Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Wow, I haven't played Destiny since The Dark Below expansion. Now progression sounds like a ridiculously convoluted piece of horseshit.

I guess I'll just wait for D2 and start fresh.

Wow, I haven't played Destiny since The Dark Below expansion. Now progression sounds like a ridiculously convoluted piece of horseshit.

I guess I'll just wait for D2 and start fresh.

It's convoluted since TTK expansion. Basically you need to wear highest stuff you have before cashing engrams or killing boss.

Well I tried LFG to farm Omni and it was a clusterfuck and wasted a bunch of my time for no gain (the few times it worked the blues didn't help me, switching to my hunter was a pain etc). I said screw that.

I shoulda tried the raid with that time instead. Oh well, I'm about outta time til tuesday. Maybe get another hour or so tonight to play.

I already see youtubes of people beating the final raid boss. Mtashed did it at 366 light.

I could probably force myself to 365 ish right now with faction packages using heavy synth, that would just use up most of my coins, so I dunno. I'd rather get to 365 using blues and save the coins/packages for the 365-385 grind...but I'm not really sure any of it matters. The raid might be the way to go post 365, who knows.

Finished up today 363. Still saving a few exotic engrams and 500 coins. Need a new artifact bad again, it's 357.

Last edited:
Beat the raid going in blind without watching any videos with my group. It took several hours (mostly at the final boss) with breaks in-between but we finally beat it. The last boss requires just as much coordination and communication as Oryx I think. It's pretty mechanically heavy and requires a lot of communication and quick decision making. Without spoiling anything, a lot of the issues we had was a lack of communication, then a lack of DPS. Our group was mainly low-mid 360s and one guy was at 374 or something. The enemies you fight at the last boss are recommended 380 light.

Speaking about the raid as a whole, all I can say is WOW... what an experience. I think I said this about Kings Fall the first time, but this is my favorite raid in Destiny and the best gaming experience I've ever been apart of. It is quite different than any other raid or activity in Destiny and it was very rewarding and fun. This is why I love Destiny and why it's my favorite game of all time.

Edit: oh and if anyone was curious as to what loot I received, I got boots, fusion rifle, 2 rocket launchers and the scout rifle. Honestly, the weapons look pretty meh, but the armor looks very nice from what I've seen so far. The only interesting looking weapon is the auto rifle, which has a firefly perk. Two of my buddies got it.

Kind of disappointed that I only went up a few light levels after doing the raid. It doesn't appear to be as easy as TKK to level up.

Edit2: Watching some twitch streamers play, it looks like our team was on a better pace for the majority of the raid, but we took breaks and our light levels were much lower than most streamers (probably because they basically play video games on screen for a living). Plus streamers had the advantage of viewers giving them hints whereas we did not, and they did not try to look for hidden chests (we ended up finding 2).

Last edited:
I gave up on the 2nd encounter. We are around 340-355 and the battle is

Much easier than nightfall.

Yup. I was surprised it was that easy. But the mechanic is an ass.

It does have more freedom than taken king raid. Although not as free as vog

That raid scout is apparently a beast, because it has some plus impact barrel perk, it can tip over to 50 body damage and I forget head, but it can 1 head 2 body kill. Even better, it can 4 shot body kill (most guardians anyway). Especially on Xbox there's nothing like that. It may not be that great but being a scout guy, I'd love to try it.

My ROI mini-review

Story: Good narrative, good mission design. A little short though. Too little missions after the story though.

PvE: The plague lands are not great, too linear. I don't like the amount of travel to get from one zone to the next and how small they are. Archon's Forge is a joke. The drops to start them are too rare and the rewards are non-existent. The CoO or CoE is much better IMO. The use of keys to get in is dumb, they are not a good mechanic in general.

PvP: Supremacy.. ugh. Don't like it. It's like ADD crucible. Everyone is moving all the time, spawns are all over the place. The tactics consist solely of 'stay in the pack'. I hope people go back to other modes soon, I'm tired of HCs and shotguns. Rewards are nice, but now the pressure to have high light equipped is real.

