No Man's Sky [PC]

So has everyone in here simply given up and stopped playing? Or are a few folks still enjoying it?

As I progress, I must admit it's awfully formulaic: enter solar system, land on planet or moon, grind in whatever way makes sense for said celestial body, learn some words of whatever race owns that solar system, repeat for remaining celestial bodies, and then move to a new solar system. In the meantime, get attacked by pirates, sentinels, and animals to keep you frustrated! :p

Speaking of pirates, there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to their attacks. Here's an example: I revived a 41-holds shipwreck, scrapped everything except for the five basic parts which you're not allowed to scrap (hyperdrive, pulse drive, launcher, the "blue" gun and the base shield), sold every isotope / mineral / whatever slots populated, further emptied my suit inventory, flew into space and eight ships attacked me en-route to the next planet. I did this exercise simply to prove the theory of pirates having no actual motive in the virtual dice-roll of deciding to attack.

Also about uniqueness: the same zinc, thamium and platinum plants apparently exist on every moon and planet in the known universe. A lot of the other actual biodiversity (as it were) isn't too far different, there's one very specific tyrannasaurus thing which seems to show up pretty often, although sometimes it's an aggressive herbivore, or a pensive omnivore, or some other silly combination of traits. One planet I found it actively attacking other animals which I found funny.

Still, I somehow find it interesting to play. I'm working my way up to the elusive 48-holds ship by way of scouring for shipwrecks. I'm not far off, and when I get there I'll load it up with all the warp drives and shields and guns and go hit up a few blue stars. I've been reading online the blue stars are where the "pretty" planets are hiding, but they require the highest level warp drive to get there. I would like to find out if this is true before I run for the end of the game and set it on the shelf forever :D

I'm playing very little anything while what is left of the British summer is still playing out. I will return to NMS though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm also playing but I am trying to get the level 3 atlas pass. It seems I have to survive on an extreme planet for x amount of time.

We've had some hot, sunny days, right into September. Yeah, the British Summer isn't as intense as many would like, but at least give it credit when it makes an effort! (personally I prefer the cooler summer to the 25+ degree days)

I'm a yank, so took me a sec to contemplate cooler summer as 25 degree day, you know with our feet and inches and miles and Fahrenheit :p It hit nearly 40c here today, while I mowed the lawn because it was too wet all last weekend.

Screw being outside in this heat; spring and fall is when I'm outdoors the most. Summer is for the dogs; I'll be in playing games thankyouverymuch.

I wouldn't mind hot weather here in the UK if we didn't have the awful humidity that goes with it. Sweat doesn't work!

So I found this extremely cold planet with even colder storms and I am having a blast now that it is somewhat perilous venturing outside. I am just skating round on my fully upgraded jet pack, collecting alien clusters (filled with radnox) and attacking sentinels for titanium and harvesting plutonium crystals so I can make lemmium to sell. Btw, there seems to be a bug where if the big sentinel comes and you kill all the robots, the alert level will stay at the max and no more sentinels will spawn which is annyoing because I need to farm them to make the sweet, sweet lemmium. If I reload the game (or just a save? haven't tried) the sentinels are back.

I also found a ship whose config enables me to connect all 4 warp engines together for full effect (it is a 28 slot which is fine), but I had to scrap my 3 warp engine upgrades so now I need iridium, aluminium and emeril (and those resonators) to make the last two.

So when I am done with the journey milestones for extreme livin' I'm off this rock and out to hunt for the stuff for the warp engines.

Interesting about the super-duper cold planet, I too ran into something very similar yesterday. I had been looking for Radnox to finish my multi-tool upgrades. In my particular case, it was floating bumpy orbs with flowing tenticles which I thought were animals. Turns out they're just rock, so I harvested one and TADA RADNOX! Now my multi-tool has enough firepower to basically "single shot" the little floating eye bastards, and about two seconds worth (no reload required) is enough to take down the two-legged walkers. Suck it, Sentinels. :)

About the "five star wanted level" thing for harvesting Titanium -- have you yet tried to leave the planet with all five stars in effect? All might be quiet on the planet surface, but your life in that star system is over once you leave the planet. First it throws two sentinel space fighters at you, then four or five, then seven or eight, then a sentinel capital ship warps in to apply the beatdown. I actually felt confident I could defeat the capital ship too, but realized it would just keep going forever and decided to leave to another star.

You mentioned ship upgrades -- have you been trolling for crashed ships using the little yellow laserbeam base station things? After visiting six or seven star systems (and probably two dozen planets) I was able to scrape together a maxxed out 48-hold ship. Further , I scrapped everything on the ship (except the five things you can't scrap) and then fully rebuilt it so all the like-items aligned / grouped correctly. If you want to REALLY move fast with this, I have a methodology you can try:

Sell off basically everything in your exosuit stash. Also empty out your ship, if feasible.
Find crashed ship
If the ship you've found is an upgrade then scrap everything in your own ship and then accept the move and transfer the goodies over during the move screen.
If the ship you've found is equal or a downgrade, accept the transfer, scrap everything from the crashed ship, then go back and re-accept your old ship and move it all over.

I now have two columns of the blue laser gun, a single column of shields, a column of warp drives, a column of pulse engines, the lander thing, and two columns of the green laser gun. Pirates have stopped being an issue, entirely :)

Good tip on the lesser ship and accepting it and then going back to the old better ship. I will try that, but I guess if I restart the game I will be stuck with the last accepted ship, right?

Good tip on the lesser ship and accepting it and then going back to the old better ship. I will try that, but I guess if I restart the game I will be stuck with the last accepted ship, right?
Yeah, whatever last ship you exited from is the one the game saves with. However, I always performed the scrap-and-swap in one fail swoop.

Another thing worth considering -- when you get into your "new" ship, scrap the stuff you're not going to keep or fix. I did a sort of "ship grind" where I was finding ship, getting ship, and immediately going looking for the next one. I was scrapping basically everything and then selling it all for space monies ;) which made me decent money while upgrading.

Also along those lines, while I was making my living as a salvage operator, I was selling at the ports which had the upgraded multitools. I ended up with a 48-port ship at almost the same time I ended up with a 24-slot multitool. And I have something absurd like $22M in my galactic bank account ;)

Wow, that's a lot. I had max 12 million credits and I bought this ship for 8 or so.

Is it just me, or is the boltcaster not worth it? I'm just juicing up the mining laser and 3 upgrades for the grenade (to blow up doors in operation centres and manufactories) and I can kill the sentinels or dangerous animals with ease. I also have a fully upgraded shield.

When I leave this planet (after the 10th extreme livin' journey milestone) I'm gonna jack up the bounty to full on sentinel hate and try to fight that capital ship. I have fully upgraded shields but my photon cannon isn't the best (I don't like the lasers for the ship, only for the multitool).

Can someone tell me what the hell button is discard supposed to be ?
iJI9oHe.jpg

That looks like mouse 3. The game is really designed for a controller,

Push down on the mouse wheel, that is usually the middle mouse button or mouse 3.

Yeah, third mouse button for me too. I've used it a lot. Maybe your mouse is too complicated? :D Do you use a remapper tool to allow an older joystick controller to function?

Ive tried doesnt seem to do anything
Bludd have you tried this or are you guessing ?
I've used it every time I've played.

Yeah, third mouse button for me too. I've used it a lot. Maybe your mouse is too complicated? :D Do you use a remapper tool to allow an older joystick controller to function?

Davros is, as we know, a tinkerer so yeah he probably has :)

Back