, but that was a limited time offer & is no longer available. Remember this was before they announced XPA at E3 a few months later.

Tommy McClain

Back