Other: The grind is back. Getting light levels is a big pain thanks to some 350+ bottleneck they made. Heroic strikes are the best way to get stuff, but they can be a pain with the wrong burn. Then you are doing it mostly for blues. Skeleton keys are so rare the chest at the end are just a tease.

Raid: Don't care, I will never see the gear or do the raid. Unlike pre-ROI, we are back to the have and have-nots due to the raid. I liked it when solo players could be just as effective as others. Those days are gone.

Overall it's a B, Taken King was a A-.

The raid have much less freedom than crota and vog :(

At least from what I played in the first two boss encounter.

At first the first encounter feels almost exactly like VoG opening vault door. Complete with the pre determined special enemy spawns, the only enemy that can "take down" your efforts to built the "spire".

But the arena design of RoI raid and the amount of enemy destroyed the freedom.

My ROI mini-review

Story: Good narrative, good mission design. A little short though. Too little missions after the story though.

PvE: The plague lands are not great, too linear. I don't like the amount of travel to get from one zone to the next and how small they are. Archon's Forge is a joke. The drops to start them are too rare and the rewards are non-existent. The CoO or CoE is much better IMO. The use of keys to get in is dumb, they are not a good mechanic in general.

PvP: Supremacy.. ugh. Don't like it. It's like ADD crucible. Everyone is moving all the time, spawns are all over the place. The tactics consist solely of 'stay in the pack'. I hope people go back to other modes soon, I'm tired of HCs and shotguns. Rewards are nice, but now the pressure to have high light equipped is real.

Other: The grind is back. Getting light levels is a big pain thanks to some 350+ bottleneck they made. Heroic strikes are the best way to get stuff, but they can be a pain with the wrong burn. Then you are doing it mostly for blues. Skeleton keys are so rare the chest at the end are just a tease.

Raid: Don't care, I will never see the gear or do the raid. Unlike pre-ROI, we are back to the have and have-nots due to the raid. I liked it when solo players could be just as effective as others. Those days are gone.

Overall it's a B, Taken King was a A-.
Agreed about the grind after 350. Its so grindy afyer that that i basically feel like workimg and instead went and completed rule book assignments to get thw days of iron armour set. Doesnt help woth light but atleast there si some sense of achievement. Grinding the 350 strikes with burns is too damn long and slow for levelling up.

But i love supremacy. Super high agililty and clncemtration mode, gives me that Dark souls/Bloodborme high :D ! I enjoy that a lot ! Both team based and Rumble supremacy. Love the mode.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

The raid have much less freedom than crota and vog :(

At least from what I played in the first two boss encounter.

At first the first encounter feels almost exactly like VoG opening vault door. Complete with the pre determined special enemy spawns, the only enemy that can "take down" your efforts to built the "spire".

But the arena design of RoI raid and the amount of enemy destroyed the freedom.
Yea, my thoughts too. I saw a rundown of the raid by a youtuber last night and it felt so specific and choreographed that honestly i lost my excitement to try it out. I will rry it out someday when i am 365 but lets say i am not dying for it anymore. I can already see ppl getting frustrated and pressure on everyone while playing it.
Where's the fun gone from raids? This one seems another step ahead of TTK raid. Maybe iw ill like it when i play it as i like chaotic fast fights, but the description seems ....meh.

Bungie did showed it as their promise though. RoI raid does have more freedom than taken king raid.

Not as free as vog though :(

My guess: vog was made long before bungie themselves understand what they really want to do in a raid. Thus resulting in much freedom for the players

The last couple expansions I've not had much desire to do the raid early. I'd rather level and let people figure it out a little.

I dunno though, in Kings Fall I always felt a step behind since I jumped in so late, and maybe that's why?

Reddit finally has a good level guide. Mainly it taught me there's a "wall" at 365 (stuff will only decrypt 1-2 higher (or lower seems) instead of up to 5). But then after, it gets easier again. Thank goodness because those last couple levels to 365 were brutal. Now I'm comparatively flying through them though, almost 368. I could go higher but I'm kinda stingy with my dwindling exotic engram stash.

