Extended Downtime - Saturday 29th October 2016

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
The forums and site will be down for an hour or so this Saturday, at 6pm UTC or thereabouts. I've got some host maintenance to do which necessitates shutting down all the VMs before a reboot. Combined with backup testing and some other software maintenance on the VMs, access will be patchy while it all happens.

If you can't access site or forums after around 8pm UTC the same day, the Beyond3D Twitter account will have details as to why. Should be fine though.

Any questions about what to do while we're not available, if you're panicking or distraught or otherwise upset, please remember that it's not as bad as the US presidential elections so everything is actually fine in context. Please go outside in your locale and enjoy not being near a glowing array of liquid crystals for a little while. It's good for you.

Love you.

Please do not fix any bugs affecting mobile users, your only encouraging them to use an unsuitable device to access the forum.

Sorry but I love Tapatalk on my Lumia 640 with W10M. Unfortunately the clock is messed up. Says posts happened "5 hours ago" when they are just posted.

Tommy McClain

Update: I'm going to start the work shortly at 11am UTC, to get it done and out of the way so I can spend the evening doing other things.

Sorry it took so long to bring back. The extra time was eaten up because I completely miscalculated the speed of the backups. I needed to backup 550GB of data and estimated it'd run at line rate of the 1GbE port to the storage system (so around 120MB/s). Instead it happened at ~60MB/s, so the initial backup took twice as long (over 3 hours!).

Let me know if you see any weirdness.

Still haven't fixed that, although working with the UI.X developer it seems it's something to do with my customisation of the theme, so they've punted the support ticket back to me to look into. Should have it fixed by the end of the weekend.

Back