Ratchet and Clank [PS4]

I do not understand why this game didnt get more praise. I tried it recently and the game looks so beautiful that I thought my TV was displaying HDR without even supporting HDR.
The gameplay is also splendid
The visuals are some of the best this generation. I cant believe how close to a pixar movie this game looks and animates. And it is super fun.
I am pretty sure that if this was made by Nintendo and the character was Mario it would have been getting all 10s.
It is also super crisp and clean. Barely any aliasing visible. Thats superb IQ

I do not understand why this game didnt get more praise. I tried it recently and the game looks so beautiful that I thought my TV was displaying HDR without even supporting HDR.
The gameplay is also splendid
The visuals are some of the best this generation. I cant believe how close to a pixar movie this game looks and animates. And it is super fun.
I am pretty sure that if this was made by Nintendo and the character was Mario it would have been getting all 10s.
It is also super crisp and clean. Barely any aliasing visible. Thats superb IQ
Yup ! One of those rare games you cant stop playing !

Really really hope there is another being made , along with another Resistance.

Lovely game indeed. The neutered satire, scattershot story and sanitized characters are a bit of a shame, though. Ratchet was a selfish prick in the original. The two didn't really get along until the very end of the game. That was the whole point. In the new game, their character arcs basically begin and end within their very first shared cutscene.
Instead we we got plenty of fourth-wall-breaking meta humor. Painfully unfunny one at that.

Last edited:
That surprises me. I only started playing Ratchet and Clank at the third entry (Up Your Arsenal IIRC) so I was under the impression that this was a straightforward remake, at least in terms of the narrative.

And fourth wall breaking just isn't funny. It's pointless as anything but a self indulgent exercise.

BEST 4k implementation of them all: truly looks like native 4k, so damn clean and crisp ! Kudos Insomniac you trumped Checkerboarding with this temporal Injection shit ! This is th eonly game on my pro which makes me feel satisfied with the Pro+4kHDR TV purchase. So damn crisp and such a well balanced HDR !.

Truly the best 4k HDR game out there right now. :love: :love: :love: I have already played it twice but I cant help it playing again after seeing that amazingly well done 4k.....so damn clear and sharp ! Wish I had played this for the first time like this, I would have died with happiness :p !Bravo, insomniac , BRavo !Trumped every other AAA in the 4k HDR department.

Last edited:
I also think the temporal injection shit works especially well with R&C's cartoony style where the lack of many small edges or specular aliasing lends it well to the technique, the look and feel of a native 4k is perhaps further realized in that sense. The Pro version truly stomps, it's only natural for Spiderman with a bigger budget, more matured tools looks as stunning as it is already and we haven't even seen the HDR version of it yet:devilish::devilish:.

I'm not into R&C but I tried it because we had it as free PS+ game and it looks amazing when supersampled to 1080p, it's also one of these instances I can tolerate 30 fps, because it's rock solid and have good motion blur.

does gaming with ps4 pro on a 1080p screen mean the end of aliasing ?

RC7.png

http://u.cubeupload.com/novcze/RC11.png
http://u.cubeupload.com/novcze/RC4.png

I think come next gen aliasing would be a thing in the past (if not already is) and on top of 8-16x af rendered at native 4k or even cbr 4k, devs could finally stop worrying about iq and concentrate on effects instead.

I remember thinking that same sort of thing when playing the Witcher 3: a few issues with clipping here and there, but, largely, I'm perfectly happy with image quality now.

I remember thinking that same sort of thing when playing the Witcher 3: a few issues with clipping here and there, but, largely, I'm perfectly happy with image quality now.
For me Second Son was the first game that "solved" the AA issues that plagued us for so long. There was some shader aliasing, but overall game had incredible IQ.

For me Second Son was the first game that "solved" the AA issues that plagued us for so long. There was some shader aliasing, but overall game had incredible IQ.

Ryse and Killzone Shadow solved it before and Second Son still had some aliasing problems.

If I'm not mistaken Crytek started Temporal AA in gaming with Crysis 2:
https://de.slideshare.net/TiagoAlexSousa/antialiasing-methods-in-cryengine-3

https://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/articles/crysis-2-directx-11-ultra-upgrade-page-2

Last edited:
Back