Mass Effect: Andromeda

I know virtually zero about Mass Effect but I feel like I've missed out on some rare good sci-fi RPG games. And it'll be easier to start with the old and clunky than to revisit the first three having played Andromeda. Just bought ME1 on Steam. I'll dive in this weekend once I'd modded in controller support.

And I'd prefer to dive into Andromeda with a basic understanding the mechanics.

You will not regret it! I've played Mass Effect (1) on old X360 first but then had to play it again on PC because it was so good. After few hours you will not even notice dated graphics! Music is top notch in my opinion and I played all ME games with all DLC's.

From my recent RPG games I rate:
1. Witcher games
2. ME games
3. TES
4. DeusEX reboot

You will not regret it! I've played Mass Effect (1) on old X360 first but then had to play it again on PC because it was so good. After few hours you will not even notice dated graphics! Music is top notch in my opinion and I played all ME games with all DLC's.
Generally I don't get fussed about graphics but if there's an easy graphics modpack I'll just throw it on.

Creepy shepard approves this game

0.jpg

ME1 is my favourite. Just slap MEUITM and enable AO from nVidia drivers (although this sometimes makes some, already dark scenes very dark)
Hoping at least Sam Hulick would be doing music.

(from ME1 "Caleston" DLC)

Here's some pre-alpha PS4 footage. From the Neo, in 4K :O

my new laptop can play it flawlessly, thanks goodness. It's just a humble Celeron N3050, but it is so efficient compared to a kinda monster CPU laptop I had at the time -2011, a i5-2450m- that contrary to the i5 it doesn't stall when playing 4k content, needs no ventilation -it never achieves 99 Celsius degrees like the other-, it just needs 6W of power and games run better on it than on my previous APU. Not a powerhouse by any means, but efficiency wise I'm quite happy to have this one PC now.

edit: nevermind, the display is sooooo bad, it's 768p, not even 1080p, that despite choosing the 4k content, 720p or 1080p would suffice to set the video resolution, I see no benefit at all. Still, it's impressive how it runs at 4k on the pro

Last edited:
That's it, you've officially mentioned your new laptop in every thread on the board! :yes:

The footage of Andromeda did nothing for me. I know it's hard to engage with something with no context but this actually dulled my interest in the game. I've still to play ME3 though. Kinda putting it off.

It's pretty but sure looks very familiar too. I got bored to tears with the series about halfway thru 3. I guess we'll have to see what else their new galaxy has going for it. It really needs to not play exactly like the others.

The footage of Andromeda did nothing for me. I know it's hard to engage with something with no context but this actually dulled my interest in the game. I've still to play ME3 though. Kinda putting it off.

Yeah, not a good demo. Felt like a last-minute request to Bioware to show something.

Tight armour.

ME1: Woooooooo, epic !
ME2: Woooo- wait, the game is finished and I've only done side quests ?
ME3: Meh, crap story, crap ending, and that horrible mobile app which was thought to be required to experience the "best" ending
ME4: No thanks, I'll wait for reviews, and then for discounted prices

And that video certainly does not make me feel interested.
Boring platforming in what looks like a repeat of ME2 last chapter

ME1: Woooooooo, epic !
ME2: Woooo- wait, the game is finished and I've only done side quests ?
ME3: Meh, crap story, crap ending, and that horrible mobile app which was thought to be required to experience the "best" ending
ME4: No thanks, I'll wait for reviews, and then for discounted prices

And that video certainly does not make me feel interested.
Boring platforming in what looks like a repeat of ME2 last chapter
Ah well you bought/played ME3... more courage than me. Or maybe masochism ;)

Back