Super Stardust VR [PSVR]

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
Saw a video of this on PlayStation Access that showed it also comes with a VR first person mode where you drive a kind of tank with the analog sticks while you aim by looking to shoot stuff, not too different from battle zone. But it looks pretty cool. Maybe old but deserves a new thread:

It's a nice little bonus mode. Nothing substantial, though. You fight 15 waves of enemies, then you get to upload your highscore. Unfortunately the tiny map never changes. Don't expect any bosses, either. It's a fairly speedy game, by the way, so it might wreak havoc on the player's stomach. Mechanically it's really good, at least. Using your head movement for aiming feels great.
The regular old Stardust can be played in VR as well, of course, but it really doesn't add much. On the contrary, with the game being as visually busy as it is, playing it on a pin sharp flat panel display feels a lot more natural.

I've played DC VR, Battlezone and Rigs (amongst several others) and the VR Mode in this is the only one that doesn't sit right with me. It's not a feeling I would describe as nausea, per see, but its definitely a "somethings not quite right here, I should probably stop playing this soon". Beyond that it just wasn't very engaging. I would classify it as an interesting experiment (which is what I suspect it may have started as). That said, the original play modes are just fine (and at the end of the day its Super Stardust HD in VR for $10 so I can't complain much).

Back