What Anime are you watching now?

Oh yes, it does get better. Basically the main male protagonist is very smart and use his smartness to maneuver around the battlefield. And it isn't all happy.

Mob Psycho, Alderamin, Taboo Tattoo and a bunch of continuation like Arslan, Soma, etc.
By your nickname, I assume you have already watched Rouroni Kenshin's anime. I enjoyed the series (I even made a costume and cosplayed as Kenshin), but I didn't like some things at the end...

As for Utena... well, today I saw the last episode, and...

What. The...

Has anybody else watched the whole series and is willing to discuss the story?

I still feel I don't understand everything. The worst thing is that I'm not even sure I'm supposed to understand everything, haha.

I've watched Utena long time ago and all I remember is the strangeness (in a good way). If you've watched the series (and you like it) then you should watch the movie. It is a retelling, thus different. Still strange.

I watched
Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise

on Blu-ray a couple of days ago. Incredible visuals and pretty interesting story...

I must say that another good anime was kono suba which is getting another season, or so I heard. Also the upcoming anime Hand Shakers has an excellent art and concept

I must say that another good anime was kono suba which is getting another season, or so I heard. Also the upcoming anime Hand Shakers has an excellent art and concept
Konosuba was pretty funny. The animation also pretty expressive despite pretty limited

Watching again Fullmetal Alchemist (first anime), and I will watch Heroic Age. Any opinions on the latter?

I personally like anime in space, especially if it involves traveling in space, so I like Heroic Age. I don't really remember about it tho, so probably not a standout mech anime like Evangelion/Rahxephon/Gundam/TTGL/etc.

Bog order is a big joke

I personally like anime in space, especially if it involves traveling in space, so I like Heroic Age. I don't really remember about it tho, so probably not a standout mech anime like Evangelion/Rahxephon/Gundam/TTGL/etc.

The crest of the stars, banner of the stars is an excellent space oriented series, but it focuses more on character interaction particular between the main characters.

Still rewatching FMA. However, I recently watched Ranma and I wanted to share my opinion on it: annoying.

So fucking annoying!

Although I like humour and crazy stuff, this anime crosses the line: the same stupid situations repeat over time and it's so exhausting. Like, no matter what happens, Akane blames Ranma for it, and he doesn't even care to explain things properly. Also, that fucking perverted old man who even tries to kill Ranma but after that all is ok and he keeps living in the Tendo's house, as if nothing happened. It pissed me off so bad (I only kind of liked him when he moaned like a little child). Also, Akane never knowing that P-Chan is Ryoga. Stupid, stupid, stupid anime, where you can hear "baka" a thousand times every episode addressed to the main character, but you think that, actually, the thing which is "baka" is the anime itself. So "baka"...

There's so many Anime with that trope : nobody ever cares to explain anything despite they have all the time in the world, and they already waste lots of time talking useless shit.

Re zero is one of the few Animes that is not like that.

That's the nature of episodic anime. Basically there are not too much variation between the episodes, but sometimes that is what the viewer wants, more of the same. Of course in Ranma case, it is a dumb thing being repeated over and over, but people like that. Just enjoy the stupidity of that show (also the fanservices and sometimes fancy fights :) )

There's so many Anime with that trope : nobody ever cares to explain anything despite they have all the time in the world, and they already waste lots of time talking useless shit.

Re zero is one of the few Animes that is not like that.

That's the nature of episodic anime. Basically there are not too much variation between the episodes, but sometimes that is what the viewer wants, more of the same. Of course in Ranma case, it is a dumb thing being repeated over and over, but people like that. Just enjoy the stupidity of that show (also the fanservices and sometimes fancy fights :) )

I know. However, I suppose the difference is the way that is made... For instance, I LOVED Bobobo and I have yet to find another anime that cracks me up like this one ("because I'm a torpedo!"). It was all so absurd, but it made sense (kind of) if you knew how to look at it.

There were some things that I liked of Ranma, but overall, I couldn't stand it. :-|

BTW, guys, do you know another anime similar to Bobobo? I got some suggestions some time ago, but they weren't exactly what I was looking for.

I've watched Utena long time ago and all I remember is the strangeness (in a good way). If you've watched the series (and you like it) then you should watch the movie. It is a retelling, thus different. Still strange.
Ok, I watched yesterday evening. Yes, strange.

Just when I thought that I eventually understood the series, I watched the movie and understood shit, because I assumed some facts as in the series, and then that didn't make any sense... again.

The movie was nice... but not exactly what I expected having seen the series, which I find better.

^I like the movie ending more vs the series. But probably such a series couldn't be really conveyed in a relatively short movie format.
Also Star Driver is kinda Utena-ish (I believe the script is made by the same person). Personally I think Star Driver is a much easier series to follow, probably because they didn't reveal a lot of the story until very late thus you're just in for the weird-ish ride, with mecha! Mecha always a plus :D It won't be a classic like Utena tho.

Back