Replace Game's music with your own?

What's the best way to replace the game's music with your own but not washout other in-game audio?

Is there a way to do it other than turn the game's music to off, and adjust your music below the audio settings in the game?

Seems to me turning of music would be by far the easiest way to achieve this.

The only other thing I could think of is replacing/removing game files containing music assuming that a. Doesn't crash the game and b. Launchers like steam don't automatically try to "fix" your files and c. Those files aren't in some container or whatever preventing you from messing with them.

What's the best way to replace the game's music with your own but not washout other in-game audio?

Is there a way to do it other than turn the game's music to off, and adjust your music below the audio settings in the game?
Why would you want any other way to do it? It's a PC so you don't have to do anything with the game itself other than turning off the in-game music.

Why would you want any other way to do it? It's a PC so you don't have to do anything with the game itself other than turning off the in-game music.

I was looking for some way to automatically adjust the levels between the music playing through the music software and the rest of the audio in the game, rather than having to adjust each volume slider independently each time so the game's audio (less the music, which is turned off), can still be heard above the music from the other program.

Essentially, "sync" the two audio outputs so Google Play Music is always a notch or so below the Effects & Speech volume in the game.

Then why not adjust the volume of Google play music? Should take almost no time to do.

With same task software you might even be able to do that automatically.

You could set up a couple of hotkeys that only change the volume of your music player so you can adjust it on the fly without affecting other sounds.

Then why not adjust the volume of Google play music? Should take almost no time to do.

I do, but it often requires adjusting volume of both Google play and the game in order to obtain what I consider to be a proper balance. This is doable, but it is doable each and every time. Sure it takes 'almost no time', but it still takes time. Every time. I was looking for some way to do it once, and provided the main system volume or speaker volume doesn't change, won't have to be done again.

With same task software you might even be able to do that automatically.

Any suggestions?

I do, but it often requires adjusting volume of both Google play and the game in order to obtain what I consider to be a proper balance. This is doable, but it is doable each and every time. Sure it takes 'almost no time', but it still takes time. Every time. I was looking for some way to do it once, and provided the main system volume or speaker volume doesn't change, won't have to be done again.
Doesn't it only have to be done once for each game? You're really not going to find something that does it automatically as it's really based on what kind of game, the audio mixing in the game, is there a lot of dialogue you want to hear etc. That's not something that can be automated.

I've used AutoHotKey & it's really capable. You could easily create a macro that could be used on a per game basis. You also might look for an app to initiate a generic macro for a mouse button that could work for any game.

Tommy McClain

Back