Trials Fusion [PS4, XO]

@sebbbi: thanks for your reply!

Maybe they never even considered that people could beat all those insane end levels so they never included a Platinum? :p

I know I'd never be able to beat all of them, unfortunately...But yes I was surprised to see that this game didn't have a Platinum, considering how much time, and insane skills you need to complete all tasks. If a game deserved a Platinum, it's this game. Hopefully their next trials will have one!

Just stick with it. :) I pretty much thought and felt the same when I reached the hard levels and failed to achieve golds (at that point, I wasn't even aware one could get platinum medals!). The secret is to just keep coming back to it and even if it isn't noticeable, your skills do get better. I'm still having quite a hard-time at some of the extremes, but I've reached a point where, apart from 1 or 2 obstacles per level, I find them rather easy to beat (easy = 10 to 30 faults). Not quite there yet in bringing it all together for the perfect zero-fault run just yet, but it's only a matter of time now.

The best thing is; now when I go back to the hard levels - the ones like Ice Breaker that I found impossibly difficult to get a gold medal for when I first reached them - they feel comparatively like easy levels now. Same applies to the extreme levels now that I've started chipping away at some community-designed Ninja levels. They just don't feel that "impossible" anymore.

It takes a while to realize that and I promise you, if you go back to it more often, you will find that your skill will have improved. Best advice I can give: Don't focus on the levels you are having difficulties with (in your case, the extremes) - play the DLCs, play hard level community ones, chip away at Ice Climb every now and then, go back and start getting those platinum levels and I promise, every now and then when you do go back to the levels you are stuck with, you will notice how much your skill will have improved.

And prior to last year, I never even played a Trials game.

PS: This Youtube channel has helped me in difficult times or to overcome difficult obstacles: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgCrEypu1g9MqJL9XVXtEeQ

Hey @sebbbi why is this trick allowed? Not gonna complain though as I have already used it to beat some hard levels myself...

s8VviEj.jpg
Didn't notice this question earlier...

The "fender hook" was originally a "bug" ("feature") in Trials HD. We wanted to allow the bike to climb up very steep upwards slopes that nobody could ride in real world, and also make the game easier to beginners. So we altered how the engine<->wheel physics worked. Normally when you accelerate, the bike front wheel rises very easily from the ground. There are two reasons for this: A) The linear velocity vector originated from the back wheel<->ground contact point is not going through the center point of the bike mass. B) The back wheel angular acceleration causes opposing force to the bike body (physics law = all forces have equal opposite force). This back wheel rotation force was hacked to be one directional, so it didn't cause opposing force back to the bike body. However the bike wheel stores this force in its rotation (it rotates quickly). When you hit the brakes, the wheel stops quickly and transmits its rotational force back to the bike body, causing the bike to start rotating forwards. Because the backwards rotating force was eliminated (to make the game play better), the end result is that repeatedly accelerating / braking causes the bike to slowly rotate forwards.

This image actually shows an variation of the same trick. It is made possible because the bike tires have extraordinary friction. Playability won over physical reality :)

I wrote a better explanation in the original Trials forums, but I don't know where it is now in the Ubisoft forums.

We didn't want to remove this "bug" in Trials Evolution, because many user generated content levels (mostly ninja-levels) exploited this trick a lot. Same thing really for Trials Fusion. See this video for an example:
[

How many people are still playing this superb fun game? I am playing it right now, my best childhood's friend is playing it on his account using my console -he has the X360 but not the One yet- and trying to beat my times. :D

I remember playing Trials HD in the Xbox 360 days and having a legendary rivalry with him and a cousin of his over who made the best time. His cousin was like "How did you make this? And that? :D You bast** , I am going to beat you", and so on and so forth.

I noticed he got a Donkey something motorbike in Trials Fusion, and I didn't have that, never seen it, and an unicorn like thingy, which I also hadn't seen back in the day.

I had fun playing it for a bit but I don't have the skills or patience to really excel at the game and do the harder levels.

I had fun playing it for a bit but I don't have the skills or patience to really excel at the game and do the harder levels.
you are like me in that sense. My best friend is a natural at games, and he started playing the other day, he has already beaten a few records of mine after a couple of hours playing, after getting the Roach.

I am a decent player at Trials Fusion but it got to a point where I couldn't make it. I actually like and prefer the levels that are doable but hard to master, (those have a LOT of substance) :smile2: just before the ones where you must become a guru to start beating them.

Sebbi,

Can we get the next trials game to be simple again. The last one seemed a bit "too much" if that makes sense. The weird story line. Too many different attempts and themes and environments. etc.

Trials HD's straight forward approach is what made it so good.

Sebbi,

Can we get the next trials game to be simple again. The last one seemed a bit "too much" if that makes sense. The weird story line. Too many different attempts and themes and environments. etc.

Trials UHD if you will ;)

Sebbi,

AFAIK sebbbi (get it right!) is no longer with Red Lynx but set out to do his own thing.

I do agree though. Fusion is fine, but just seems messy compared to the previous game. This unicorn stuff (which is the latest DLC for Fusion I believe) looks dreadful. It would be nice if Trials Evolution made it to backwards compatability on the One, so I could replay it.

I am new to the whole franchise and just started playing Fusion. Love it and didn't mind the story line or the messy themes. I do however feel that the levels from the original game are better than the ones you get on the DLC. While I like the necessary skill required to complete those levels, some of them just seem to be a bit over-the-top with what is happening around (like the battlefield etc). I won't attempt mention the unicorn thingy, that one is just way too much and should never have made it into the game IMO.

AFAIK sebbbi (get it right!) is no longer with Red Lynx but set out to do his own thing.

I do agree though. Fusion is fine, but just seems messy compared to the previous game. This unicorn stuff (which is the latest DLC for Fusion I believe) looks dreadful. It would be nice if Trials Evolution made it to backwards compatability on the One, so I could replay it.
It made..

Back