Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

I just get tired of using the same shit. Hung Jury was my PVE main for ages so I got tired of it. Of course I still keep it around. Now with wanting to keep best stuff equipped it's harder to have a broad arsenal again. If I've got to keep just one or two primaries leveled it probably wont be hung jury.

Cryptic is boring in PVE because 37/48 scouts are, but effective. Where I'm really loving in though is crucible. It seems like I never go negative with the thing.

I even used random Shadow Price that drops, whatever's highest light, keeps it entertaining in PVE. Hand Cannon and AR's and even Pulses aren't the best in PVE though.

Got a lucky 377 primary drop in crucible, hit 374 yesterday. Still didn't raid yesterday. Started the campaign on my hunter so I can get him going. The problem is the "Memory" artifacts require "attunement" to equip on alts. Plus my Jolder has horrendously bad stats (and I dont care about it in PVP) so it's not my highest artifact. I have the legacy or whatever to get one of the new three artifacts but didn't bother yet. Cant decide.

I'm trying to keep some Crota rep going in the background as my artifact starts to lag again. That 750 bounty seems impossible piggybacking on randoms. I wonder if I should delete it and will I get the other 2 again?

Holy smokes, you can get the daily PE rewards across 3 characters?? I'll be swimming in marks! That's almost OP. Palindrome, here I come.

although frankly, since TTK most of the time i just use Sword like almost 90% of the time. While the other 10% i use Sleeper Simulant + guns with explosion ammo.

Why sword?
1. Its nice to have 3rd person view
2. It make encounters feels lees claustrophobic
3. feels good to use
4. i have unlimited health, so i can just keep rushing with sword, and when low health i just revitalize. (grenade and slaps = heals me)
5. with my heavy ammo exploit active, i almost never ran out of heavy ammo.

Don't see myself ever letting go of my Hung Jury. Also cause of the name.

Neither do I but I keep a nice collection of all kinds of weapons with great/special rolls which give you an edge in certain situations or I just like to play around with.

Currently I have about 23 Scouts where I feel that maybe 2-3 are a bit redundant.

BTW, Hopscotch Pilgrim dropped yesterday with ORS,Rangefinder,Perfect Balance/Braced Frame/Smallbore, 3rd. Flexible and close to a god roll.

So I'm now 365 and I kinda feel a bit over it all over again. My warlock is at 364 even tho I haven't used it more than a few hours (gear from my titan etc). I could get that maxed out too, or do a Hunter. But not sure I have the energy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm it seems not many people know that destiny ammo perks is stackable?

In reddit people got awed by 12 shots sleeper stimulant. Albeit the max ammo is 15. Easily achieved with weapon and armor that both have ammo perk.

Doing that, one heavy ammo brick also fills 70%-100%. It's inconsistent, dunno why.

In PvP, one brick consistently fills 50% if I remember correctly.

I have not tried to stack the ammo perk with ruin wings tho.

@London-boy that is very high light level!

I'm still 360 light and I still have 2 pages of exotic and legendary engram in my vault. I can't decrypt them before I reach 365 :( (or is it 363? Bungie softcap in engram decryption is annoying)

Neither do I but I keep a nice collection of all kinds of weapons with great/special rolls which give you an edge in certain situations or I just like to play around with.

Currently I have about 23 Scouts where I feel that maybe 2-3 are a bit redundant.

BTW, Hopscotch Pilgrim dropped yesterday with ORS,Rangefinder,Perfect Balance/Braced Frame/Smallbore, 3rd. Flexible and close to a god roll.

I tried it, similar laser like roll, liked it at first but it's weaknesses quickly becomes apparent. It has a 1s time to kill, on the slow side, you'll notice. Plus, it's best at longer range, but at that point, why not use a scout? Especially Mida. I guess it will in theory maybe perform better up close than a scout, but eh. It's not super quick to ready up close like a Hawksaw either.

