FinFet GPUs being sold for much higher than MSRP: Market is finally stabilizing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
according to your link it's $299

I just clicked and it still shows $239.99 base price (no rebates, no special discounts), but the graphics card is now out of stock.
The Nitro+ is selling for $260 though, which is still a good value considering these cards seem to reach 1.4GHz quite often.

RX480 for $200 would be a huge winner. I hope it gets down to that.
Maybe when the rumored Vega 11 comes for $250?

I just clicked and it still shows $239.99 base price (no rebates, no special discounts), but the graphics card is now out of stock.
The Nitro+ is selling for $260 though, which is still a good value considering these cards seem to reach 1.4GHz quite often.

Maybe when the rumored Vega 11 comes for $250?
Even the 4GB RX480 is a steal at $200, it just isn't available as far as I can tell.

The 4GB RX480 was but a wrongful placeholder, IMO.
I like it. That class of card should be fine with 4GB for the next couple years IMO. If I were to build a new PC for my brother it would have a 4GB RX480 in it for $200 no doubt. For myself I'd want something more like a 1070 but ima wait until Volta to upgrade from my 970 or at least the Pascal refresh.

I like it. That class of card should be fine with 4GB for the next couple years IMO.

Oh I agree. It's just that the card effectively doesn't exist. The reference RX480 4GB with a $199 MSRP that AMD so enthusiastically used to spearhead Polaris' marketing material never actually existed in the stores AFAIK.
I said it was a wrongful placeholder (in what relates to AMD), not a wrong one.

Oh I agree. It's just that the card effectively doesn't exist. The reference RX480 4GB with a $199 MSRP that AMD so enthusiastically used to spearhead Polaris' marketing material never actually existed in the stores AFAIK.
I said it was a wrongful placeholder (in what relates to AMD), not a wrong one.
Right, I get it. I don't think they ever even made any 4GB 480s, just 8GB ones with 4GB disabled.

Back