Uncharted 4 discussion [PS4] (read first post) [2016]

Just had a few hours playing it via the HDR patch, look really impressive in some of the levels and a bit mild in some others. The highlights, explosions, torches, clouds and fire are stunning and made me squint a few times. The colors look very vibrant too and now it's hard to go back to SDR. Here's a comparison, tho viewed in person, the HDR looked way better than phone photos.
HDR on
hdriguna.jpg

HDR off
sdr4lubd.jpg

Just had a few hours playing it via the HDR patch, look really impressive in some of the levels and a bit mild in some others. The highlights, explosions, torches, clouds and fire are stunning and made me squint a few times. The colors look very vibrant too and now it's hard to go back to SDR. Here's a comparison, tho viewed in person, the HDR looked way better than phone photos.

Will be interesting to read what you think about U4 Ps4 with HDR compared to U4 Ps4 Pro with HDR

HDR on
hdriguna.jpg

HDR off
sdr4lubd.jpg

in a phone photo, HDR-on looks like a game with sweetfx filter on-top.

HDR is too much like VR: you must experience it yourself :(

in a phone photo, HDR-on looks like a game with sweetfx filter on-top.

HDR is too much like VR: you must experience it yourself :(
True, so much better in person but I just couldn't help to post something. I wish PC HDR monitor and Youtube HDR would become a thing soon.

HDR on
hdriguna.jpg

HDR off
sdr4lubd.jpg
That's a massive difference in clarity, holy cow, great example.

gamesindustry.biz article - Uncharted 4 is not as scripted as you might think.

Designer Matthew Gallant explains how the studio incorporated systemic combat AI into Uncharted 4, and what went wrong along the way.
The AI is incredibly good in U4. It's really noticeable in some of the areas, especially on Normal to Hard if you let them follow you around (On Crushing sometimes it's less obvious because you're dying too fast).

But particularly some of the multi-level areas like in the big mansion just before the long narrative part and before the caves, or some of the Scotland areas, if you let the AI wander around chasing you or going in search mode, it's really quite good.

Yet they still have what's basically a collective lock-on from orbit on you if just a single one of them spots you. The only difference between this and many other games is that they'll eventually lose you again.

The game looks amazing on Pro.

I booted it yesterday for a few minutes, but I will not go with my planned Crushing run until I can get my hands on a HDR TV. I have other games to play in the meantime.

The cover image for the DLC

l5kodenu3m4dg5zyeere.jpg

I liked Nadine in the main game so i'm glad we get to see more of her, and of course happy about Chloe, was expecting this to be honest (Chloe in the dlc) :yep2:

Back