Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

Sony are in a mild pickle with advertising their Pro games too. Are they going to clearly differentiate between PS4 and Pro versions? I feel every trailer should have both shown and clearly labelled, so gamers know exactly what they're getting. If trailers start showing Pro only versions, I'll be grumpy.

Impressive IQ. so smooth. Can't wait to see GOW IV sometimes next year.
I wonder how much of a visual difference there will be without neo mode.
mm.... well the video above already has a fair bit of popping at the start while traversing, so... :unsure:

mm.... well the video above already has a fair bit of popping at the start while traversing, so... :unsure:
Yea I noticed this as well for some reason. A bit of a dick move on my part. Game looks great but some reason it was almost like Sony wanted me to look for flaws in the Pro mode of the game, which I did because they dared me to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like shadows at certain angles are giving away the vegetation draw-in. If the shader for the grass shadows could more acuratelly handle self occlusion, it would have been less obvious...

Saw the official Sony PS4 Pro video... the IQ is stunning, but the animation and level of detail has me sold Horizon.
They've shown very little variety in gameplay so far. There's no doubt GG can make a pretty game but is it going to be engaging for 12+ hours?

Gameplay reminds me A LOT of Uncharted. Just the way the character moves, the prompts to pick things up, the constant chatter of the character and the cinematic angles during climbing sequences. Not that it's a bad game to emulate.

Are there any true 4k screenshots?

They've shown very little variety in gameplay so far. There's no doubt GG can make a pretty game but is it going to be engaging for 12+ hours?
That also worries me a little bit. But I think that even if this gets lukewarm reviews and poor sales, I'm happy for guerrilla for their accomplishments. They've been making linear 1st peraon shooters in the same thematic universe since ps2 days, and have managed to make a very impressive 3rd person open world action-rpg new ip game, and one with a pretty cool premise at that. Even if it doesn't all come together perfectly in the end, from footage and hands-on experience this far, its known the title is at least solid this... From a technical and production standpoint, just that GG has got this thing out the door at this quality level is quite a victory for them as a studio.

Gameplay reminds me A LOT of Uncharted. Just the way the character moves, the prompts to pick things up, the constant chatter of the character and the cinematic angles during climbing sequences. Not that it's a bad game to emulate.

Are there any true 4k screenshots?
Uncharted? Never once thought about Uncharted looking at this game. More like The Witcher and Far cry.

4K screenshots here, I think those 5 are the best we have. Downsampled on a 1080p display, those look like...4K bullshots.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_psm_horizon_ps4_pro_screens_video-18342_en.html

Doesn't look like bullshots. I took screens from the press released gameplay and they look just like that. They are not perfectly sharp, there is slight blur on a lot of the details of them if you blow them up.

Obviously not apparent not blown up though. But it does appear to be what this upscaling/checkerboard rendering is all about.

Watched the video. I am waiting for this PlayStation 4 game the most.
New Tone Mapping and Bloom are good. The giant walking machine has a high polygon density. Footage looks like from a 1620p game.

The volumetric cloud tech could need a higher resolution because the clouds are looking way too low res to me. And the view distance is quite low plus much fog and pop ups. I also don't like the octopus hair.

Last edited:
Uncharted? Never once thought about Uncharted looking at this game. More like The Witcher and Far cry.

4K screenshots here, I think those 5 are the best we have. Downsampled on a 1080p display, those look like...4K bullshots.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_psm_horizon_ps4_pro_screens_video-18342_en.html

The climbing and the yellow color edges seemingly (could really be a coincidence) suggesting where you can jump to, is very Uncharted.

The longneck looks fantastic. Great piece of art design, and really great looking in motion, beautiful colors, etc.

Back