Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

It's using a TAA solution, improving the AA over time. That's why some areas are high AA and some low.

Yeah, seems to be turned off or at least reduced in high contrast areas (hand against the cup). Which makes sense since these are the places you look for ghosting most of the time with TAA.

Last edited:
Is this something introduced in a recent patch? I don't recall this being the case at launch.

I don't have access to the physical version of the game, so I couldn't say. However, the resolution dips seem to be quite rare, and it could be the case that the dynamic resolution slipped by unnoticed.

Does it happen on PS4 even?

This shot (http://imgur.com/J9imbUx) shows the PS4 version running at 1920x1080 during a similar scene where the Xbox One was running sub-native. Unfortunately I don't have the Far Harbor dlc, so I can't test that area, although it's probably less taxing on the gpu now that they've toned down the fog effects.

Captured from xbox one:
Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

Multiplayer:
Screenshot-Original.png

Pixel counts indicate that conquest mode in Battlefield 1 on PS4 uses a dynamic resolution. The lowest and highest pixel counts found during regular gameplay were approximately 1100x620 and 1807x1014 respectively. There also appears to be a rare bug that causes the resolution to drop to an extremely low pixel count for a short period of time as can be seen here http://imgur.com/a/jHoB2. The lowest pixel count found during this drop is about 160x90.

Source

The effect in motion from the X1 version (from gaf)

Seems like their dynamic res is busted, didn't have any problems on PC.

Pixel counts indicate that conquest mode in Battlefield 1 on PS4 uses a dynamic resolution. The lowest and highest pixel counts found during regular gameplay were approximately 1100x620 and 1807x1014 respectively. There also appears to be a rare bug that causes the resolution to drop to an extremely low pixel count for a short period of time as can be seen here http://imgur.com/a/jHoB2. The lowest pixel count found during this drop is about 160x90.

Source

160x90...

1600x900....

So, pretty sure this is a typo bug if the res is dropped to actually 160x90, but I doubt that's the actual case. Would be funny, though.

160x90...

1600x900....

So, pretty sure this is a typo bug if the res is dropped to actually 160x90, but I doubt that's the actual case. Would be funny, though.

If you take a look at the captures linked, then it does look like it might actually be hitting 160 x 90 ...

As expected, the XB1 version is blurrier than the PS4 version. Despite the dynamic resolution, we are basically in a 720p/900p scenario.

Sometimes, i have the impression that dynamic resolution = unlocked framerate... i mean when you almost never reach the higher resolutions.

If you take a look at the captures linked, then it does look like it might actually be hitting 160 x 90 ...

I had when I made that post. Though, I didn't see the third capture which is definitely higher res than the first two, but still not very good(854x480? That'd be a much, much higher res but still piss poor for this day and age. It's also high enough to be actually legible and playable in most cases even if it looks like dogshit).

Back