What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing Farming Sim 2015 and wierdly still enjoying it!
There is somethig pleasing in growing your crops and harvesting them.

Apart from that, I play competitive CS:GO, but CS games are so heavily affected by your ping that it mostly decides your match outcome. Also cheaters are rampant in matchmaking. Latest updates made this ping issue much worse despite Valve claiming they improved things ...

Been playing the last piece of Fallout 4 DLC - NukaWorld. I went through the beginning of it a while back, and then decided to play some No Mans Sky. I'm now tired of NMS ( :( ) and going back to FO4 I realize how much I really do like this game series. People bitch and moan about how it's dumbed down (whatever this means) and Gamebryo sucks (it does) and the textures aren't high rez enough (good thing my vision is crud) and the world seems sterile ( I suppose so.) Despite it all, I really do enjoy this series and style, also with the Elder Scrolls series too. Each one has become more enjoyable for me -- modding the weapons, modding my armor, collecting stuff to build other stuff, and just doing the "lone wanderer" thing by walking the whole planet.

Anyway, there's a NukaWorld objective where you have to wonder around the world looking for computer parts, and I'm TWO measly items away from being done with it. I've discovered a number of world locations which are obviously reserved for some future point in the story line, hoping to put a few dozen more hours into it over the coming Also been doing another side quest which incorporates glasses and easter-egg finding, which has precipitated a lot of other fun mission finds.

I think I might re-roll my Skyrim character after this. I'm not convinced i need "SE" to be happy with it all, but maybe I'll toss Bethesda a $20 to let them know we're all still interested in more Elder Scrolls games :)

Now that my laptop is here , i hooked it up to my dell 24 inch monitor and am throwing all games at it and pleasantly evetything is running on ultra 60 fps till now !

I was underestimating this laptop by quite a margin. Time to throw even heavier shit at it. What should i play B3D ?

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

To be fair there's not really much out there that is 'heavy' when targeting 60 fps. It will be a rare game that will struggle to do that at 1080p presuming a modern gfx card and cpu.

Why not join the 144hz 1440p master race so you can feel perturbed when you only get 115 fps? :)

Playing The Crew Wild Run and somehow loving it after finding it boring on ps4 last year. in fact thats where I am having the most fun right now :D ! Game is casual and fun and lets me go offroad without any worry.

Tried the Forza Horizon 3 demo and frankly, looks great but foliage looks awful and the game is too sim like to let me just have fun in that open world. I want NFS MW or Burnout Paradise like uninhibited fun btu here I have to keep worrying about exact handling and oversteering and not going off track ....I mean great for sim guys, which I am too when I play GT6, but not in an open world game about tearing through forests and open terrain. I was going to buy it but the demo turned me off.

Ryse felt great when it started but then u realise the battle system has nothing else to offer other than press Y, x, X Y, X X, occasional A, then Y, X, X. same fat guy over and over with the exact same fighting. I am just not feeling like continuing, though I would love to as I like the basic fighting and the world and even the protagonist is nice.

Quantum break feels nice gameplay wise, but the very first episode of the sitcom was boring as hell. I literally skipped it after watching half of the first episode. I would rather play the fun game and hope it doesn't turn into Ryse.

Playing The Crew Wild Run and somehow loving it after finding it boring on ps4 last year. in fact thats where I am having the most fun right now :D ! Game is casual and fun and lets me go offroad without any worry.

Tried the Forza Horizon 3 demo and frankly, looks great but foliage looks awful and the game is too sim like to let me just have fun in that open world. I want NFS MW or Burnout Paradise like uninhibited fun btu here I have to keep worrying about exact handling and oversteering and not going off track ....I mean great for sim guys, which I am too when I play GT6, but not in an open world game about tearing through forests and open terrain. I was going to buy it but the demo turned me off.

Ryse felt great when it started but then u realise the battle system has nothing else to offer other than press Y, x, X Y, X X, occasional A, then Y, X, X. same fat guy over and over with the exact same fighting. I am just not feeling like continuing, though I would love to as I like the basic fighting and the world and even the protagonist is nice.

Quantum break feels nice gameplay wise, but the very first episode of the sitcom was boring as hell. I literally skipped it after watching half of the first episode. I would rather play the fun game and hope it doesn't turn into Ryse.

Ryse fighting mechanics are very simple, but the game tries to vary it from time to time by giving you access to other weapons. I finished it for the story and at a time, very pretty graphics. Ryse is more like movie experience and rather short for a game. Still enjoyed it as a game inbetween other games.

I've only got carmageddon re incarnation and its standard carmaggeddon if you like the series you'll like this one
(no steering wheel support thought)

I'm playing a lot of Civ 6 right now and loving it. I was really into Civ 5 so it took some time to adjust to having to think much more carefully about which buildings and improvements to build in which cities, but I think I'm getting the hang of it now. The only thing I'm not keen on is religious warfare... basically every game I play seems to descend into vast hoards of irritating apostles flooding into my territory. It annoys me to the point where I end up going to war with the offender, even if I'm not playing a religious game. Always seems to be Japan, so I have a bit of an axe to grind with them!

I started playing World of Warships yesterday. It's great fun!

It is.. digital.. crack. I haven't really played anything else last few weeks. Steam sale? What's that?

Never really tried WoT seriously, and I played a lot of War Thunder instead of WoWP, but WoWS is too much fun.

Earned tier 8 Fubuki just in time for the Dec 1 Japanese destroyer split.. looking forward to 2 new ships with premium camo's for free.

From Steam sale I'm currently playing Ori of the Blind Forest, Plague Inc and Firewatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back