TES V: Skyrim

It just unlocked for me. First things I noticed in the options is TAA (yay!), SSR, SSAO, raid occlusion, snow shader, and 64-bit render targets (?)

No native 21:9 support? wtf. Quick edit of the prefs ini fixed that.

Last edited:
Kiiiiiiiiiiiiinda pissed off that they removed MSAA entirely rather than just adding TAA to the list.

Edit: Like, I get not adding it to a new game, cause MSAA don't really work all that well anymore, but it worked good enough in Skyrim, so...

Well color me impressed, it's actually quite a decent upgrade. Very smooth and the TAA is fantastic. Textures are a bit better, especially the armor and some of the plant life.

Yeah I noticed the medium texture setting, which they defaulted to on my old card, looked around the same as the old high res pack.

64-bit render targets (?)
4xFP16 I assume.

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiinda pissed off that they removed MSAA entirely rather than just adding TAA to the list.

Edit: Like, I get not adding it to a new game, cause MSAA don't really work all that well anymore, but it worked good enough in Skyrim, so...
They might have gone deferred, and didn't want people shitting the bed with crap performance.

Well I'm not sure about any of the technical stuff since I haven't been keeping up with it, but it looked and ran beautifully when I played it for a bit last night. :D

The only thing they should have "remastered" are the animations. :)

I noticed that Skyrim + DLC is actually a good bit larger than Skyrim SE. I guess that means the textures aren't much different.

Has anyone else noticed an occasional hesitation to the engine? Running around outside. On my 970 it does it. I tried Ultra and High detail presets. I haven't messed with the individual settings yet. Polishing that Gamebryo turd again.

Last edited:
Yes.

Just in case you didn't realize, any PC owners of Skyrim + all DLC get SE for free.
I skipped the Hearthfire DLC because it seemed like tripe to me. If I go spend the $4.99 on Steam for the last piece, suppose I could get SE for free still?

Back