Frack, getting back on my hunter will be another pain, cause I gotta do the whole campaign...and leveling is such a chore again it feels hard to even give up a level or two in the class transfer. I want to do it though, I almost have the 20k PVE kills on my Titan and at that point I wanna switch back to hunter for a good while, I miss it. Also REALLY want those double skip exotics already seeing a ton in crucible. And it's like HEY, I was a bladedancer before it was cool!

One good side effect though is the next IB should be pretty easy ground, there should be a lot of lower level people since leveling is so hard. Assuming Bungie doesn't patch it first.

The system really doesn't seem well thought out, for example the gateways of Shells and Artifacts, and such narrow ways to get them, doesn't seem like they thought about it at all. I feel like they'll patch it to make it easier, and all us who worked will have wasted our time.

Man, the more I play crucible, I mean, there's not another gun that comes close to Mida. Not close. I just dont get how people dont accept it as the unquestioned champ. It just craps all over the Hawksaw class pulses. It just factually does. And every other gun in the game too, basically.

I was using a stupid blue sidearm cause it was my highest light, and doing pretty well with it. I think it's the slow firing type, which I abandoned cause they allegedly have a slower TTK. But I think maybe the tradeoff is they're much easier to control? Whatever the case I'm intrigued by sidearms again.

Last edited:
People don't accept that Mida is the unquestioned champ, because it is not the unquestioned champ. ;)
It simply does not work with all play-styles and weapon combinations... it's as simple as that.

After beating the raid a second time, I take back in saying that it's my favorite raid. I mean I still think it's good, but VoG is still probably my favorite raid.

The raid is also quite short and actually simple if you're high enough level and can do enough DPS.

Mechanically it's not as hard as Oryx on second thought either, but it does require more communication. I see the most struggles with raid groups will come down to a lack of communication at the end boss. If you can nail that down, it's really not hard.

After the most recent weapon tuning, it appears as if Bungie has killed snipers. Even twitch streamers who are well known for sniping exclusively have switched to shotguns.

im still sticking with sniper :D because its the only weapon i have with surplus (i need it to make heavy ammo spawn).

People don't accept that Mida is the unquestioned champ, because it is not the unquestioned champ. ;)
It simply does not work with all play-styles and weapon combinations... it's as simple as that.

Theoretically...I think they're all just biased.

It's just 99% of video game players have severe ADD and/or are less than 26 years old. Thus, they dont know how to do anything but rush. They think there is no other way to play the game. But, there is. I feel like all the twitch streamers fall in that category too. I noticed it with triplewreck onetime, somebody asked him to use a scout and he picks the fastest firing archetype. Because IMO that's basically a slow AR. These guys dont know what to do if they're not jumping around, rushing, and spamming bullets every second.

Personally I think if the elite would give up their biases and choose Mida, it would completely dominate all tournaments. It just takes somebody to do it.

Also, go on Guardians GG, Mida is more used than anything in every mode, yet people dont even mention it in the meta.

Personally it's easiest for me to compare it to hawksaw, since they're both rifles. Here's how they compare: Hawksaw is worse at everything, unbelievably slow to kill in comparison, and completely useless at 90% of the space in the game (everything beyond 20 yards). You might as well throw spitwads at them beyond 20 yards, you aren't going to kill them. Oh, I forgot to mention all the maps in this game are extremely long range. All of them. Except Drifter. And it's debatable.

Ok that's (slight, maybe) hyperbole, but damn. It's night and day going between the two and I just dont see how people put them as equals. Hawksaw only can seem good if you're coming from a non-Mida weapon. That's the only way in my experience. Yeah, if I use a hand cannon or slow pulse or something, hawksaw seems good. But that's only because those are even worse.

Like I said, just one enterprising elite player needs to stop the rush only mentality and use it in competitive play, it'd be over.

Grasp of Malok does seem better than Hawksaw, I just got it and I'm still exploring it.

The new Mida archetype vendor legendary scout I picked it up, angels something, it's terrible too I think maybe. Mag sucks (14, 12 with smallbore), stability is bad...ick. Sadly, so far I think I am stuck with Mida again in ROI. Maybe with a good roll it could be something but, like every non gunsmith, non crucible I guess now, and non IB gun, good luck getting a good roll ever. There's no way to farm them.

