Nintendo announce: Nintendo NX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong thread isn't it? There was another thread about whether Nintendo should go to mobile.

They will announce price later so it should be an interesting experiment.

It will be interesting to see how this aligns with a mobile-hybrid NX.
One thought could be they will put their most casual games onto smartphones, but then they stated the NX was also about capturing the casual gamer.
There will be some overlap (possibly limited by the level of development and game detail for mobile phone platform Nintendo games), so we will soon see if Nintendo has a complete strategy; a big example of the overlap would be tapping into the game appeal of Pokemon Go and what would differentiate (plenty of possibilities but again depends upon the strategy) between a good smartphone and the NX when mobile - mostly from a casual gamer context.

Cheers

Maybe this Mario endless runner is the tribut N has to pay to A to get a flawless interop between NX and the A-Displays (iphone,ipad,ipod). It might not the broadest market anymore, yet an important one.

I tend to agree with this:

The Nintendo NX Seems Like It's On Track For A Delay

They didn't announce the console before TGS, and Nintendo won't even be at TGS. There isn't a shred of info about the console to gain momentum and hype from here to March.
Plus, once the console goes on to production there's no way they can guarantee any kind of secrecy, so the console probably isn't even on production yet. Remember we've had rumors/leaks of devkits, not production models.

Emily Rogers has claimed an October announcement, but is 4-5 months of production time enough to send >5 million units to their distribution channels?

Like he states, the share spike created by Pokemon Go and last week by Mario Run may have been enough to put investors to rest and let them delay the console to a time period that actually makes sense.

Because let's be honest: when back in 2014 they announced the NX to be released in fiscal 2016, everyone + their dogs thought the console would be formally announced at E3 3016 with release in October/November. No one ever imagined they would schedule a release to the very last month of fiscal 2016, much less keep radio silence throughout the whole E3 and keep it all the way to September.

Right now, a formal delay to E3 2017 announcement + holiday 2017 release would make a lot more sense. March is just stupid IMO.
(and yes, I know US customers get their tax returns at that time and it's still stupid to assume that will make people buy consoles)

Last edited by a moderator:
Price of Nintendo NX leaks before announcement of its release date and its nearly cost the same as a PS4 Pro!

---
Tesco advertised the Nintendo NX with a £349.99 price tag, something that would rival the PS4 Pro in terms of cost.

Until the Nintendo NX price and release date is revealed by Nintendo, fans should probably take this with a pinch of salt, especially given the fact that it was also advertised with a December 31 launch date.

However, the fact that Tesco decided to publish the Nintendo NX pre-order page and then remove it suggests that the console could be revealed soon.

From http://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...NX-reveal-new-console-price-leak-announcement

Another website mentions that the label was "Nintendo NX Wii U", which implies... that it's nothing to be trusted...

Nintendo already confirmed the console won't release before March 2017.
Tesco is a retailer. They may have simply come up with a placeholder price so they can take pre-orders during Christmas, after the console is formally announced.

It's probably not £350 because Nintendo has already claimed the console would have to be affordable.

However, I for one would be totally into giving £350 for a handheld tablet console that could natively play PS4One-quality titles at 720p in a 6" screen, assuming its docked mode could allow for UHD streaming and other stuff.

At least we have "double confirmed" hand drawn Foxconn employe info
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/54092...-hybrid-gpu-cpu-upgrade-attachment/index.html

This goes hand in hand with many rumors and patents so far.
The biggest "news" here is that the "screen" also has a dumber SoC that allows it to work independently.

This way, you can put the processing box in the TV dock and still use the tablet controller independently, or you can attach the processing box to the tablet and have a high-performance tablet on the go.
I like the concept.

It looks like a product that tries to save the WiiU design by making it mobile: I don't get it. A powerful handheld can be made Nvidia showed how with the Shield (aka get a tiny cooler and a big enough device to cope with some extra Watts), there is no need for a "performance" module.
It seems really like a complicated, border line crazy, solution Nintendo choes if the rumor are right.

It looks like a product that tries to save the WiiU design by making it mobile: I don't get it.

I do. The Wii U's core concept was spectacular, ruined by piss-poor hardware and piss-poor marketing that focused on trying to hide the piss-poor hardware so much that people thought it was a peripheral for the Wii (which already had piss-poor hardware for 2006).

I do. The Wii U's core concept was spectacular, ruined by piss-poor hardware and piss-poor marketing that focused on trying to hide the piss-poor hardware so much that people thought it was a peripheral for the Wii (which already had piss-poor hardware for 2006).
If the wii u didn't come with piss poor hardware, it would have probably been $100 more expensive. I expected it to have sold even worse if that was the case. I doubt the NX will come with state of the art performance either.

If the wii u didn't come with piss poor hardware, it would have probably been $100 more expensive. I expected it to have sold even worse if that was the case.

I disagree. With a larger case and decent hardware for 2011 (say 800sp Terascale DX11 GPU + two dual-core bobcat modules at 1.6GHz), I would expect it to sell a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back