CSS issues in Safari on iPhone below 768 pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pressure

Veteran
Just a heads up but all comments are clipped the last 10 px or so, making it impossible to read the last sentence of posts.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    97.4 KB · Views: 23
I've never had that problem on mobile and I've browsed here a lot on mobile. Try a different browser on your phone?

I've never had that problem on mobile and I've browsed here a lot on mobile. Try a different browser on your phone?

It's on Safari, so probably something that should be looked into.

What resolution does your phone run at?

never got that problem too. But i use chrome on computer and phone.

computers
1440x900
1920x1080 with 150% scaling

phones
1920x1080 with 420 dpi
720p with unknown dpi

No wonder you never saw the issue, considering they are all higher than 768 px in portrait.

I can replicate the problem on an iPhone 5, iPhone 5S and iPhone 7.

No wonder you never saw the issue, considering they are all higher than 768 px in portrait.
That's not how it works on phones. The effective width reported to the browser is less than 768px. I've tried it on both browsers on my android, also tried 2 desktop browsers in dev mode with various iphone/android layouts in portrait and none of them display that cutoff. That doesn't mean it's not happening on Safari on your phone, but it's not as simple as "anything less than 768px".

As I said, can you try another browser? Does it look fine on chrome on your phone?

Look, it doesn't matter if I try another browser. There clearly is a problem with Safari and the media queries associated with those resolutions. It's totally fine on the iPad (768 px).

I can also replicate the problem on my desktop computer running Safari. It happens at the media query that controls the CSS under 600 pixels.

Doesn't happen on Chrome.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 19.56.49.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 19.56.49.png
    157 KB · Views: 16
So I was going to download Safari on my PC to test this. Google Safari takes you to apple.com/safari (apple don't use certs on their sites?).

http://www.apple.com/safari/

Where on earth is any mention or cta for download?

Does it happen on my forum as well? I also use UI.X framework.

Yaktribe.org/community

Then either @Rys broke it with child theme changes, was broken in a previous broken and B3D isn't running latest version of the theme, or the theme files are incomplete and need to be reinstalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back