UC4: Best looking gameplay? *SPOILS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it! Although yt offscreen feed can't begin to capture how stupendously pretty they look in person. YT has finally enabled HDR on the Chromcast ultra at least, just a matter of time before folks can upload their Pro HDR directfeed videos and view on our HDR capable tvs.

I understand that the art direction of this Ratchet and Clank game can be liked by many people. The title has great visuals and graphics but technically speaking there are in my opinion still a lot more impressive games out there. In my point of view, in this generation the competition about visuals is stronger than ever.

Nevertheless, the Pro patch has significantly improved the look of the game.

There's one area where R&C is cleraly better than UC4 though : motion blur.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130014837@N02/26498698882/in/album-72157667392318626/

This motion blur looks great.

Saw this on gaf, i'm assuming it's a PS4Pro screenshot

30605034620_3466a4ceb1_o.png

Beautiful :yep2:

So good indeed. I'm downloading the latest patch which weighs 8.6gig before I can actually use the Pro features:( and either the server or my net is slow as hell it's excruciating to wait.

Saw this on gaf, i'm assuming it's a PS4Pro screenshot

30605034620_3466a4ceb1_o.png

Beautiful :yep2:
Pretty but the OG game was already pretty enough in this level. No need for more bells and whistles. This reminds me that oddly enough, the controls of the character during the epilogue was quite different and felt more natural (much better) than controlling Nate during the main game.

Now this would be a substantial improvement IMO, and worthy of a replay, if the whole game could controls (character + camera) like it did in the epilogue.

Tomb Raider enhanced mode on the ps4 pro goes head with Uncharted 4 imo.

riseofthetombraider_3j9btb.png

riseofthetombraider_4agbjd.png

Uncharted 4 is more consistent with its visuals, but still.

A bummer that the Syria level wasn't longer.

ROTR sure has impressive indoor environments, however most of the outdoors are often unflattering.

I still give it to UC4 all said and done, the overall asset quality, density, lighting, level complexity and of course HDR just put it at the very top. TR also looks extremely good but the quality is ever so slightly under UC4's. But the major difference this time is the HDR, in person TR's lighting almost looks like rendering at Low in comparison. Unfortunately there's no way to show it here so you're just gonna have to see it in person at some point. After playing BF1's campaign for awhile it definitely has its moments but the majority of the levels are inconsistent, asset quality is nowhere near the like of TR or UC4, I'm fairly confident it's out of the picture no pun for me at least for now.
12rsqk.png

2t0s6h.png

I knew it - Aloy is a robot! Just look at her plastic skin on the arm ;) :D

BTW, my resolve to NOT upgrade by White PS4 to the Pro is being tested on a daily basis... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back