Still liking my crowd control/3rd eye/hand laid stock Cryptic Dragon. It too has the slower 1s TTK. It's not Mida, but I think it's the 2nd best scout I've tried to Mida. Although a good rolled Angels Advocate would probably top it.

Since I did well with that blue sidearm I got a new SA drop, The Wormwood, and I'm trying it. I definitely feel like there's synergy there with a scout, SA, and my playstyle. You learn how to use them together. Still, it's unlikely to be meta or anything. But I feel like scout/SA fits me.

BTW, I spent $5 to buy 15 crucible XP boosters. First time. I probably would have long ago except you could only buy a RNG box which forget that. It made me realize with the new level system built heavily around faction packages, basically yep it's a little bit pay to win. Also if you think about it, it might be WHY the system is built heavily around faction packages.

I'm thinking of maybe buying such that I'm NEVER playing any content without a corresponding rep booster on. In effect this will double your faction packages. This could add up to some money, I guess, if I were to do that.

Thinking just now as I write it, it might be best to do that just until 385/max light obviously. So you limit your spending to where it's effective. It feels a little expensive just after paying $30 for ROI, I felt better about the idea when I had gone like 6 months without putting a dime in the game, seems like great value then.

Last edited:
Hmm it seems not many people know that destiny ammo perks is stackable?

In reddit people got awed by 12 shots sleeper stimulant. Albeit the max ammo is 15. Easily achieved with weapon and armor that both have ammo perk.

Doing that, one heavy ammo brick also fills 70%-100%. It's inconsistent, dunno why.

In PvP, one brick consistently fills 50% if I remember correctly.

I have not tried to stack the ammo perk with ruin wings tho.

@London-boy that is very high light level!

I'm still 360 light and I still have 2 pages of exotic and legendary engram in my vault. I can't decrypt them before I reach 365 :( (or is it 363? Bungie softcap in engram decryption is annoying)
For some reason I couldn't answer your message today!! Booooo

Legendary engram cap at 365 so decrypt them now, and after 365 exo. ;)
Remember that light level of decrypt is base on your general light, so decrypt in first engram where you have the less light.
I'm 370 and my clan have take down raid, but personally no time actually for it, only go to say hello to Aksis in our first trial, maybe next week I'm saying him good-bye… And go for the long exo quest! ;)

Last edited:
Yeah the only way to get 365+ items are faction packages, exotic engrams, strike chests and raid / trials (and probably iron banner) drops.

The problem is to have a 365+ relic… Eris can give it but for me 3 ranks and 3 class item… May be in the raid…
In PvP you can have 365+.

Yeah, I ground Eris for my last artifact. It worked well as she dropped one in my first package. It's still time consuming. If you do all 3 of her weekly bounties you'll get 1500, so you'll have to get the other 1500 just from Court. I dread the day I do all that grind only to end up without an artifact from her package...somebody said they think about 75% she drops an artifact, another person said about 50%...

I just saw this apparently in the weekly update from Bungie

"Currently, our opinion is that Ghosts and Artifacts are dropping less frequently than intended, making it difficult for players to reach higher Light after 365. In the weeks to come, we’ll be investigating a solution that provides alternate max Light sources for these two slots. Additionally, when the Heroic Raid is released, many Activities and all Engrams will increase their maximum Light, making it easier overall to progress."

So as I kind of expected they're going to nerf the grind in the future, and all us working like hell right now are suckers. Oh well.

I'm 378 and STILL dragging my feet on the raid. Why raid again? I guess I do want Chaos Dogma...

I'm seeing a ton of fusions in crucible lately, either that new hot one I forget the name, or even a lot of telesto. Weird. I guess it makes some sense if more people have been driven off snipers.

Cryptic Dragon still bae. I notice it's hard to have really good games with it, it's so steady it rarely underperforms so you dont go negative, but I also dont see like, 17-6 games with it. It's always like, 13-10, 14-12, 12-14, right around 500. For better or worse I guess. Usually slightly over .500.

