Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

3 different versions of the game

1. Ps4
2. Ps4 pro w/ 4k tv
3. Ps4 pro w/ 1080p

Realistically nobody is going to spend time creating three different versions of the same game.
Right, they will choose 2 of the 3. Correct, it actually took me a little more time for me to get this one. If they chose to do all 3, that would be messed up, because 4.2 TF into 1080p is going to have a lot more going on than at a higher resolution. Significantly more.

So we're looking at, PS4 and PS4 @ 1080p with really great graphics... or PS4 - and PS4 Higher resolution and slightly better graphics.

i would be entertained if a developer decided to do all 3 properly

In both cases you're should be seeing equal to better frame rate according to developer docs, minimal 1080p

I find it hard to believe that ps4/pro wont be forward compatible, but that is what it seemed to sound like. although, still think it will be and their just concentrating on this gen?
Compatibility may be too high a price to pay when Sony are architecting PS5. I wouldn't assume anything, and while I would like to be able to play my PS4/Pro games on PS5 (without some emulation system to support) I wouldn't want Sony to have to make a poor choice of hardware in PS5 for that to happen.

Will be interesting if Sony sticks with "generations" maybe with iterations in between, and Microsoft goes to strictly iterations...(though, it might be a bit semantics, the key point will be just when they drop support for the oldest model, aka when Sony stop supporting 1.8TF PS4, and when MS stops supporting 1.3 TF XBox One)

I think Sony was kind of trapped by Scorpio's higher specs. Pro/Neo was already in the can, it was done, cant put it back in the bottle. So maybe now they feel they're going to have to do a higher specced PS5 proper later.

Why does Sony need to concern themselves with what MS is doing a year from now? I really don't understand this argument, somehow MS has won the war because they are releasing something in the future which is better... This isn't specifically directed at you but a spec war between and now and 12 months from now is always going to favor the future.

Edit:

IMO this is rather simple PSVR aside if you have a 1080p or 720p TV stick with PS4 if you have a 4k TV NEO is a good option.

Sony went from having the PS3 as an awesome media center to this. I know that streaming is eating disc sales at a speeding rate but 4K represents a whole new challenge. Until HEVC is implemented widely you are going to need at least 25Mb of free bandwith to stream 4K and the quality is going to be lower compared to a UHD Bluray.

I get that people wanting the best 4k experience are going to a be niche as most people are already OK with current HD streaming but man, it was really that difficult / expensive?

Cerny is confirming my theory that there still will be generations with significant leaps but maybe with an iterative console in between.

PS4
PS4 Pro
PS5
PS5 Pro

Specs

Crxx0qLXgAQRUgE.jpg:large

The leaks were the leaks :)

Edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1275157

Also usb port in the back for those who asked for it

Cerny is confirming my theory that there still will be generations with significant leaps but maybe with an iterative console in between.

PS4
PS4 Pro
PS5
PS5 Pro
I think they performed an Apple (business model), a Microsoft Xbox One (TV, HDR on TV, 4K TV, Bravia everywhere) so your prediction is likely to happen. I am surprised at the amount of 4K games announced, btw, that's good news. The design is not PS best ever, both the Slim and Pro look like some of the 10 year old heavy laptops I have at home.

Back