Cyan's *Must-Have* Skyrim Mod Recommendation Super-Gush Thread - daily updates

Awesome. I spent many hours this past week trying out various combinations of PC mods to get Skyrim looking better, and while it looks a lot better it's also very inconsistent between areas, then Bethesda announce a Special Edition remaster due out on 28th October! :runaway:

The goods news is if you own all the DLC then you'll get the Special Edition free.

jpg

jpg

jpg

jpg

I think I'll just wait for the official remaster and Skyrim will be my guilty pleasure in October and November. As long as they bring the stability of Fallout 4 and fix most of the bugs then I'll be happy. :yes:

Awesome. I spent many hours this past week trying out various combinations of PC mods to get Skyrim looking better, and while it looks a lot better it's also very inconsistent between areas, then Bethesda announce a Special Edition remaster due out on 28th October! :runaway:

The goods news is if you own all the DLC then you'll get the Special Edition free.

jpg

jpg

jpg

jpg

I think I'll just wait for the official remaster and Skyrim will be my guilty pleasure in October and November. As long as they bring the stability of Fallout 4 and fix most of the bugs then I'll be happy. :yes:
so many memories when one sees that volumetric fog and the excellent atmosphere of that masterpiece. oh my.. If I have the money I'll get it for sure.

off-topic: was the best in class grades wise this year, if everything goes well I start programming next year

That new post processing makes me ill.. wtf were they thinking. What an absolute half assed "remaster".

The real question is, does the new binary actually fix the memory allocation bugs of the split pool implementation they did (if the first memory block needed more than 256megs of memory the routine that was suppose to increase the size of the block would CTD the game)?

The Fresnel on the snow looks quite nice. Unfortunately, my biggest problem with all the Bethesda games prior to Fallout 4 (which is still not great in that regard, but certainly much, much better) has always been the the shitty animations, and a couple of fancy shaders aren't gonna remedy this.

My custom enb modded skyrim still looks better. I really wished they made it equally pretty. I would have bought it. But this still looks last geny, which enb does not.

My custom enb modded skyrim still looks better. I really wished they made it equally pretty. I would have bought it. But this still looks last geny, which enb does not.
Which are you using? I've tried a bunch and they are either over saturated, under saturated or have ridiculous contrast.

They should have added PBR or made a complete overhaul of the lighting system atleast.
It still looks old as hell.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

They should have added PBR or made a complete overhaul of the lighting system atleast.
Yeah it's rather laughable considering what the mod community managed to achieve with it. Just cashing in on the remake fad.

this guy made a good video with an in-depth analysis of the changes and whether they are worth it or not.

Yeah it's rather laughable considering what the mod community managed to achieve with it. Just cashing in on the remake fad.
I wonder how Bloated Man's Grotto, which is one of the most beautiful places and things I've ever seen in videogames, artistically in particular, look in the remake.
What a sublimely beautiful place.

this guy made a good video with an in-depth analysis of the changes and whether they are worth it or not.

That guy needs to just stop. I couldn't get through a 3rd of that video listening to his forced spiel. It's like it's the most amazing experience ever, which it obviously is not. That aside, looks like they've definitely done some work to it but looks to be well short of what modders have done.

That guy needs to just stop. I couldn't get through a 3rd of that video listening to his forced spiel. It's like it's the most amazing experience ever, which it obviously is not. That aside, looks like they've definitely done some work to it but looks to be well short of what modders have done.

Modders work for free, Bethesda have to pay their devs and that cost is passed on to players. Unless you're getting the remaster free on Steam :mrgreen:

But if you want to stick with mods for original Skyrim, nothing's stopping you. :nope:

Modders work for free, Bethesda have to pay their devs and that cost is passed on to players. Unless you're getting the remaster free on Steam :mrgreen:

But if you want to stick with mods for original Skyrim, nothing's stopping you. :nope:
Yea but the console owners are paying full price no matter how much they spent on it previously. So they definitely paying for it. Paying for a full NEW game but yet do not see much new in it.
Bethesda is earning from this. Its not a charity job.

I don't know about where you are, but it's not a full priced game in the U.K. I'd wager most console owners wanting to play his, already played it on 360/PS3. The price reflects the effort which reflects this.

Its a full 60$ game on the US store. Same on our Indian store too. They announced a while back that its gonna cost the full price.
What's the price on the UK store?

Its a full 60$ game on the US store. Same on our Indian store too. They announced a while back that its gonna cost the full price. What's the price on the UK store?

I don't know about the store but I've seen it at retail around £30 pre-order. Typically PS4 games are £40-60.

Back