Oh I got a Nemesis Star. Seems cool I guess. Looks awesome. Not sure really how the different rates of fire really work, I mean I know how they work but I dont know if it has a crazy TTK in crucible if you feather it or something, my first guy I shot with it absolutely melted, since then haven't noticed as much. It's my random highest light heavy right now so I use it. It's fun just for the most part using whatever's highest light in heavy slot. All machine guns lately.

I've been using a few old non meta exotics in PVE lately if they're my highest light and, they're fun. Bungie does a good job buffing the non meta exotics to where they're still fun to use and good. Like Dragons Breath, the fire is nice, shoot fallen walkers with it and all his legs will boil in the fire like a crab, DPS for days. Super Good Advice, you basically dont have to reload it ever. I really noticed the difference and missed it when I switched to a legendary MG.

Last edited:
My partner went through that ridiculous process to get the Outbreak Prime 390 exotic. This is where Destiny proves to be unnecessarily silly. Half the time, the difficulty level is high not because it's actually 'difficult', but because of a mix of tediousness, abstractness and being grossly time consuming. But anyway, he got the gun, upgraded it and I must say it's a beautiful gun that is as close to cheating as it can get. I guess after that whole process, it makes sense to have a God Gun.

Last edited:
Yeah the Outbreak Prime quest is too much, mostly because you need 1 of each class to complete it. Add to that, it's not a short quest either. Even though I'm in a 'clan', it took a while to get everything done.

Got my first year 3 flawless earlier tonight. After going flawless, we played 10 more games on the same card in hopes of getting the new scarab equivalent emblem, and.... nothing. :( Buddy got it pretty early, other guy got the ToO sparrow. In year 2, I was fortunate enough to get the scarab emblem the first week they put it in the loot table, and it only took a few matches after flawless.

Edit: oh and the vendor palindrome hand cannon is an absolute beast. Best HC I've used since year1 hawkmoon.

Last edited:
Worth thing is that you need a code (that you can only google for, completely negating the 'difficulty' of a puzzle) and you need to input it at the same time as a team member. Just silly.

Worth thing is that you need a code (that you can only google for, completely negating the 'difficulty' of a puzzle) and you need to input it at the same time as a team member. Just silly.
I think it's a math puzzle, correct me if I'm wrong? We just googled it to make it easier. :)

Then you're lucky… 3 NFs, 4 chests strikes, zero artefact… But 20 strange's coins from NFs, thanks! :LOL:
6 nightfalls, no artifacts. Several strikes, rarely get a key, let alone an artifact from the chest. My only two 365+ artifacts were from the raid.

I had close to 1500 strange coin saved up (rarely spend them). Spent over 1000 of them for heavy synth and ranked up my dead orbit for packages. Went from having my 3 characters at 370-371 light to having them all at 380-381 light. Plus have a bunch of 380+ for infuse material.

With rise of iron raid puzzle :

Now I totally believe that DESTINY we play actually is a Vex simulation.

I mean, the puzzle obviously cannot be solved by guardians. It only can be solved by the players.

That in addition to : numerous invisible walls, more strike modifier, etc from the vanilla destiny to the taken king....

Makes me totally believe that destiny we play is not a real world in the game. But in the game story, destiny we play is just one of 227 vex simulation.

With rise of iron raid puzzle :

Now I totally believe that DESTINY we play actually is a Vex simulation.

I mean, the puzzle obviously cannot be solved by guardians. It only can be solved by the players.

That in addition to : numerous invisible walls, more strike modifier, etc from the vanilla destiny to the taken king....

Makes me totally believe that destiny we play is not a real world in the game. But in the game story, destiny we play is just one of 227 vex simulation.

Wait, what?

PSN: ddeiana

I had close to 1500 strange coin saved up (rarely spend them). Spent over 1000 of them for heavy synth and ranked up my dead orbit for packages. Went from having my 3 characters at 370-371 light to having them all at 380-381 light. Plus have a bunch of 380+ for infuse material.
That's interesting. So you don't use Three of coins?

Back