Nintendo Switch Revelation

At least all the big publishers are in it.
Activision, Bethesda, Capcom, EA, Sega, Square-Enix, THQ, Take-Two, Ubisoft, Warner Bros.

Is there any big omission here?

At least all the big publishers are in it.
Activision, Bethesda, Capcom, EA, Sega, Square-Enix, THQ, Take-Two, Ubisoft, Warner Bros.

Is there any big omission here?
Konami. Compared to Wii U's 3rd parties support... it's night and day.

WiiU
235616-kits-desarrollo-wii-gratis-third-parties.jpg

Nintendo Switch
Cv_N2p_UIWIAAcx_Q_1.jpg

Goodness me!! The fact that Skyrim is there is a huge thing for me since I wanted a device like that from some time ago now. It's a very smart move that 3rd parties are now on ship.

Hmm....seems like Wii U done right in some respect. It potentially brings the tabletop magic into video gaming. Smells 80s, 90s era when gaming was simple and everyone had an atari or a nes or a Game and Watch machine or a tabletop game. These things co existed in every kid's life.
If its priced and marketed right this could fly off the shelves to be honest.

But I wonder how it can highlight itself in the ocean infested by smartphones, tablets and the existing dedicated handhelds. This might potentially canibalize from their existing handheld market, but perhaps Nintendo does recognize that they cant rely as much on that anymore. A flexible dedicated hybrid might be the right solution.

It doesnt revolutionize how we play games, but it does bring something great: How we play video games socially, tete-a-tete. This is missed a lot today where a huge amount of people pseudo "socialize" in social netwroks and internet gaming.

Tabletop video gaming.
I like this.

Last edited:
This is pretty much what I was hoping for, assuming that the Switch is the next Nintendo platform (i.e. no separate dedicated Nintendo handheld in addition to this). I missed out on a lot of good games on the DS/3DS because handhelds frankly don't fit in with my normal use cases and they don't have very good (for me) solutions for TV connectivity. If a single platform, designed with proper TV connectivity in mind, can provide the first/second party Nintendo console IP I normally enjoy and the content on handhelds that I would like to play then I'm all in. I'm in, day one, for $250 USD or less. Anymore than that, however, and I think I'll wait for a price drop.

Last edited:
Konami. Compared to Wii U's 3rd parties support... it's night and day.
Konami is actually in the Switch's list.
I just don't consider them a big publisher. Few people do, to be honest.

This is pretty much what I was hoping for, assuming that the Switch is the next Nintendo platform (i.e. no separate dedicated Nintendo handheld in addition to this). I missed out on a lot of good games on the DS/3DS because handhelds frankly don't fit in with my normal use cases and they don't have very good (for me) solutions for TV connectivity. If a single platform, designed with proper TV connectivity in mind, can provide the first/second party Nintendo console IP I normally enjoy and the content on handhelds that I would like to play then I'm all in. I'm in, day one, for $250 or less. Anymore than that, however, and I think I'll wait for a price drop.

I second that! Nintendo handhelds seem to be the platform for JRPGs, a game style I like, but I don't really game on the move so a Nintendo DS/3DS would be just a brick for me in the end. This would be much more ideal!

Konami is actually in the Switch's list.
I just don't consider them a big publisher. Few people do, to be honest.
nao sei.., Sega then.

It won't have these clock rates.
256*1000*2/1.000.000=0.512 TeraFlops....could be this? I expect ok ports from this generation, if NVidia's modern optimisations are being used.

Maybe docked mode games running on current and batteries mode differ, but on a small screen nobody will notice.

Price?

That handheld mode with controllers attached make it look bigger than any phablet.

Will it be easy to carry or you gonna need a bag?

Also the battery life will have to be good and Nintendo better include a micro USB or USB c connector for charging on the road. I'm hoping the battery will be good for at least 5 or 6 hours of gaming.

It's much thicker than a tablet, so the potential is there for a large battery to give maybe 6-8 hours of game time. It's also really thick compared to a tablet to accommodate what appears to be a rather large active cooling solution. Both of which should help offset Tegra's high power consumption and heat, especially when used for console level gameplay which cannot tolerate clocks being lowered due to thermals as happens with most mobile devices (tablets and phones).

Regards,
SB

Back