Battlefield 1

but the MP in BF1 seems more focused on the infantry and tanks. Very little sea and air battle.

the destruction also more limited than bad company (at least in the beta).

Have to say, i was veey wary of this game for some reason, one of them being thid id not DICE sweden making it...but.....: this game's MP is FANTASTIC!!!
basically, the MP here is the best World War experience ever made. All sP campaigns fail to evoke the world war feeling that the conquest matches serve in spades here! Holy shit the MP is a WAR ! And the ww1 weapons make it so special !
I think its time to delete BF3 and 4 finally.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

I was sceptical about this but playing the new operations mode has been a ton of fun. No more people spawning randomly everywhere and killing you instantly from behind. Clear fighting lines, tons of people and huge, great looking maps. I'm never touching conquest again.

I was sceptical about this but playing the new operations mode has been a ton of fun. No more people spawning randomly everywhere and killing you instantly from behind. Clear fighting lines, tons of people and huge, great looking maps. I'm never touching conquest again.
I am just playing conquest. Haven't even played Operations yet hearing good things about it, but I love conquest. Thats where it feels like an organised chaos to me.You can chose where to go, camping has no purpose and you can have the kindof experience you want at that moment, either a complete push or a sneaky capture.

I've been playing it too - only TDM so far, but really liking the online multiplayer so far. Battlefield is just so much better than CoD. Love the level design too - all the maps and the feel of the game is just spot on.

PS4 Pro BF1 conquest 64 framerate video by our own VG tech fellow.

A significant improvement from OG PS4. From average 49.75fps on OG to 57.52fps on Pro. The average resolution too has being significantly improved (allegedly but still).

Last edited:
Other than smoother fps and 1080p Rez, is it running with better assets? Ultra settings instead of medium on og PS4?
All reports I have read just talk only about significant framerate and resolution improvements, not assets. But the game was already incredibly good looking on consoles IMO, just at lower res and fps.

Other than smoother fps and 1080p Rez, is it running with better assets? Ultra settings instead of medium on og PS4?
On top of improved textures and alpha effects and more terrain details, for now we know that resolution fluctuates from 1440p to 1800p using checkerboard rendering according to Digital foundry (for the min) and Vg tech (for the max).

started playing as medic and support and realise that they are all fun ! Initially it sseemed to me that assault was the only class worth playing but now I realise that medic and support are turning into my favourites ! I can never e a sniper, so scout will always be a no no for me. Overall the MP is just too much fun, wish my net was better and had lower pings.

Started to finally play BF1. Starting with the SP...it is ok so far, it seems to not have one single story, but more small episodes.
I am looking forward to some MP action though...

Started to finally play BF1. Starting with the SP...it is ok so far, it seems to not have one single story, but more small episodes.
I am looking forward to some MP action though...
Forget the SP. I never went back to finish it once I had my first conquest match ! The World war 1 experience is in Conquest, not in that campaign from what I played.

What is the attractiveness of Conquest? IMO, just far too much is happening in those modes. I love the feel of BF1 (and prior to that BF4), but have mostly only played TDM modes. Now started playing exclusively hardcore TDM lately which is even better.

What is the attractiveness of Conquest? IMO, just far too much is happening in those modes. I love the feel of BF1 (and prior to that BF4), but have mostly only played TDM modes. Now started playing exclusively hardcore TDM lately which is even better.
What is the attractiveness of TDM? It just seems to devolve in to running around randomly, then seeing who shoots first when you turn a corner and there is someone there. Even more so in hardcore.

I like conquest because it allows for more strategy and (for me at least) it feels more like you can actually work together as a team with your squad and achieve something (capture objectives etc)

Back