The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

So blood and Wine is still downloading but the game updated to a new version and I sat down to play some to get back into my Witcher groove and turns out I have hit a bug of some sort : I just cannot cast signs !!!!!!
I get no message on screen nothing, I press R2 and Geralt does nothing at all !!!!

I tried loading an earlier save and but no change. I tried throwing a Dimeterium bomb at myself like ppl say on the internet but nothing. I cannot cast signs ! Anyone has a solution , cos this sucks real bad when I am about to start the dlc :( !!!

Wow. I re assigned R1 to R2 and vice versa and now it works ! Now I fire signs with R1 and bombs with R2.
This is definitely a bug then cos now R2 works fine -_- !

Last edited:
Hey Naughty Dog , this is how u make a cheerful "action" adventure game !
You're joking right? I had a fair few laughs in Witcher 3 (the three drunken Witchers was brilliant) buit overall the game is not cheerful by any stretch unless you find war, racial repression, persecution, murder and lots of death cheerful! :runaway:

You're joking right? I had a fair few laughs in Witcher 3 (the three drunken Witchers was brilliant) buit overall the game is not cheerful by any stretch unless you find war, racial repression, persecution, murder and lots of death cheerful! :runaway:
No way, the whole Witcher universe is cheerful all the time ! If you have read the books, u catch the jokes happening all the time and the events they refer to. For example, Dandelion has a history in Toussaint which gets referenced right off the bat when u meet the duchess and invokes laughter which might be lost to those not familiar. Same for a ton of characters you meet ! And everything has a subliminal message to it without being preachy and upfront. All the racism, environmental degradation, human kinds atrocities are referenced in humoruous manner in the Witcher. Never weeping up front.

Everything else is in all games. Even in Uncharted , especially UC4's attempt of guilt when Drake still kills everyone is sight while cracking wisecracks falls flat. It worked in earlier games because the game did not try to sound serious where it doesn't belong to its very gameplay.
I had more smiles and warmth of love in Witcher 3 than in IC4 anyday. Previous UC games were better of course. I just made a internet wisecrack to sound intelligent , you know. That's what u do on the interwebz ;) !

OMG, the character that has arrived :O ! One of the most enigmatic characters from the books has made a surprise entry ! I always wished to see him ,but with what happened in the books it wasn't possible ! But here he is, gave me goosebumps all over , though he looks very different from what I had imagined :D

I wonder what Sapkowski has to say the way these guys play with his characters[emoji14]! I heard he was writing a new Witcher book and everything in the games might contradict with what he is writing now !

Wow. I re assigned R1 to R2 and vice versa and now it works ! Now I fire signs with R1 and bombs with R2.
This is definitely a bug then cos now R2 works fine -_- !

You've got the "dead zone R2" bug of the DS Shock 4… Got two DS4 with it now, Welcome to the "high quality joypad console"… You can found many posts on it… Have to repaired it.

Wow ! But how come the buttons wok fine in every other game? Weird.
I've got same problem on Heavy Rain and Beyond two souls, and probably in every games who had two states for the R2, like in Witcher 3 with signs. It's the soft plastic element between the R2 button and the small logic board who seem to be tired…
After checking, I can revived correctly one of my DS, probably not for long time, so need to check for replacement of the soft plastic element.

Last edited:
Blood and Wine feels good so far. Just wandering around doing secondary quests and happily distracted by whatever I run into, often leading to big detours, surprising discoveries and interesting side stories.
It seems like a healthy injection of new content of the type that I liked about Witcher 3. Glad it's turned out nothing like Hearts of Stone, which I personally didn't rate at all. Too much like playing someone's nightmare.
This one leaves me eager to head back in, and also a little sad that there are no future Geralt Witcher games planned so far.

Blood and Wine feels good so far. Just wandering around doing secondary quests and happily distracted by whatever I run into, often leading to big detours, surprising discoveries and interesting side stories.
It seems like a healthy injection of new content of the type that I liked about Witcher 3. Glad it's turned out nothing like Hearts of Stone, which I personally didn't rate at all. Too much like playing someone's nightmare.
This one leaves me eager to head back in, and also a little sad that there are no future Geralt Witcher games planned so far.

While I didn't particularly enjoy playing the first add-on (too much of the exact same thing way too soon), I thought the story was absolutely amazing. The Witcher's take on Goethe's Faust struck me as way more interesting than the tired save-the-world plot from the main game. It was more akin to something like the Baron's story, which I thought was by far its best sub plot.

The Witcher's take on Goethe's Faust struck me as way more interesting

It's also loosely based on old polish tale of Master Twardowski, a noble that signed a pact with the devil and when the devil came to collect his soul, fled to the moon.
Especially the look of Olgierd is very similiar to polish nobility sarmatians - part of society in XVI-XVIII century Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth that Master Twardowski belonged to.

Finished Blood and Wine and got this ending:

• Syanna and Anna Henrietta both lived
  • I ended up killing Dettlaf
  • I went into the land of fables instead of meeting the Unseen Elder

Great end to a fantastic game, and i still have a few quests to do! Both B&W and HoS were fantastic, we just don't get DLC like that often :)

Ah and the OST was awesome and full of character once again!

Last edited:
Well I guess it's a good time to mention that CD Projekt Red has organized a festival called Promised Land, which will include presentations from game and CG artists from all around the world, and also workshops and such. I'm not sure if tickets are still available, and it's also in Poland (obviously), but if anyone's able to visit, it looks like a truly outstanding event.
http://promisedland-artfestival.com

Also, they've been kind enough to invite us as well ;) so Digic will be there with a two hour talk, and one of the speakers is going to be yours truly :D

Finally have anew controller: the Hori Fps pad plus and can play Witcher again.
Right back into Blood and Wine and the awesomeness just wont stop ! So well made, so so well made.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Back