Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

Maybe this title deserves two threads. One about the game and another for people to bitch and moan in for the next 50 years until it comes out.

People keep repeating that but if you only want to hear one opinion and be free of other people thoughts, read a blog, not a forum...

Pro SC : Look at this game it looks promising and will be amazing ! It's slowing getting there !
Others : It repeatedly misses its deadlines and there's no proof all those modules will make it into a coherent whole, meanwhile they are selling a dream...
Pro SC : I want to believe !

Pretty much faith vs scepticism at this point.

From my point of view ToTTenTranz posts are mostly not scepticisim. It is more like trolling.

Criticism is wanted and I can understand the disappointment about the fact that Squadron 42 was not shown.
I was also disappointed. But now I am more and more enthusiastic about the demo. The Inner Thoughts system and the Vision Stabilisation are making this game much more fluid. I like driving physics. Driving looks like fun.

Maybe this title deserves two threads. One about the game and another for people to bitch and moan in for the next 50 years until it comes out.

I once recommended the same.

People keep repeating that but if you only want to hear one opinion and be free of other people thoughts, read a blog, not a forum...

I would be more interesting to see what the people do not like about the demo. Many complain about the cockpit view of some ships. I have the same opinion. CIG should provide a better view on the Constellation Aquila.

Interesting pics
t3_572bzl

wxGslvf.png

The distances between the planets are only 1:10 compared to reality. The planets are also only 1:4 as big.

The first point is because they had to shortened the travel time. With 0.2 times the speed of light, it would take another day to reach an outer planet. The light needs 5,5 hours from the sun to the Pluto, which is only the radius. Such long journeys would not be fun for many players.

The second point. Otherwise gas giants would look much too huge with a 1:10 distance. It also facilitates hand crafted design of the planets. I have no problem with it as long as the objects still look gigantic.

No Mans Sky has no 1: 1 scale but Elite Dangerous. But they can fly with much more than the light Speed.

Last edited:
I haven't put any money into nonexistent spaceships so I get to enjoy all this delicious internet drama. It's great. And if the game comes out and is good I get to enjoy it too! It's a win win!

Not what I'm after actually, I'd just rather come to threads and find interesting and new information, not a constant stream of emotional vitriol. We get it, people spent money years ago on hopes and dreams and they just can't write it off as a bad decision on their part and let go.

I'm hardly a supporter of CIG. I've invested no money and I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone do the same largely for the same reasons that people keep repeating.

Yeah, it's a bit of a shame that it was an interesting demo to discuss if you aren't/weren't a serious backer or had the SQ42 demo expectations CIG set.

Hopefully the Around the Verse with the Frankfurt office will show a more interesting look at the editor than the live stream (Whenever that surfaces).

ToTTenTranz: I hope you will leave this thread when Squadron 42 will be released. Otherwise it would be very embarrassing after these posts.

Now they are developing in-house the most. Since a few months CIG is showing every week new stuff in Around the Verse.

Erin Roberts Interview: Edge Blending & Development Timelines: http://www.gamersnexus.net/gg/2639-erin-roberts-interview-citizencon-edge-blending

The problem is that ToTTenTranz and I aren't wrong. If SQ42 releases in 2017 that doesn't make us wrong because it was supposed to release in 2014 and then they released a trailer with 2016. So its already been delayed multiple times increasing development from 2 years to 4 years and now a 5th year. If it slips to 2018 then that adds a 6th year .

The game keeps pushing back raising more and more money. We are so far past the 500k mark at this point. This game was funded to the original funding goals hundreds of times over and even the revised we don't need money from any where else plan dozens of times.

You shove enough money at this thing and eventually it will come out. At some point they will launch a game but who knows when. What happens if 7nm cards start releasing and all the current assets look like crap compared to what can be done on 7nm cards with 16 gigs of ram and so on. Are they going to scratch everything again and rebuild for the umpteenth time ?

I'm a bit torn in that I think anyone who's thinking about backing should be made well aware of how poorly delivery stacks up again specific and implied promised and deadlines. On the otherhand, I'm well aware of those things and find such talk really boring. :)

Not what I'm after actually, I'd just rather come to threads and find interesting and new information

If you want a constant stream of pretty propaganda, nicely put together by a marketing team (which is what Jupiter does in this thread and I wonder if any forum rules are being broken here), you can go the game's website, developer blog and/or subscribe to their e-mail news.

Forums are for people to share their opinions. If the problem here is that you can't handle seeing opinions different than your own (i.e. you'd prefer a circlejerk), then I suggest you visit the games' own forums, where opinions like mine are censored by the mod teams all the time.

>If ... etc..

Well I don't, so the rest of your post is completely irrelevant. I've quite clearly stated what I think. If your anger is clouding your reading comprehension I suggest you calm down a bit and try again.

what size in mb are the low poly models you get to download and can you load them into another modelling program or even cryengine since thats what sc uses ?

Oh please do that. Tired of wading through the moaning.

Here:

If you want a constant stream of pretty propaganda, nicely put together by a marketing team (which is what Jupiter does in this thread and I wonder if any forum rules are being broken here), you can go the game's website, developer blog and/or subscribe to their e-mail news.

Forums are for people to share their opinions. If the problem here is that you can't handle seeing opinions different than your own (i.e. you'd prefer a circlejerk), then I suggest you visit the games' own forums, where opinions like mine are censored by the mod teams all the time.

You've shared your opinions over and over again. We understand and I agree with some of it. Forums purpose in that regard is fulfilled. Now leave the thread and if you need to repeat yourselves further, do so in your own dedicated thread please.

Back