The Last Guardian (Trico, Ico 3, Shadow of the Colossus sequel, etc.) [PS4]

There's no amount of tweakin' and pinpin' that will make what is essentially a overly ambitious ps3 game look next-gen when it finally comes out on ps5.
yeah,
I said it.

It's just delayed to december. DON'T PANIC! And always carry a towel.

There's still a chance it will come out this year.

c89a214708211c988c0cca2bb46798b3.jpg

I suspect you could make a great non-fiction book and subsequent movie out of the tale of this game's development. Like, maybe even amazing.

I heard they're changing the title to "The Forever Guardian".

I suspect you could make a great non-fiction book and subsequent movie out of the tale of this game's development. Like, maybe even amazing.

Nothing like Half Life 3 though.
The HL2 Ep.2 is now further away from today than Ep.2 was from HL1 when it released.

Only if the game end up being great. I do think it will be, or at least I expect the fans will like it. This game is very much fan service, just like the Crash remasters. Shuhei said the project wouldn't have been revived without the fans insistence.

The problem is all the people who seem to think every time there's a delay it means they are owed a game 10 times better than Uncharted 4 (the multiple gaf threads are crazy right now). Because it was delayed? Delays means production problems. Cancellation means focus groups pointed to an unprofitable model. We can already expect this game will be polarizing because of the gameplay with a stubborn A.I. by design. They talked about it as one of the reason to cancel it, in addition to the technical issues they had on PS3.

Once it comes out, I hope the mods will prevent those who didn't buy the game from posting. I can smell the trolling coming up. (dramatization) LOL!! it has xx% on metatomatocritics!!! You're wrong because tomatometathing is xx%!!! Look at the PCMasterRace review!!! LOL!!! But it has a 10/10 from I.fucking.love.trico.com!!!

will be interesting if they give a talk about their problem and how to tackle it. Like what bungie has done via their GDC presentations and a few toned-down version in their youtube channel.

http://kotaku.com/i-played-the-last-guardian-for-45-minutes-1786655130
I can definitely say it will be one of the most unusual titles to hit the PS4 this year. What I played of The Last Guardian was at times frustrating and at other times fascinating, both due to Trico, the game’s bird-dog AI companion.
So far most reviews are saying similar things about the first 45 minutes. This is going to be a weird game specifically because of the A.I.

I can't see anyway for this game to make money for Sony, there is no way this game sells more than 3million copies and I bet they need 5million+ to break even.

I can't see anyway for this game to make money for Sony, there is no way this game sells more than 3million copies and I bet they need 5million+ to break even.
They probably already got their money back. People have bought PS3s, PS4s and after the latest delay they will buy PS4s Pro to play this game. 2.5 generations of Playstation. Maybe 3.5, who knows what the future holds? :mrgreen:

I think we all know the way this'll end. Some people will adore it, and declare it the best game ever made, as it gives them more of what they love about the previous Team Ico games. The rest of the world will shrug their shoulders, and say it's basically Ico, but with a big dog in it (which may be unfair, but ya know).

The gameplay videos do scream Ico at me. The look, the puzzles, the movement, all very Ico-ish. At least it doesn't have those bloody shadow monsters in it.

Let's face it, this will not sell well - it looks like anyone who liked Ico/SotC will like this. They will adapt to the controls and enjoy it for the journey and experience it will be, let's face it, the other games had control and camera issues so it's nothing new to them.

Frankly I'm shocked that there's a special edition - I (of course) have it on pre-order, but I'll be surprised if they don't end up litterally giving those away which is a real shame.

There are people who hate RE4 that it doesn't let you move, people who dont play MGS becuase the controls are difficult for them, people who thought SOTC was boring,lonesome, barren and cumbersome. People who thought the girl in iCO was thw worst thing in the game.
Just like every game which does not follow the norm, thsi will also have tons of people who dont like it. It is made for people who want a different experience from the mainstream gaming releases. It is only them who will like it.

Just hoping i have a great time with it.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Back