Also I dont think sniping is dead...I'm sure in Trials it will still dominate, in Supremacy it wont, surprise surprise...

But yeah they do seem much easier to take on, which is great, they are so annoying. So are shotgun sliders.

Last edited:
Around 350 I ran some Heroic Strikes until mid 35x, then switched to Omnigul/320 from the selector(important) which is the best way to level up as it drops up to 365 blues. If you run into a group which wants to farm, even better(Hunter+2 Stormcallers+GH was the most effective). I'm 364-365 on all 3 chars now.

Haven't even touched the Forge yet and without some comments and videos about it I would have never noticed the place. Ran through there 2-3 times for patrol/missions and thought it might be some space for the Raid which I didn't try yet.

I don't like the new Wretched Eye strike at all. In the Heroic version with Arc-Burn it's hit or miss with a high level of frustration during the awful boss-fight. You die extremely fast with almost no protection. In one strike the whole team died more than 5 times there and people just left after a while. I don't want to think how this will be with void. IMHO the worst designed boss fight by far.

I'm actually really concerned how the new Sepiks Perfected and Summoning Pits play in a NF. Both I mostly winged them in the Heroic as they feel so chaotic. I saw no real approach to them than just surviving as you're permanently hit somehow. All the old strategies seem to be dead now and solo is hardly possible.

I'm permanently under low Marks pressure and have to run all dailies+public events to get through a day which wastes my potential to do much lately. So I ran Supremacy Rumble yesterday and won my first freaking Rumble match in my most hated Crucible map, Thieves' Den.

Couldn't believe it as I'm not good in Rumble as a 10+ kills player than a 20+ one and usually only play it when I need Marks. Supremacy seems to change the dynamic for me but I'm sure that's only temporary. With a Stormcaller(Mida,old DO Fusion and a LMG) so surely not even a good Rumble setup.

The Vault situation is a major catastrophe which completely limits my game enjoyment. I can't even open weapon rewards because they either force me to delete a great old weapon where I can't even decide what I can afford to dismantle anymore or I infuse a new weapon without taking it on a run first. The stupidity at Bungie for this inexcusable.

My Khvostov is melting everyone in crucible. I have never been good at it and now i am seeing myself in top three players [emoji14] lol ! The gun just melts guardians, i only lose an encounter if its 2 or 3 vs me. If its 1 vs me, with Khvostov its guaranteed i will be the one left alive !
A PvE guy enjoting PvP so mich, such a surprise!

Personally it's easiest for me to compare it to hawksaw, since they're both rifles. Here's how they compare: Hawksaw is worse at everything, unbelievably slow to kill in comparison, and completely useless at 90% of the space in the game (everything beyond 20 yards). You might as well throw spitwads at them beyond 20 yards, you aren't going to kill them. Oh, I forgot to mention all the maps in this game are extremely long range. All of them. Except Drifter. And it's debatable.

So much wrong. Mida has a slower TtK than Hawksaw, I've corrected you on this before. Pulses have a much better effective range than 20m, probably double that easy. 20m is not even max HC range and PR are better than ARs which are generally better than HC. It doesn't matter how large the maps are, it depends on the range of engagements. Sure you can sit back with the Mida on the fringe of the battle and do well, But remember I can put out my Jade Rabit and shoot you from further away (94 vs 58 range) and have a better TtK to boot. So Mida is not the best weapon, it is just and easy one. Great reload speed 3rd eye and 90 AA makes it an easy mode gun. BTW go head to head with a overflow Tlaloc, let me know how well the Mida does.

My Khvostov is melting everyone in crucible. I have never been good at it and now i am seeing myself in top three players [emoji14] lol ! The gun just melts guardians, i only lose an encounter if its 2 or 3 vs me. If its 1 vs me, with Khvostov its guaranteed i will be the one left alive !
A PvE guy enjoting PvP so mich, such a surprise!

Is this your first 2/100 AR?

Back