Bioshock

With Eight Days and The Getaway just canned, maybe London Studio has some people working on this now, and not just EyeToy and SingStar games. ;)

As important as this game will be to the Sony platform (it is the game that puts me over-the-top when it comes to buying the PS3 in the coming months instead of years) I find it hard to believe that Sony would kill two games and allow devs to help 2K when 2K has all of the help it needs in house. I believe 2K San Francisco has the duty of recoding this game. Sure maybe they contracted some London PS3 first party devs but who knows.

As important as this game will be to the Sony platform (it is the game that puts me over-the-top when it comes to buying the PS3 in the coming months instead of years) I find it hard to believe that Sony would kill two games and allow devs to help 2K when 2K has all of the help it needs in house. I believe 2K San Francisco has the duty of recoding this game. Sure maybe they contracted some London PS3 first party devs but who knows.

The teams could be helping multiple projects, not just Bioshock.

Looking good. Poly count is decent to good, lighting and shading seem to be typical PS3 quality, the only negative that jumps out me is the low texture resolution, but that's to be expected.

Looking good. Poly count is decent to good, lighting and shading seem to be typical PS3 quality, the only negative that jumps out me is the low texture resolution, but that's to be expected.

The image is blurred in general. Perhaps to hide the aliasing

Aside from that, the game is still a great game. So if you got a PS3, run and get this game as soon as it out...I only wish for co-op...sigh...

Has anybody else had a problem with SAVES on Bioshock?

My understanding was that there is essentially no reason to save the game unless you really believed you did something significant outside of the vita-chambers and that any time you hit a vita-chamber, the game got saved automatically.

Well, I just had to re-do an entire level (shit, I think it's the second one???) because non of the vita-chamber saves registered when I loaded the game and hit 'continue'.

What a pain in the ass.

I thought maybe it might be due to a power outage that resulted in the saved games being recorded at a different time, but that wasn't the case.

I just had to re-do the entire second (?) level of the game, and it's ridiculous.

I turned the game off last night at the point where you finally get the shotgun and then all hell breaks lose, and when I turned the game back on today, I was back at the very beginning of the level before you get the machine gun or incinerate or anything else.

Talk about adding an hour or 90 minutes to the journey.

Well.. maybe they don't, but I'd worked myself up to that point just on the vita chambers, not ever 'saving' the game.

I thought the entire purpose was when you passed a vita chamber it automatically saved the game progress for you at that point.

That seemed to be the case up until now, but maybe the vita chambers only save the game progress as long as you actually keep playing and continue?

IE: They don't do a 'hard save' they only do a 'soft save' that only works as long as you keep playing?

So if you die, you return the game at the vita chamber spot, but if you quit the game, you don't return to the game from the last vita chamber spot, you return to the game from the last save point (if you saved and loaded) or from the last level save spot?

I dunno... the instructions aren't very clear about it, and I'm rather annoyed I had to go back and re-do an hour or two's worth of stuff.

Then again, it's probably my fault for thinking that the only reason to 'save' a game is because you made progress between the vita chambers.

As I remember it, the game only auto saves when you transition areas. I played through this on the 360, though. I plan a replay on the PC but haven't gotten around to it yet. So yeah, save if you are going to quit the game.

Yep I also think that vita champers are just checkpoints and you respawn to the nearest vita champer when you die, if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the replies, I believe that is the case. The game only autosaves between areas and vita chambers are only used for spawn points within areas.

I really wish I would have known that Tuesday. :)

Bought the Bioshock collection for th eps4 and am surprised that the original Bioshock looks pretty pretty good man ! :D
I had never properly played the first one althought played the demo almost innumerable number of times at that time. I was thinking this might look old now but boy the game looks super beautiful still. Gonna finish it this time, love the whole theme/mood.
infinite had a stellar story that literally made go jumping around the house telling the story to everyone. time to do that now with Bioshock 1 !

Glad to hear that it is worth it. Also so very funny to read my frustration with the save points from 8 years ago and having to redo an hours worth of game play, considering I've replayed the entire game multiple times now!

Back