Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion Archive [2016 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cerny said the new controller reduces latency a bit when plugged into the PS4. The way he said it sounded like it was exclusive to the new controller but I'm not sure. Anyone know?

Cerny said the new controller reduces latency a bit when plugged into the PS4. The way he said it sounded like it was exclusive to the new controller but I'm not sure. Anyone know?
Yes it is exclusive to the new controller but the difference is impossible to notice anyways

The triggers are also a different color and there is a thin line above the touchpad that allows the light bar to shine through so you can see its color without having to tilt the controller.

Personally I always have enough with the reflection on my clothes and hand.

Personally I always have enough with the reflection on my clothes and hand.
This is how I now imagine you dress when you game:

suit1.jpg

Eh, the DR1 remaster ain't too bad between Xbone and PS4. They're quite close. DR2's remaster, on the other hand... Hoooooo boy.

Digital Foundry analyses Forza 3 Horizon running at 4k and 60 fps, and the result is so impressive. I wonder how the game is going to look on Scorpio at 4k and presumably 60 fps.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-forza-horizon-3-at-4k60-is-breathtaking

It's not going to be 4K and 60fps on Scorpio without using upscaling or sacrificing quality vs the XBO version. It's taking a Titan XP and 6700k on the PC to achieve that. Scorpio's GPU is probably only a little over half that speed and it's CPU much less than half if it's still using Jaguar/Puma.

It'll likely be 4K 30fps on Scorpio. Expecting 4K 60fps is pushing 8x the pixels and doubling cpu requirements. FH3 on Scorpio is probably memory bandwidth bound even with 320-329.9GB/s unified memory as well also preventing 4K 60fps in this game.

It's not going to be 4K and 60fps on Scorpio without using upscaling or sacrificing quality vs the XBO version. It's taking a Titan XP and 6700k on the PC to achieve that. Scorpio's GPU is probably only a little over half that speed and it's CPU much less than half if it's still using Jaguar/Puma.
How do you demonstrate that? Scorpio is a console and games will be optimised as such. I still expect 4k at least, and most probably 60 fps for Forza Horizon on Scorpio.

Plus Doom is probably going to run at 4k and 120 fps on Scorpio...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back