Civilization VI

Kaotik

Drunk Member
Legend
Supporter
I can't believe there's still no thread for this :runaway:

The game is out, and somehow the night just disappeared, I swear I just installed the game and tried couple first turns... :yes:

It's going to be a rough day at work.

This appears to be the best vanilla Civ ever and some of the changes from V are fantastic. Diplo victory (aka the richest city states in the universe) is gone, religious victory is added (you can have a religious war without being at war militarily, but you can have casus belli to start a holy war), and speaking of casus belli, there are much more interesting ways to interact with the AI wrt. war. It's just not surprise war all the time, now you can have formal wars, colonial wars, holy wars, liberation wars (explicit, you had them implicit in V where you could liberate cities but now you can actually declare to the world you are going to do it)

Also the cities are unstacked so you have much more incentive to play the map and not just put down a 3-4 cities, farm and mine them up and then turtle to victory by building all wonders in the same cities. Now wonders take up a tile on the map and they have very specific requirements (for instance Big Ben needs to be built adjacent to a river and adjacent to a commercial district containing a bank) so one city can't build them all.

Great people have changed too and now they have unique bonuses and abilities which are varied and interesting.

All in all, I have been riding the hype train and the hype is real and I want to go home and play but I have to work

Has anyone found out can you actually destroy districts completely once they're built? Last night I conquered a city which was built like shit, and I would like to move at least one if not more of it's districts to new locations, even if it takes time.
Or if it's not possible, load a game before conquering it and just raze the city and build my own in it's place

I'm waiting for the complete version, you know the one you have after a year or two will all the stuff for a tenth of the price...
:p
The Witcher Enhanced Editions? Destiny the Collection? SC2 Battle Chests? the list goes on!

So it turns out districts can't be demolished, have to live with AIs idiotic decisions.

My first game is now in the modern era, and boy, has this been different from my usual Civ-games. I usually just focus on science and/or culture, and beat the crap out of possible competitors in the end with superior firepower if needed, or take the culture or science victory.
In my first Civ6 game, I've met 3 out of 7 possible Civilizations against me by the modern era (okay, it's mid 1700's, my science has been going wild I suppose), and demolished them all (they all started it!) . I think they didn't make contact with the other 4 either, so they should now see me as neutral since no-one is telling 'em about my warmongering, right?

The Aztecs are seriously fucking shit up. Before turn 100 they had wiped 3 other civs out. Am holding them off for the time being, but they've captured so much land it's going to be quite the challenge. Loving it!

I love it. It is fantastic. There are some small bugs, but overall this is the best vanilla Civ ever. This hype plane managed to land safely and all the passengers are all right!

I'm not sure I like it yet. It feels so slow to to build anything in the cities, so it makes me think I should be building more than my standard 4-5 in the early game. I'm having wonders taking over 40 turns to complete! I think I'll try it on a faster setting because it feels like nothing gets done and I'm just clicking 'end turn'. I played on King/Emperor on the last game, but sometimes I think the simplicity of the Civ 4 interface/gameplay was the peak of the series.

But it does feel like a really good game however, so once the mods/patches come out I am pretty sure I'll love it again.

I agree on building feeling too slow, but then again technology seems to be far to easy to get far "too quick", heck, I was blasting through Future Techs in the early 1900's or was it even 1800's

You guys need to optimise the factory overlap (which is a building inside the industrial zone that radiates production to 6 hexes away)

Also you need to think about adjacency, for instance try to place the industrial district adjacent to the most amount of mines and other districts.

I only managed a few hours late Friday, but I really wish I would have known about needing walls before the cities can defend themselves! Barbarians came in and pillaged one of my pastures and I was helpless to do anything about it as my warrior and slinger were off in other directions.

I haven't even gotten to build a district yet, it seems I'm getting lots of research and civics but not much else. Perhaps skipping the monument for troops wasn't a good early game strategy.

Anyway, it seems that they've incorporated ideas from both Civ V as well as Civ Revolutions in term of game play fundamentals.

I unlocked mysticism, and got the two great people policy cards but have nowhere to put them because I only have military and economic policy slots.

What do I do with them, exactly?

I'm going to get this once it's out on Mac, is there a historical speed mod for it yet?
Because I really only like playing Civ in the ancient to medieval era and don't care for the modern game much.

Back