Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

Direct feed screens from the Ps4 version

horizon-zero-dawn-screen-01-ps4-eu-13jun16

horizon-zero-dawn-screen-02-ps4-eu-13jun16

horizon-zero-dawn-screen-06-ps4-eu-13jun16

horizon-zero-dawn-screen-04-ps4-eu-13jun16

https://psmedia.playstation.com/is/...en-05-ps4-eu-13jun16?$MediaCarousel_Original$
https://psmedia.playstation.com/is/...en-03-ps4-eu-13jun16?$MediaCarousel_Original$

IQ looking sharp

Edit: Also a live demo from EGX

Last edited:
Even good old PS4 version looks beautiful, the foliage density in this game is crazy. I really can't wait to see the HDR version in person, imagine everything looks so much more vibrant, brighter and with eye popping highlights.

What impresses me the most is the quality of the art. The detail and style of the models are truly beautiful

My friend working in retail had a meeting this weekend with presentation of future games for retail manager.

Last build of FF XV run pretty good on base PS4 but the most impressive game was Horizon Zero Dawn on a PS4 Slim... And he saw Zelda on Wii U...

Last edited:
Yeah I don't expect FFXV to look nearly as impressive as Horizon ZD by any means. Hope to get some high res HDR files so people with 4k HDR sets can view them properly.

Well no... Tallnecks walk totally different. They completely move both right legs, and then left legs. I have no clue how they maintain their balance.
wow, didn't notice that before. What a major oversight on the part of animators.

Well no... Tallnecks walk totally different. They completely move both right legs, and then left legs. I have no clue how they maintain their balance.

Probably inertia due to their weight distributed through their whole height.

It works on giraffes once they are walking at a certain speed. That robot was walking to slowly for it to have enough inertia to fight several seconds of inbalance. Specially considering a giant metal robot is probably heavier than flesh and bone.

Finally saw the Pro version in person at Pax AU today, the HDR was really lovely, much more pronounced than UC4's in fact, colors were also very vibrant. One thing I noticed was the textures were so much sharper or higher res compared to the OG version as the dude cycled them over. I think it might be due to the 4k checkerboarding but I do have a feeling the texture res was on a higher setting tho. But honestly HZD was easily the most impressive HDR Pro enabled game I've seen yet, the vast scale, draw distance, object density, volumetrics and lighting looked breathtaking in person.
HDR on
TTPab1.jpg

HDR off
KffITe.jpg

I think the texture detail shows up better partly because that's where you lose most in non-HDR situations due to too small contrast differences. Didn't they mention this here and there before?

Back