Red Dead Redemption 2

I normally don't follow rockstar, but I guess they often announce 1 year in advance ? We will see an E3 demo?

Can't wait. Hope the trailer on Thursday details the story campaign & supports online co-op. Not enthused at the idea about GTA5 inspired online & Shark cards. :(

Tommy McClain

Here's the official announcement pic from Twitter...

CvDTzvUXEAAqQyD.jpg:large

Tommy McClain

Ooops, didn't see this.

A tech demo that eventually became Red Dead Redemption was shown 5 years before it shipped. Officially Red Dead Redemption was announced 1 year & 3+ months before it shipped, but it was delayed about a month to May 18, 2010. So the timing for RDR2 is about right. I expect a November launch to probably coincide with Scorpio.

Tommy McClain

So, Xbox only for now? That's the only platform mentioned on their RDR2 page. That's strange. I wonder if it's some sort of marketing deal? Marketing deal wouldn't block PC, obviously, as Microsoft wants titles to be on both platforms. But we all know Rockstar likes to delay PC releases of their games so they can throw extra stuff at the game.

Regards,
SB

So I'll make a guess now that the trailer will state PS4+XBox One with no mention of PC just so they can keep up drama about it over the next year then close to release date they allow PC release to officially be announced as 3 months after console.

Because they're Rockstar and can do whatever the fuck they want.

So I'll make a guess now that the trailer will state PS4+XBox One with no mention of PC just so they can keep up drama about it over the next year then close to release date they allow PC release to officially be announced as 3 months after console.
Given how well GTA5 turned out on PC, more time for QA might not be so bad once again especially if they're pushing engine tech some more.

Given how well GTA5 turned out on PC, more time for QA might not be so bad once again especially if they're pushing engine tech some more.
Yeah I understand that if anyone needs more time and resources for QA, it's Rockstar :rolleyes:

So first half of my assumption was right.

Red Dead Redeption 2 for Xbox One and PS4 means there will be PS4 Pro version and almost certainly a Scorpio version as well.

That's one way to think of it. But it's more like there's going to be a PS4 version and an Xbox version. Quality settings (textures, shadows, shaders, resolution, framerate, etc.) will be the only things that differ. It's not like there's going to be a PS4-P or Project Scropio version that is going to feature a radically different rendering path. Just like there will eventually be a PC version. And not a different PC version for Nvidia 10xx series, 9xx series, 7xx series, 6xx series and AMD 4xx series, 3xx series, 2xxx series, 7xxxx series, etc.

Regards,
SB

Back